[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hpg/ - Headphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 57

File: 1406490886140.jpg (65KB, 624x500px) Image search: [Google]
1406490886140.jpg
65KB, 624x500px
>Headphone purchase advice
http://pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>/g/ wiki headphone FAQ:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread: >>58827068
>>
File: gradoducks.jpg (38KB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
gradoducks.jpg
38KB, 500x401px
D U C K S
>>
>>58847798
That or the back panel. Pretty sure you have a better chance of getting a good sound out of plugging directly to the motherboard most of the time, but I can't hear a difference between the front and back panels on my PC.
>>
>>58847878
Thanks
>>
Are bose quietcomfort 35's worth the money?

They're $350 on amazon and seem quality
>>
>>58847998
I have used Bose products in the past and for the most past they are good/OK. My only complain is that they generally don't last very well. That particular model seems pretty good if you are into noise cancelling.
>>
>>58848020
Thx. I'm looking for something that will last long enough to compensate for it's cost.
>>
>>58848097
Well if you want something to last and don't mind wires. Any Beyerdynamic product is built like a tank
>>
>>58848165
Wires don't bother me desu

If Beyerdynamic headphones have the same audio quality than count me in
>>
>>58848215
Well it's not exactly the same. I have to use this term but Beyers could be considered "studio headphones" because they provide detailed sound without any color. The Bose provide a more v shape sound. Oh and also the bey's are not noise cancelling
>>
File: Setup (second version).png (2MB, 1617x723px) Image search: [Google]
Setup (second version).png
2MB, 1617x723px
So i'm thinking of selling 4 of my 6 headphones (including one that is not on the template), will keep the DT880 (which i already listen to 90% of the time) and one more, probably the V6 since i occasionally like isolation.
Any considerations you guys think i should be making before seeling them?
>>
>>58848259
I personally like to have a set for portable use, so you might want to keep the V Moda unless you take the V6's out in the world.
>>
>>58848250
I see..

Since I'm aiming for a pair to use casually throughout the day and during long trips, i feel as though Bose would fit well for my needs since the sou d quality seems fair and they are noise cancelling
>>
>>58848325
Was not considering portable use, you might be right Anon, i guess i'll have to put some more thought into this.
>>
Where can I purchase a replacement cable for Shure SE215? As in the same cable as the stock cable, not some other shit made by another company or for other IEMs/headphones.
>>
>>58847998
I'm new to /hpg/ and audiophilia in general but from what I can gather ANC headphones are only recommended if you absolutely need absolute silence while listening to music. As far as I'm aware you definitely compromise on sound quality, and for most people noise isolating headphones are generally sufficient, plus the audio quality is much better
>>
>>58847998
Purely for ANC/Comfort? Yes
For sound? No. The Sony ones sound a lot better.
>>
>Budget
100 bucks
>Location
USA
>Source
Laptop, Iphone
>Type of headphone
On ear
>Comfort level
VERY comfy. I'm going to use them while I lay down on my side, which I can't do with my over ear headphones
>Sound signature
Doesn't matter, just needs good soundstage because I'm going to mostly use them for watching things. I'd like a bit of warmth for explosions and shit
>Past headphones
Koss Portapros are the only on ear headphones I've owned but mine broke and I lost the warranty
>>
Are the AKG K92's a upgrade over the Superlux hd668b?
>>
What's the current /hpg/ recommended USB dac+amp?
>>
>>58849371
E10K
>>
File: gondoshig.jpg (77KB, 1199x855px) Image search: [Google]
gondoshig.jpg
77KB, 1199x855px
Last thread was one of the most hopelessly stupid audiophool get togethers. Don't let this thread sink into that ever again.

>>58849371
E10K and Fulla 2 are the cheapest recommended ones.
>>
>>58849371
Price?
>>
>>58849483
Whatever is cheap tbqh famicom

>>58849437
>>58849432
>fulla 2
>e10k

Bit pricey, anything cheaper?
>>
>>58849484
Any cheaper than that isn't worth it.
>>
File: 71Jog--JXRL._SL1500_.jpg (172KB, 1177x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71Jog--JXRL._SL1500_.jpg
172KB, 1177x1500px
I'm thinking of buying a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premiums (600ohm) to substitute my DT 990s as my desktop cans. Gonna use em for everything; music, movies, games, the lot.

Also thinking of getting an AudioQuest DragonFly Black USB DAC to provide audio out from my PC. Already have a FiiO E09K for amplification.

Any opinions on the headphone/DAC combo? Will the DragonFly improve my audio experience much over a high-end motherboard?

I'm in Australia, so getting any other decent DAC would be very expensive. Also got very little space in my setup.
>>
>>58849109
Sony 7506. I actually use them as my in-bed headphones too and they sound great for movies. The stock pads are fairly cushy and sandwich down if you roll over, but you can get all sorts of replacements.
>>
>>58849607
I have a DAC/amp combo with the 250ohm DT 880s and as far as I can tell by comparison to my ITX motherboard audio it's basically a glorified volume knob despite all advice to the contrary. I'd imagine the 600ohm model would be different though.
>>
>>58849610
they look like they'd break if I lay on my side in them 2bh.
>>
>>58849484
I got a sound blaster e1 as part of a deal with my headphones, I only use it as an amp but I think it sounds pretty good.
>>
>>58849638
No way, you wouldn't believe how much abuse they can take. The most fragile part are the pads themselves which might tear, but there's no way you're breaking the phones themselves. Don't forget they were originally designed as a pro product.
>>
>>58849663
I actually recall Lachlan saying they're his most comfy headphones by far. I was looking for an on ear pair, but I'll consider these. Thanks for the suggestion
>>
>>58849663
For reference, I've had mine since 2010 and I've sat on them, dropped them, fell asleep in them and had them knocked around in a bag with assorted audio gear and they're still fine.
>>
>>58849638
Naw, MDR V6/7506 are built like tanks. DT 770's might be one of the few sub $200 headphones that are built better than them.
>>
File: hesh2.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
hesh2.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
took a walk today and used my friend's wireless headphones, pic related, Skull candy Hesh 2.

