[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. How do I actually make things through programming when any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1486553413733.jpg (31KB, 489x361px) Image search: [Google]
1486553413733.jpg
31KB, 489x361px
1. How do I actually make things through programming when any attempt to do anything in the real world makes me feel like I need to go through another 10 tutorials? This is demoralising. It's like jumping in to an ocean, reaching land, then seeing another ocean I have to cross straight after. apart from conditionals, loops, basics of objects, I can't even claim to know all the fundamentals of programming, nvm everything about any frameworks!

2. How is python viable for anything when it's slow? How can Java be shat upon so much when it is not?

3. Is using libraries cheating?

I have been procrastinating learning programming so much because I know that as soon as I get stuck early on with some IT / command line / framework bullshit, I will go insane.
>>
talk to god, nigger
>>
>>58850629
welcome to programming, Pajeet. Is your family hungry yet? Then better get to crossing those oceans.
>>
1. Just keep on learning, even if you can't see the progress, it's there. eventually everything will get easy enough for you to see the results quickly. Sadly, nowadays this field is one huge mess so you'll always have to sort through piles of information in order to do your job. You'll just get much, much better at it.

2. Python is great for tasks where you don't care if something takes 0.1s or 1s. It has other disadvantages compared to Java but it's still useful in many cases and some people enjoy coding it. Java itself used to be the slower alternative but now it got better in this regard.

3. It's like asking an engineer if using a calculator while building a bridge is cheating. You'd most likely feel better knowing that the calculator is of good quality and you'd want the engineer to know how to do all the calculations by hand and occasionally check for errors. He doesn't need to know exactly how the calculator works, but he has to realise when it fails. You still want bridges to be built relatively quickly and on the budget, though.

Not sure about the analogy but you get me, right?
>>
>>58850629
>it's like jumping in to an ocean
how vast do you think this subject is?
>>
>>58850629
1) Find something that piques your interest.

2) If it's too hard or abstract, break the goal into smaller concrete subgoals.

3) Use a planning/time management system. You don't need to get everything done in one day. Little by little, not through brute force, will you reach the goal.

4) Don't reinvent the wheel! Use a library, unless you want to learn how things work under the hood. Or if you are determined your approach is better.

5) Actually finish the project.
6) Goto 1.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.