[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when Ubuntu was /comfy/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: comfybuntu.jpg (187KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
comfybuntu.jpg
187KB, 1280x1024px
>>
no, it was always a copy cat of debian, run debian unstable and be more stable than most knock off distributions.
>>
That looks like Ubuntu Mate.
>>
God. Just look at how well designed it is. What went wrong? You can obviously see the productivity decrease in the last year's
>>
>>58858253
Yes, that horizontal panels and bars, when panels took 2/3 of screen when browsing web on netbook. Future sucks.
>>
>>58858308
Only Ubuntu things in that picture is color scheme. You could have gnome 2 on any other distro.
>>
>>58858308
there is nothing "designed" in that pic by booboontoo. it's the default installation debian they copied had at the time. how stupid are you?
>>
>>58858253
so much this

GNOME 2 was comfy as fuck.
>>
>>58858376
>>58858411
???
That's not even an answer to my question
>>
>>58858269
>>
>>58858498
What went wrong?
The Gnome team thought "huh, tablets are all the rage today. Maybe Linux can break ~1% market share if we became Tablet leaders." Canocucks thought the same thing but thinking that they needed their own new identity as the new leaders of Loonux on PCs they made unity.
Basically both ideas were a colossal waste of time but Ubuntu got fucked over the most when Mint- a fork of their product became more popular than their own ubuntu.
>>
>>58858253
ubuntu still is comfy.
>>
>>58858253
>tfw my ubuntu still looks like this, just black themed by default
>>
>comfy meme
It still is, via Ubuntu Mate. Unless you actually come from the 1970s and like the brown, as we've moved on from that.
>>
>>58858846
MATE is shit.
>>
>>58858253
I was literally just playing with gnome classic. Trying to set something up similar to old gnome rn. I'm thinking that cinnamon can get pretty close.
>>
>>58858855
It's literally the same thing as in the OP.
>>
>>58858253
That doesn't look very /comfy/ at all. What did they do to Unity?
>>
>>58858253
And then Unity arrived
>>
My mom bought a laptop and asked me install windows. Should I install ubuntu instead?
>>
>>58858308
Gnome went full retard. Unity is based on Gnome.
>>
>>58858334
Where is the upvote button? I want to upboat it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.