They sounded average at most, they were comfy at start then my ears started sweating and got pretty hot.

but I am convinced I want WIRELESS headphones, what are some nice options out there around 100$, closed, and not kill my ear and sweat after 2 mintues.

Also Listen to all types of music, mostly modern and sometimes bassy.

any suggestions ?
>>
File: 41D7mJTlcrL.jpg (28KB, 275x500px) Image search: [Google]
41D7mJTlcrL.jpg
28KB, 275x500px
I've been looking at headphones recently as my last gaming headset has left me rather disappointed for the price I paid (it was the Logitech G633 Artemis headset for those wondering). Currently I'm looking at the AKG K 240 Semi-Open Studio Headphones and the Audio Technica AUD ATHAD500X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones. I really like the AKG's but recent reviews have talked about shoddy craftsmanship since they moved production to China. I'd really like to know what all yours opinions on these headphones are.
>>
>>58850921
Fill out the form my dude.
>>
>>58850194
there's two good wireless headphones besides active noise cancelling ones

XB950BT
MDR10RBT

>but anon those are out of my budget
well tough shit homo
>>
>>58849484
>Bit pricey, anything cheaper?
If you are on a budget, do you really need one is a better question before you spend anything.

Amplifier/DAC checklist:
-Is it too quiet?
-Is the output impedance too high (fixable by equalization)?
-Is there noise/EMI or hiss to it?
-Does it sound distorted as you start to crank up the volume?
If the answer is no, don't get one.
>>
>>58850927
what do you mean by that
>>
>>58850951
Read the OP, and fill out the purchase advice form.

Asking about purely one headphone generally isn't good, though you can add that you are considering it at the end.
>>
>>58850960
okay, thank you
>>
Anyone know why Headroom has been shriveling over the years?
They stopped making Amps and stuff a few years back, their website is now hideous, and their stock is always dwindling.
>>
>>58850921
>Budget
Preferably no more than $100
>Location
USA
>Source
Desktop PC
>Type of headphone
Full-sized
>Open or closed
Open (semi-open if possible)
>Comfort level
very comfy (looking at multiple hours of constant use)
>Sound signature
not too sure
>Past headphones
Sennheiser Momentum (current travel headphones), Apple Ear-pods, Logitech G633 (not comfortable IMO), some Sades headset that wasn't too bad.
>>
>>58851015
>Sennheiser Momentum
How do you like them? As in do you feel they need more bass, mids or highs?

>Open (semi-open if possible)
Why semi-open? I dont really see the point of semi-open desu. You should go for either full seal or no seal. Semi open hardly isolates any more than a fully open headphone unless its borderline closed like T50RP's.
>>
>>58851015
668b/sr850
>>
>>58851038
>>58851038
I love my Sennheisers. As for need more base, mids or highs, I wouldn't really know. I feel like they have great sound quality and I've been using them for the past 2-3 years. As for why I am considering semi-open, well I have no idea. I've used nothing but closed back headphones/headsets so my experience is lacking.
>>
>>58847998
Garbage value, like everything BOSE.

GC35s only gimmick is the noise cancellation. The sound is garbage quality.

Ever used open back headphones? Try HD598se for a change.
>>
File: eefaebbf.jpg (11KB, 214x210px) Image search: [Google]
eefaebbf.jpg
11KB, 214x210px
/g/ redpill me on Sennheiser's The Surrounder
>>
>>58847998
the best ANC headphones
>>
>>58847998
Please people, try to ask a sensible question which doesn't rely on your personal sense of value. We can't possibly say whether you see something being worth the asking price.

What is it that you are looking for from headphones? We have the purchase advice form for requests. Either fill that or ask something which we can help with.

>>58848843
>For sound? No. The Sony ones sound a lot better.
I highly disagree with that if you mean the MDR-1000X.

>>58848259
>Any considerations you guys think i should be making before seeling them?
Seems like you have already decided.
>>
File: k7xx red wire.jpg (53KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
k7xx red wire.jpg
53KB, 960x540px
the red wire in my K7XX came out, just like this. i'm about to try soldering it back on, but i've never soldered before, so i have a question. do i just take the expose wire, place it against the metal connector it disconnected from, and push the solder onto it? is there anything more i need to do?
>>
>>58851939
yeah, its easy anon. just melt the stuff together with the remaining tin, dont see any problem here. if you can control your soldering irons temperature/watt usage set it as low as possible, otherwise dont hold it to long on there because you might melt some plastic, but i doubt it. takes like 2seconds. good luck
>>
>>58850977
anyone?
>>
File: ful.png (46KB, 174x238px) Image search: [Google]
ful.png
46KB, 174x238px
Bought the Fidelio X2 for 100bucks.

Listening to them right now for the first time.

I got a huge head and after 10min it feels kinda clamped, I can't imagine enduring a whole day with them.

But, but audio right out of the box is very very impressive.
I'm comparing them to the 400i right now and the X2 has better soundstage and so much better bass.

