[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Decent Intermediate ActionScript 3 Tutorials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: kiijubg.jpg (121KB, 799x455px) Image search: [Google]
kiijubg.jpg
121KB, 799x455px
Hey /g/, I'm an intermediate .net programmer, and using just the APIs I can write ActionScript 3 that does what I need it to, however, I am clueless as to how to structure my code around the timeline. Unfortunately, most AS3 tuts I have seen are either infuriatingly basic, unnecessarily complex, or over my head.

The program I'm trying to make is a basic tax calculator (Just demoing UI design) but I thought I would take this opportunity to legitimately learn the system instead of just being janky and writing everything in the main timeline.

I learn best with high-level things like APIs or theory rather than plinky step-by-step stuff. With that said, could anyone recommend me any good AS3 tutorials (especially focused around timeline-movieclip interaction?

Thank you!
>>
File: 0090-010.jpg (763KB, 2133x1549px) Image search: [Google]
0090-010.jpg
763KB, 2133x1549px
Even just like a flow-chart of how to get references to objects on stage which extend movieclip or something basic like that would be excellent.
>>
File: lskr_lvl_91_12.jpg (551KB, 1740x1201px) Image search: [Google]
lskr_lvl_91_12.jpg
551KB, 1740x1201px
Final, lonesome bump.
>>
Ehrm, wasn't actionscript 3 from the flash era? Why would you use a deprecated scripting language?
>>
>>58854762
Because I am working on something in Flash.

Is there a modern alternative with the advantages of Flash that you would suggest I look into?
>>
>>58854852
What do you need in flash? Portability? Browser-availability?
>>
>>58854878
Browser Ability in addition to a visually appealing, unique UI (or rather the ability to easily create said UI and link it up with the functionality)
>>
>>58855279
HTML5 + JS will probably far outweigh ActionScript. Any reasons why you would not want to use HTML5+JS?
>>
>>58855605
Because I basically just need to create an appealing UI which is super easy in flash, and the crux of the project - It just seemed a good time to learn a little AS3. I can do JS (who can't) so if HTML5 is very easy to work with graphically I'll try that out.

Basically, it seemed like for visual/code interaction, Flash was still the easiest if you needed fancy visuals and not just standard .net or browser boxiness.
>>
>>58855754
I'd personally wouldn't take flash due to dependencies on the flash plugin. HTML5 works on all browsers and JS 99% of the time as well. If you have some experience with CSS the creation is rather quick.

As long as I'm online I'm willing to help you out with your questions in this thread.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.