[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Qt Blog - Native look and feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: qt-logo.png (14KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
qt-logo.png
14KB, 512x512px
> For that reason we plan to open up, and factor out, the various backends into separate libraries that can be accessed directly. Those libraries will wrap parts of the native APIs more closely, and offer building blocks specific to the platform, or controls with a broader set of functions and properties. They will be more open than the common controls, giving access to the native controls they wrap, to let you dig into to native development whenever you need to fill gaps that falls outside our own scope. In the end, it should be easy and straightforward to mix cross-platform controls, platform-specific controls, and native code in your application.

Source: https://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/02/06/native-look-feel/

QT is officialy moving to god-tier status.
>>
It was already god tier.
>>
>>58850376

No, it was great tier.
Look and Feel is a huge "MUST HAVE" on any serious GUI toolkit.
>>
Where can I learn Qt and C++ on the internet for free?
>>
>>58850717
Torrent the stroustoup book for c++ and look up tutorials for Qt.
>>
>>58852080
Is that book really the only way to learn C++?

I was never good at learning from books
>>
>>58850360
>2017
>Not writing your
>>
>>58852106
Dunno, I read it in the summer and it was okay. The exercices are on github too. I'm doing some stuff in Qt now for my masters thesis, and its not too hard.
>>
>>58850360
>2017
>Not writing your own display controller
>Why are you alive Pajeet.
>>
Isn't this what made awt such bullshit
>>
>>58850360
Basically they are saying gtk devs are lazy and incompetent.
Fucking Red Hat ruins everything.
>>
>>58850360
BASED QT
>>
QT is based as fuck.

Been using it for years and I couldn't be more satisfied with a free product. I'm even willing to forgive their MOC bullshit.
>>
>>58850360
QT is going to be nonfree software since they implement full chromium.
>>
>>58855063
>>58856420
Even Qt engineering couldn't save Nokia, especially after Elop.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.