I got 30 days to return them though. This will be a fun month!
>>
Daily reminder:
HD800 are overhyped, second gen t1 tesla is better
Soundcards are garbage unless you need them for optical
M50s are shit

That's all
>>
>>58847867

B R E A D S
>>
>>58850939

You can get refurbs of the xb950bt for $100. Alternatively, you can get xb330bt for like $40.
>>
>>58852235
>tfw waiting for the X2s to go on sale in the UK
>>
>>58852527
Worth the money by a mile.

Here in Sweden they went for 1111SEK a month ago or so, now they went for 999SEK.

I managed to get the last one at the local store.
The audio guy looked so sad seeing them go.

I'm noticing that the cable is quite loud when you brush against it. It's stiff, so sound travels easy along with it into the metal frame of the cup. Rubbing the cable 40-50cm down the line sounds as if your scratching the cup itself. So definitely not for moving around.
>>
>>58852351
>HD800 are overhyped
How come?
>second gen t1 tesla is better
How? What about it is better? I happen to disagree. I think the T1 is worse than what Beyer offers at lower price points.
>Soundcards are garbage unless you need them for optical
Again how? I can find plenty of excellent sound cards on the market. What makes them garbage?
>M50s are shit
Nice opinion. I don't personally enjoy them for comfort or sound much but I know plenty people do and I can understand why.
>>
>>58852718
>>>/v/
>>
>Budget
300€ more or less
>Location
Europe, Spain
>Source
Sound Blaster Z
>Type of headphone
Full sized
>Open or closed
Don't mind
>Comfort level
Medium - high
>Sound signature
Don't mind
>Past headphones
ATH-M50x

I can't deal with the uncomfortableness of pleather on these shit headphones and the cramp on my head. They always leave a dent in my hair and my head hurts. I want something comfortable that has great audio.

The genres I listen to: edm, many types of rock, ASMR (not music obv) and general media consumption

Thank you!
>>
>>58852718
y'know you have to be 18+ to post here right
>>
HD-555 and up, Sennheiser
What is the second gen t1 tesla mentioned earlier?
>>
>>58852351
I like my HD800's. Eat shit.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ni55mggnbD1qkdr2y.png (25KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ni55mggnbD1qkdr2y.png
25KB, 100x100px
>>58852736

Get a Schiit Fulla2 and some HD598se.

The fulla2 is the best bang for the buck headphone amp. Super nifty.

The HD598se is both a very good for the price and a very comfortable set, with neutral (non-colored) response.
>>
>>58853189
>Schiit Fulla2
Do you actually need a headphone amp for moderately priced headphones (i.e 100-300€)? I'm asking for genuine curiosity.
>>
when are the 6XXs coming back
>>
>>58853361
Hopefully never ever
>>
>>58852736
HD600/650
might clamp a bit but it's easily fixable, see youtube for "HD6XX PSA" on how to bend the metal so it doesn't clamp as much.
>>
>>58853485
>having to alter a manufactured item yourself for it to be comfortable

i think i'll pass to be honest
>>
>>58853338

Yes. It makes a huge difference, too.

Following is with my HD598. There's an order of magnitude through:

- No amp (motherboard w/amp disabled, distortion because of lack of power)
- Mobo amp (kinda warm colored, but so much better because of the amping)
- Fulla2 (even better, neutral-ish, and strange clarity, like a "fog" is gone)

While amps do cost money, they are simply necessary for any cans except the lower end. The fulla2 is particularly nifty, versatile and good value/money.
>>
>>58853635
>wah bending a piece of metal a couple times is too much work
Your loss.
>>
>>58853946
>too much work

No. If the company didn't bother modifying this in their factory means they don't give a damn about their product.

>>58853865
I'll have to consider gettign an amp then. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've got a question btw.

I've had problems since I installed my 1070 on this new z170 board. I can hear disortion, some sort of buzzing, when 3d games are up. You know, any game that requires gpu usage pretty much.

What could be the deal? I didn't have this problem with my old 970 and I am using the same Sound Blaster Z.
>>
>>58847845
Whichs cans should I cop lads? I want best sound (neutral) and longetivity and good build quality.

Superlux HD668B ($57.95)
or
Samson SR850 ($64.98)

Samson looks comfy, but Superlux is cheaper. Any thoughts on these two?
>>
>>58853998
Interference from the GPU PCI-e power rails probably.

As for the amp, please don't take that shit anon posted about "huge differences" at face value if neither of you understand amplification.
>>
>>58854148
They're both the same headphone and they aren't really neutral.
668B's if you want a detachable cable and can spend a tad more on new pads.
Samsons if you don't mind a long cable, non-detachable cable and nice comfort.
>>
>>58854148
sr850 if you want cloth pads
668b if you want pleather
>>
>>58854552
>>58854548
SR850 then since I want comfort. Wi;; primarily be a home headphone with the ocasional non-public commute.

seems like Id have to buy extra pads for the 668b but in the long run its better with the detachabe cable
>>
>>58849632
I have the DT880 250 too and an O2 AMP, which DAC do you have?
>>
>>58854483
>Interference from the GPU PCI-e power rails probably.

So you mean the GPU is faulty? Or the motherboard itself? Thanks for answering man.
>>
>>58854846
Probably nothing is faulty, just shoddy motherboard design.
>>
>>58851885
>Seems like you have already decided.
I guess, i honestly like all my headphones, but i've being listening less and less to each of them, seems like such a loss.
>>
>>58855192
Variety is the spice of life senpai.

