[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gahnoooooooooo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: trisquel.png (152KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
trisquel.png
152KB, 1280x800px
Does anyone here use a libre GNU/Linux distro?
>>
No. We all cry about muh botnet but in the end we end up using botnet.
>>
I use a fully free Gentoo system.

But apparently that's bad because "Gentoo includes installation recipes for a number of nonfree programs in its primary package system."

It seems like, to the FSF, you're only truly free if you're forced to be free. Quite ironic, to say the least.
>>
>>58856875
Why don't you use one though?
>>
>>58856842
Trisquel!
>>
>>58857033
You notion of freedom as put forth by the Free Software Foundation is incorrect. Advocating the use of non-free does not make you 100% free as in freedom.
>>
File: free_software_only.png (16KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
free_software_only.png
16KB, 640x480px
>>58856842
trisquel is pointless, you can select "free software only" option in ubuntu installer and go on with your life (pic related).
Also you can have a libre debian install, with some very minor differences from the "fsf way" (you wont have some fsf documentation mainly because debian considers its license to not be free enough, the ironing)
>>
I in fact dual boot Trisquel and Parabola. Trisquel is for when I need something to "just work" and haven't gotten it set up yet on Parabola, Parabola for most of the time.
>>58857033
It's not bad, but the FSF will only publicly endorse distros which do not distribute nonfree software themselves. If you're conscious enough to keep your system free from the botnet, then that's good no matter what distro you started on.
>>
File: 1477788425737.jpg (118KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477788425737.jpg
118KB, 960x720px
>>58856842
"Free" as in communism.

There's nothing free about GPL.
>>
>>58857353
On the contrary, there is nothing capatilistic about stealing code and subverting the users software.
>>
>>58857381
>making money is bad
fuck off you dirty stinking jew commie!
>>
>>58857381
GPL is there to ensure that whatever modifications someone have done to your project will come back to them, theres is nothing wrong about this for the project and you are basically giving your work away for the community, while ensuring that all possible contributions to it will be available for everybody. Its basically perfect at what it's ment to, stallman just puts some very stupid communist ideals behind it, but they are fortunatly not in the license itself.
>>
>>58857033
It's all the gpl stuff. Shity licence obligate people to keep it. Bsd, mit ate good licence
>>
BSD sucks.
No amount of shilling in the fucking world will meme me into installing that worthless shit again.
>>
Funny how GPL software is everywhere and BSD is rapidly becoming a footnote in history.
Apple must be in a panic.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.