[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you backup your files, /g/? Y-you do back them up, r-right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: loli.jpg (386KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
loli.jpg
386KB, 600x600px
How do you backup your files, /g/?

Y-you do back them up, r-right?
>>
>>58851478
I'll back my cock up your arse little bitch
>>
External hard drive

2 of them
>>
File: documents-properties.png (15KB, 375x515px) Image search: [Google]
documents-properties.png
15KB, 375x515px
>>58851478
Google Drive
>>
File: apple_time_capsule.jpg (73KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
apple_time_capsule.jpg
73KB, 1280x719px
It's why I use a mac.
>>
I have nothing to backup
>>
I'm using cloud backup since it's set-and-forget + don't have to fear any sort of fires.
>>
>>58851478

Who is this cute boy?
>>
>>58851478
Why do people find little kids attractive? At that age you can barely tell if they're a boy or a girl. Fucking faggot OP.
>>
File: C3vsK5tUcAE5pZ9.png (98KB, 440x510px) Image search: [Google]
C3vsK5tUcAE5pZ9.png
98KB, 440x510px
>>58851478

Google Drive + owncloud
>>
have dump folder
archive by file type into different folders (named MM-YYYY of archive date) when it gets bloated
backup archives with external usb 3.0 hd
>>
>>58851478
:3

>>58852204
little girls have superlative female facial features.

There's an interesting blurry line between cute and attractive: a straight male wouldn't consider another male as cute, and wouldn't consider attractive a female which isn't cute.
>>
rsync
>>
>>58851478
mirror all my drives including OS drives
>>
>>58851478
who is this system daemon?
>>
>>58852204
the best thing about fucking 12 year old girls from behind is that they look like 12 year old boys.
>>
>>58851478
No backup, I live on the edge. If the HDD files I lose everything and start over. Probably better that way, one less thing to worry about.
>>
Just copy my animu and other shit to external hdd once in a while. For uni stuff I use cloud
>>
>>58851478
The magical cloud up in the sky together with NSA , is holding my data.
>>
>>58851543
I have the newer model of this, thing gets so hot I'm worried about it sparking up in the middle of the night and taking my house with it
>>
On an external drive and the free TB cloud from the baidu botnet
>>
>>58851478
I have embraced the trasience of existence and use no backups.
>>
>>58851526
your data do not belong to you anymore
>>
>>58851478
rsync
>>
>>58851478
Important documents, notes, projects: backed up in triplicate, encrypted on PC, thumb drive, and external

Pirate booty: single copy on external drives (new year's resolution for 2017 is to set up a RAID 1 home server for peace of mind)

Unimportant notes/insensitive data: Evernote/Dropbox
>>
>>58851478
External drive and cloud. If all your backups are on-site, you're doing it wrong.
>>
I copy my shit to an external drive.
>>
I have nothing to lose.
>>
>>58851478

All PCs (mine and my gf's) personal folders are mapped to a NAS with RAID1. If all is good I backup all data about every week to a third disk that's nomally unmounted and powered down. All critical documents (no media for example) are backed up incrementally every day to a coworker's NAS encrypted with gpg using duplicity. Full backup every month. That coworker uses a similar scheme to backup his data on my NAS.

gpg keys are kept on cold storage at multiple locations.
>>
>>58852857
>memes
>>
>>58851478
HD falilure is God's way of telling you to update your reaction face folder.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.