Unless you're desperately broke or looking to use the money to upgrade, I'd just keep them if you like them all.
>>
>Budget
around the same price as any Beats
>Locale
Murica
>source iPhone/Apple products/HP Laptop
I want to know what can I get instead of the stupid Beats that all my friends are recommending me. Everyone seems to succ off Beats so much but I want to know what would be objectively better price wise and quality wise as well as something that isn't as pricey as Beats
>>
>>58855370
Not enuf info
>>
>>58855382
I want to buy headphones that wont cost me a leg like the shit beats everyone has.
>>
>>58855408
>Type
>Open or Closed
>Sound Signature
>>
>>58855370
Get better friends.
>>
>>58855370
That isn't hard actually, the only decent beats is the studio 2 (iirc) and even than the price could be better, even an MDR 7506 is much better than most, if not all beats, there are better and more expensive options of course.
>>
>>58847845
anybody know any quality headphones around under $400 that have good sound quality and are noise canceling?
>>
File: qc35_wireless.png (57KB, 1573x1176px) Image search: [Google]
qc35_wireless.png
57KB, 1573x1176px
>>58856068
Active noise cancelling? Bose QC35 is nice. If you don't need wireless, QC25 goes for less. Both are bassy but not overly so. Without the active mode, the response is rather awful but I would imagine you are using the ANC if you get a headphone that has the capability to do so. There's also Sony MDR-1000X which goes for around 400 euros or dollars, depending where you live in. I didn't much care for it. Even with the active circuitry the response was boomy with significant lack of clarity. You can see it measured on Speakerphone/Clarityfidelity's blogspot. QC35 and QC25 can be found from many places. Innerfidelity has it for example, pic related.
>>
File: 61WQkLnczdL._SY355_[1].jpg (20KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
61WQkLnczdL._SY355_[1].jpg
20KB, 355x355px
Had by Dt 770s for about 3 years now and the earcups are starting to rip mostly because of how difficult it is to put them back on after washing them. Is there some king of hpg approved universal over ear headphone cup I could use to replace the normal ones? Easy on/off, washable and non leather preferred
>>
>>58855192
The loss is owning them but not using them. I have my HE-500s and HD 650s sitting around. EQ makes all of them obsolete for me. I really don't see the point of hoarding multiple different devices designed to do the same thing.

>>58855958
Studio 2 isn't exactly great. Bassy, but not extremely so. An odd use of EQ, wonky midrange. Solo 2 is the usually recommended model. It's great if you like a bassy on-ear.

>>58855370
For better recommendations, fill out >>58855430

Hard to recommend something if we don't know what your preferences are. There's isn't some obvious better option here. Beats makes headphones of many kinds. Maybe some of those might actually be what you want?

>>58856292
For those no. The HM5 pads get recommended here endlessly, even for headphones they don't fit into. They are oval shaped so you can't use them with the DT770s. Just get original replacements.

>>58849632
>I'd imagine the 600ohm model would be different though.
That would just be a little more quiet.

>>58849607
>Also thinking of getting an AudioQuest DragonFly Black USB DAC to provide audio out from my PC.
Reconsider that.
>Will the DragonFly improve my audio experience much over a high-end motherboard?
It's likely a downgrade. Even if not guaranteed to be an audible one, it's a very poor component. DAC isn't something you consider for headphones. You get it if you need one. Headphones don't create that need. See >>58850943
>>
>>58847845
Does dog enjoy music
>>
>>58856258
bose QC35's sound good especially for their price

are OPPO PM-3's worth their money. reviews show they have a much better sound quality than bose
>>
>>58856926
>worth
Nobody can tell you that.

>reviews show they have a much better sound quality than bose
I don't necessarily disagree with that notion but it's more complex than this. There isn't some sound quality ranking of headphones and while we can generalize people enjoying flat, extended and smooth response, not everyone does. It is subjective.

As for PM-3, some people find them uncomfortable. They sound somewhat dark, recessed treble. The isolation is good in high range which isn't surprising but they lack ANC and don't block out lower frequencies effectively.
>>
I want to know what you're opinion on the AKG k240 are. I've been thinking of getting them but recent reviews complain about their their build quality.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0001ARCFA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2GC3Z2K65530P&coliid=IWACNA1NK4GW4
>>
will the e10k drive a dt 770 (250 Ohm)
>>
>>58857234
Also any opinions on the AKG K240 MKII? I looking for a good pair of headsets to replace my gaming headset
>>
>>58856828
only flac conversions of LPs
>>
>>58858152
Yes
>>58857234
The MKII is the same as the other K240 with a new paint scheme and a detachable cable.
>>
What are the best wirless, bluetooth, stereo headphones?
>>
got my fulla 2 today. what the product photos conveniently leave out is that there's only 3 feet, 2 in front and 1 in back, to save money on the milling & rubber feet so it wobbles.

please kill me
>>
>>58859630
Lmao wtf. Stick some keyboard rubber feet on it.
>>
Redpill me on IEMs

I'm looking for something with that Shure-shaped shrimp body. Doesn't actually have to be a Shure though. I'm looking for something designed with absolute sonic neutrality/accuracy in mind, not exaggerated "rich" bass.

Help? Anybody?
>>
>>58859964
Fill out the form.
>>
>>58859978
Alright.

>Budget
max. $500
>Location
USA
>Source
Desktop, laptop, phone, bodypack receiver
>Type of headphone
in-ear
>Comfort level
as comfy as possible. I'm going to be using them basically all day, whenever I'm awake chances are I'll be using them
>Sound signature
eh...balanced/flat I guess. athough warmer signatures are fine too.
>Past headphones
I had a pair of shure SE215s that disappeared under mysterious circumstances.
>>
guys i just got a pair of shp9500 and they sound pretty good but i think im going crazy because i heard the left side less than the right so i flipped to see if there was an imbalance but i cant notice it when flipped. wtf is wrong with me
>>
>>58860220
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sXQoGcMN1U
>>
>>58860435
Were the SHP9500's a little bit of a letdown sound wise and comfy wise?
>>
>>58860435
Try testing with the balance, I can easily tell when things lean left or right simply by changing to +1 on each side

A lot of songs seem to use left for bass and right for treble I've noticed so that might also be fucking with you if you're listening to a bass heavy thing to test it
>>
>>58860537
Joke's on you, I love that theme song
>>
>>58860689
why wouldn't you
but seriously, the best I can do for you is tell you to have a look at the outdated IEM pastebin on the wiki

recommendations might still be the same
>>
>>58860651
No
>>
>>58860651
its hard to follow the enormous hype that these had so yes. but theyre not terrible. however the bass did surprise me, i put them on thinking they had no bass. also the pads are kinda shallow, i might try out the "magick man" mod posted on head-fi
>>
that might be it. hope im not placebo-cucking myself
>>
>>58860708
cool, thanks
>>
File: TrustyFucks(1).jpg (743KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
TrustyFucks(1).jpg
743KB, 3840x2160px
>>58847845
Best budget headphones coming through.
>>
>>58861438
For what purpose does this dummy have a mouth hole?
>>
>>58861478
benis :DDDDD
>>
File: 108323.jpg (17KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
108323.jpg
17KB, 500x375px
Looking for replacement pads for my Monoprice 108323s as the original pads have started to crack. Do the HM5 pads fit, or should I spring for something else?
>>
>>58861545
I'm pretty sure the hm5 pads fit, I have a pair of the angled velours in the mail for mine.
>>
File: TrustyFucks.jpg (826KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
TrustyFucks.jpg
826KB, 3840x2160px
>>58861438
To tell you how good the headphones are, anon.
>>
>>58859964
>>58860220
Shure/Westone style concha-fit generally works well for most users, at least when the shells aren't fat as with SE846. They don't really deal with flat signatures though.

>>58861478
Mouth simulator with humanoid diffraction pattern.
>>
File: 20170116_184530.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170116_184530.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
>>58861624
That picture looks a bit blurry, lemme enhance it to see the real picture. Would you look at that. It looks better now.
>>
Anyone here own Shure 1540 pads??
>>
>>58851015
I'd recommend the 9500's, personally.

>>58860651
I got a pair back in early January. They're great for the price as far as I'm concerned. Only issue is that they could be just a little more bassy but it's not a huge deal for me.
>>
>>58850194
sounds like you really want wireless earbuds
get the jaybirds x2 or whatever they're called
>>58851015
SHP9500 with a vboom moda mic
>>
File: Sentai.jpg (44KB, 421x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sentai.jpg
44KB, 421x500px
I don't know how you guys view gaming headsets but how do Logitech G430's stand up to Sentey GS-4730's?
On that note, are there any 7.1 surround sound headsets that you guys would recommend personally? I've had my Senteys for a year now and love them to death but the wiring seems to be shorting out or something. I'd get another pair but they only have used ones on Amazon and they go for triple what I payed for mine.
>>
>>58862465
Come on, anon. Please stop buying gaming headsets, and I can guarantee /hpg/ can find you something better for the price.
>>
>>58862465
>7.1
stop
there is literally no headphones that are actually 7.1, it's all just shitty software
>>
File: 23112001285l.jpg (200KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
23112001285l.jpg
200KB, 1024x768px
>>58862629
>Razer Tiamat 7.1

:^)
>>
>>58860651
Like the other anons, I don't feel like they were a let down at all.

Bass was better than I expected.

They are a bit shallow though so my ears touch, doesn't bother me too much and they're real comfy still.
>>
File: 1468129691526.jpg (190KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468129691526.jpg
190KB, 600x640px
So I just had my first noticeable issue with my Shure 1540s after 2 years of use. The left and right ears were going out, alternating between both. One side would go out while the other played fine, and vice versa. Started working fine again after I replugged the left and right cables, but should I be worried?
>>
>>58862558
What should I go for instead? Studio mic and headphones? Yes, I like my music but I like talking to my buds too. I'm not looking to spend big bucks for the whole shebang
>>
>>58863167
best "headset" for the price are refurb/open box SHP9500(like $40) and a vmoda boom mic ($30)
>>
>>58863167
Grab a ModMic or V-Moda BoomPro, and we'll help with the rest, anon.
>>
>>58863220
If you really want a gaming headset, then take a look at Sennheiser's lineup. They're the only decent headsets I know of, but they're still overpriced.
>>
>>58863167
>Generic Hyperx Cloud recommendation.
>>
File: b&w.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
b&w.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
Do you guys do in-earbuds ? Help me pweaze
>>
>>58863353
Fill out the form.
>>
File: alcantara.jpg (127KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
alcantara.jpg
127KB, 1000x563px
>>58862096
bumping this question
>>
>>58863167
Get X2 and the vmoda mic.
>>
>>58863167
Planar headphones let you hear those CS:GO footsteps in every direction way better than "7.1" ever could
>>58863454
>>
>>58863373
These look pretty comfy. I'd also like to know.
>>
>>58863361
I've done that before and was ignored.

>budget
>location
US
>Source
iphone, maybe ps4 mic
>type
in earbud
>comfort
don't care just don't want them falling out
>sound signature
overall just want something that sounds top tier, I guess if i had to pick it would be vshaped. But really i just want balance and supreme quality
>past
vmoda bass freq metal inear bud
>>
>>58863499
1more triple driver with comply tips or SE215
you're not going to get "supreme quality" from a ps4 controller btw
>>
>>58863574
The ps4 addition was just a bonus. If i used it with the controller it would be just to use as a mic not to get full audio from it.

1more triple driver seems like a popular choice, any opinion on bowers and wilkins?
>>
I have a pair of MDR-7506's, and after some mishandling by my brother the prong is a little bit weird. It's tilted a little bit and when it's connected you need to twist it around to get sound in both ears. Would I just use pliers to get it back into position?
>>
>>58848541
Anywhere, search for MMCX cable.
Or you can go to AliExpress and search for MMCX or SE215.
>>
Beyer Dynamic DT990 600 or Fidelio X2 for positioning in video games?
>>
>>58864184
X2
>>
File: 20151005_235733.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20151005_235733.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
https://chiru.no:8081/stream.flac
>>
>>58857234
>>58858378
I've had my k271 mkii (made in china) for a few years, and it's been holding up nicely (probably has several thousand hours of use by now). This also includes the minor 'abuse' where I accidentally stepped on them and them dropping a few feet onto a wooden floor.

The difference between the K240 Studio and the K240 MKII is as >>58859158 said, and iirc, the MKII also includes a set of pleather and velour earpads, whereas the Studio only has the pleather pads.

Lastly, you'll need an amp with a decent amount of power for the K240, as they're rather insensitive, in addition to the 150Ω spike at ~100Hz.
>>
>>58853338
>with neutral (non-colored) response
lmao
>>
>>58864184
I have 990s 250 and in csgo I can hear exactly every single footstep from any angle because the treble is high you can hear everything so well and clear even through the mess of the bass sounds of everyone shooting.

It's so good you can hear what a grenade bounces off to figure out where people are like some fucking echo location bat, or hear knives hitting walls far away and things like that, it just comes through so well.

And obviously you can hear footsteps well etc etc, I recommend them as long as you aren't super sensitive to treble. It's not as bad as most people made it out to be but it's noticeable for sure, which has positives and negatives depending on what you listen to I suppose.
>>
>>58862653
So there are seven speakers and a subwoofer in a headphone?
Which side has the subwoofer?
>>
well I know now that I can't wear closed headphones because nauseousness
is there anyway I could find someone willing to trade my 80 ohm DT 770's for maybe their 32 ohm DT 990's? I don't have any of the packaging but the headphones are practically brand new, I've only worn them maybe 5 hours total. Never dropped them, sweat in them, or anything
>>
>>58863995
Thanks
>>
Am running HD650s through O2+ODAC. Seems good.
>>
>>58847845
So after a few days of research i've decided on the Sennhieser HD600's as the best phones for me for the price. Now i'm looking into amps, either the Schitt Magni 2 or the Schitt Fulla 2 dac/amp combo. What's gonna make my HD600's sound the best? I'll be using them to learn to mix/master, so I need a flat, neutral sound but I don't want them sounding like shit when I regularly listen to music. Any advice is much appreciated
>>
>>58863191
>>58863220
>>58863454

I have a pair of Beyer DT990s, so the vmoda mic won't work for me.
I'm considering the modmic but I've heard that the cable rips too easily and they are often dead on arrival. Plus they are a bit on the expensive side.

I've heard the bm-800 condenser mic mentioned here before, looks good but it requires phantom power. A power supply is not that expensive, but I'm not sure wether I need a preamp or any other equipment for this mic or not.

Or any other recommendations?
>>
>>58865107
Why not just get a usb desktop mic?

Snowball or meteor are both about the same price as a modmic, both can be attached to an arm if you want later on anyway
>>
>>58865107
Blue Snowball. Only $45 on US amazon
>>
the earpads on the right side of my 770 are loose (if you turn them around with your finger they rotate all over) is there a way to make it tighter
>>
>>58864874
Post in local classfields and on the headfi trade/sales forum.
>>
>>58865459
Why do you care?

Put some double sided tape on the inside rim if youre really bothered.
>>
>>58865504
au·tism
ˈôˌtizəm

noun

a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts.
>>
>>58853998
>I've had problems since I installed my 1070 on this new z170 board. I can hear disortion, some sort of buzzing, when 3d games are up. You know, any game that requires gpu usage pretty much.

Bad isolation on the board's DAC. Onboard audio typically suffers from this.

The fulla2 I suggested has a built in DAC, so that's a non-issue :)
>>
>>58854846

Bad isolation. Common issue with onboard audio.

Fulla2 has a USB DAC so if you get that, you're good.
>>
>>58854846
If the sound is coming from your PC it's probably coil whine which is not a problem just kind of a thing that happens

If it's in the headphones get an amp and move it away from your pc
>>
>>58852718
Please stop.
>>
tl;dr, need some nice big headphones that let me zone out and do my work + listen to music, while not bothering others. May or may not need to dick around with audio editing in the future.

>Budget
Don't care too much, but I'd max out somewhere around $300.
>Location
USA.
>Source
Desktop/laptop.
>Type of headphone
Full-sized.
>Open or closed
Closed. This would be a pair I bring to distraction-ridden labs/studios/work.
>Comfort level
/comfy/. If they're large enough to get around my entire ear, then that's a major plus.
>Sound signature
Preferably warm. Anything that can get as much as possible from a variety songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By-bLIKzL70
>Past headphones
Tried brother's Beats headphones - don't remember what they were like, but they were useful at the time. The left side immediately went out within a year.
Skullcandy SCS-SCBP3.5 - 7? years old, utter shit. Kills my ears and just sounds extremely watery. Still use them today with my garbage laptop, but they are dying.
Astro A50 - 5 year old meme headset from gaymen days, but I still like the sound (compared to what I'm used to, at least). Can't update the firmware anymore. 4 wires is a bit too much for my purposes now.
>>
>>58865743
Fuck, forgot to add, Astro memes were reasonably comfy and fit my head very well. Adjustability is nice.
>>
>>58865706
I asked for reasons. Was that too much?
>>
>>58865018
Bumping for an answer
The more I read into this stuff the more confused I get. Also never needed an amp before
>>
>>58865018
Magni 2 will be louder, Fulla 2 loud but not quite as much. That's the difference.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ni55rfHaRX1qkdr2y.png (27KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ni55rfHaRX1qkdr2y.png
27KB, 100x100px
>>58865018

You shouldn't worry too much about "sounding like shit when listening to actual music" because of the neutral signature. It might be odd at first, but later your ears/brain do get used to the neutral signature and all is good. Magni2 and Fulla2 are both neutral, which is proper.

I've got Magni2 Uber, and tried Fulla2 (will be getting it for using at work, at some point soon). I do use HD598, though. They're pretty neutral. Both are theorically more than able to drive HD600, but I'd suggest getting the fulla2 for three reasons.

1. It's Schiit's best performance/cost device.
2. It's small, portable, versatile and nifty as fuck, with the two usb (one for separate power if connected to a cellphone or such), the line-in, the 2 line-outs (with and without volume knob) and the pretty damn good output power for something usb-powered. So overall a generally way more useful device than the magni2.
3. It has a DAC. What this means in practice is that it'll sound the same (good) regardless of the digital source. This is important because computer outputs are generally absolute garbage. You'll be able to tell how much by comparing the line-in to usb.
>>
>>58865812
Thanks man
One more question. Will I notice a difference in sound quality between:
Computer -> amp -> headphones
or
Computer -> dac -> amp -> Headphones

More simply put, if I purchase a decent enough amp is a dac necessary?
>>
>>58865875
>>58865899
You just answered my second question, thank you!
>>
>>58865899
DAC isn't a device driving your headphones. Your setup is already computer -> DAC -> amplifier -> headphones. The difference here is that currently you don't use discrete components for the DAC and amplifier, they are embedded on the motherboard. Whatever headphones or amplifier you use does not dictate the need for a DA-converter.

Whether you will notice a difference is a relative question which is depends on how good the motherboard embedded codec is for driving headphones. I can't answer that. Chances are you wouldn't be noticing anything at all if you get the volume you need. And a listening test is a bad way to test anything anyway, aside from glaring issues with noise, interference or lack of one volume.

So no, don't get a DAC because you purchased a headphone or amplifier. Get a new DAC if you need what they can offer(low noise, lessened chance of interference, better connectivity, peace of mind) or if there's a problem.
>>
>>58865971
Thanks for clearing things up, I'm sort of in information overload right now. I'm upgrading from an old pair of HD448's that I just plug right into my computer and that's about where my knowledge stops.
>>
>>58865917

I ended up getting my Modi2 Uber after trying out the fulla2 (both directly and lineout connected to the magni2 for debug purposes).

Neither my "good" soundcard (xfi) nor onboard (with and without my motherboard's amp enabled) sounded anywhere as good as the fulla2. Both were clearly colored, and details were clearly missing. Details I couldn't hear before, when directly connected to the motherboard with its amp enabled, either.

So yeah, I strongly suggest the fulla2. The Modi2U+Magni2U stack does ultimately sound the same and cost way more.

(I ended up using computer's RCA spdif out to the modi, rather than usb, just to leave the USB input free to connect to any random device I have in the desk. The optical spdif in is connected to my PS3, which I'm playing Ar noSurge with.)
>>
I want an headphone that sounds like the HD650 but has faster, punchier bass
>>
>>58866132
I've found unanimously positive reviews on the Objective2+ODAC. How do you think that compares to the Fulla 2? I can pickup a used one around me for $200
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ni55nySuqO1qkdr2y.png (26KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ni55nySuqO1qkdr2y.png
26KB, 100x100px
>>58866307

It costs over twice as much as a fulla2 and nearly twice as much as a magni2. It is less versatile. It provides less power than a magni2. It's generally valued lower by reviewers who test both, too. And it gets even more expensive if you want a proper (big) headphone jack, rather than the tiny one. And want the power input in the back rather than the front.

Fulla2 is cheap in good part because schiit sells directly. (schiit.com).

I guess it is cool that ODAC/O2 is open hardware, but that's about it. I did go through the research stage a few months ago, and ended up with something I'm really happy with.

Oh, there's a fun story behind Schiit and ODAC/O2. See this link:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/701900/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up

That's more or less Schiit's story. The chapter covering NwAvGuy (ODAC/O2) is "Chapter 12: Schiit Goes Evil?".
>>
>>58866294
EQ

Bass doesn't get fast, it's by definition alow.
>>
>>58866434
The 712s have a much snapier bass
>>
>>58866439
Response is different.
>>
>>58865230
>>58865425
I currently have a samson meteorite, really unsatiafied with the sound quality, and it seems to pick up noise too easily. Others can clearly hear when I'm typing so I had to go back to push to talk.

But getting a better USB mic and an arm seems to be the way to go. I'm thinking about the Auna MIC 900.

Can someone recommend a decent desk arm?
>>
>>58866463
So any headphone with similar response to the 712 but everything else sounds tame like the HD650?
>>
>>58866416
That was a great read!
Schiit seems like a really wholesome, trustworthy company
>>
>>58866467
Everyone uses push to talk

Only retards who are inconsiderate use anything else
>>
>>58866526
Snappy, fast or punchy aren't exact definitions of bass. They are aberrations of the response but they lack more accurate definitions. Same for "tame". If you consider the response of K712 as something you want, then you can mimic that with a use of an equalizer on any headphone that has good enough extension such as the HD 650. Maybe the K712s are merely more enjoyable in that regard but could also be made better by a proper use of EQ?
>>
>>58866294
>faster
kek

have a look at X2
>>
>>58866751
I want 650s treble
>>
>>58866755
so have a look at X2?
Sure it has a bit less but it's a better option than getting bright headphones like K712
>>
File: 81PWQIT2jgL._SL1500_.jpg (163KB, 1276x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81PWQIT2jgL._SL1500_.jpg
163KB, 1276x1500px
>Budget
Couple hundred.

>Location
Belgium

>Source
Desktop PC

>Type of headphone
Over-ear

>Open or closed
Preferably open so my ears don't grease up.

>Comfort level
Enough for every day use.

>Sound signature
Casual music, youtube, and gaming.

>Past headphones
Sennheiser PC 350
and
Sennheiser PC 360

Both had horrible build quality (housing, padding, electronics, ... all went to shit quick)
>>
File: 354250?width=1024&height=768.jpg (39KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
354250?width=1024&height=768.jpg
39KB, 1024x768px
>>58866854
I was looking at pic related, Sony MDR-1A, but it's a closed-back design.
And I hate sweaty ears.
>>
>>58866804
>bright headphones like K712
It's not a bright headphone.

>>58866854
Do you need a headset or a headphone without a mic?

>>58865743
HyperX Cloud.

>>58862653
That looks like a complete mess.
>>
>>58866854
consider X2 with vmoda boompro
other good options are DT880/DT990 with a modmic or desk mic, but those will most likely need an amp

>>58865743
Oppo PM3

>>58866910
it's a 702 with slightly more treble
how is it not bright
>>
>>58866910
>Do you need a headset or a headphone without a mic?

I personally think they're convenient, but I don't want to limit my choices or compromise build/sound quality.

I'll probably get a good separate mic anyway.
>>
>>58866707
When I'm using in-game voice chat or playing with strangers sure, I use push to talk. But when I am just talking with friends while browsing or playing with a controller I don't want to/can't use push to talk.
>>
>>58866929
>those will most likely need an amp
Even on a desktop PC?
>>
>>58866969
I have a DT990 Pro 250 Ohm they are fine without an amp, even my phone can drive them.
>>
>>58866969
depends on your motherboard
>>
>>58866984
But of course with an amp you will get better sound, it is just not a requierment
>>
>>58866929
>it's a 702 with slightly more treble
It's actually a K7-series headphone with a broad bass boost. How is it bright? Go check up some measurements if you forgot.
>but those will most likely need an amp
Only if you get the higher impedance models. For the 32 Ohm definitely not.

>>58866946
Plenty of options then. The HD 558(or successors) are the cheapest ones I would recommend if you aren't bothered by the lack of mic. DT880 is a bright sounding option in that price range and DT990 is V-shaped. Philips manufactures the bassy X2. AKG and Sennheiser have models within that loose price range which are a little insensitive so you might have to get some kind of an amplifier for decent volume. HD 600 is fairly neutral, K702 is neutral-bright.

>>58867003
>But of course with an amp you will get better sound
Nope. Not unless the motherboard is just inadequate to drive headphones in the first place.
>>
>>58866854

HD598se.
>>
>>58867017
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AKGK712.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AKGK702.pdf

where exactly is the bass boos?
All I see is that the 702 has more sub bass. & 712 has a tiny bit more treble

are you mixing it up with 612 & 7xx, which are still bright but have a small bass boost as well

>getting 32 ohm model
>>
>>58867017
>HD 558
That looks like it has the same build quality as my PC360/350.
And they pretty much fell apart after a while.
>>
>>58866804
>so have a look at X2?
it has a peak around 9KHz/10KHz
>>
File: oh.jpg (29KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
29KB, 256x256px
>>58867064
I think you might have summoned snapheiser shitposters with that

>>58867115
>>
>>58867125
It's in the measurements
>>
Kind of a repost from /sqt/, but I am strongly considering buying
https://www.amazon.com/Optical-Audio-Switcher-Selector-Compatible/dp/B00RF8F212/ because I am annoyed with having to constantly unplug the Toslink cable running from my game consoles and media devices in order to move it to a different one when I want to connect it to my DAC's single optical input port. Is there any chance that this admittedly cheap piece of shit could degrade the signal in any way, or introduce a noticeable delay or something?

My assumption is that because it is a digital signal it can't be degraded like that (would either be there or not there at all) but if anyone wants to caution me otherwise before I waste my money on the thing + some extra cables now would be the time.
>>
>>58867164
Oh also if someone else has had this same problem and could recommend a different brand would be cool too, mostly picked this one because it was the only one I saw with a physical switch rather than handling it electronically (which I read can introduce delays)
>>
File: graphCompare.php.png (62KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
graphCompare.php.png
62KB, 1000x500px
>>58867056
http://goldenears.net/board/index.php?mid=GR_Headphones&page=13&document_srl=5372830
http://en.goldenears.net/8281

etc

It's in every measurement where they achieve seal with the K712 memory foam pads, the reason why K712 is usually the more bassy of the bunch.

>32 Ohm
Nothing wrong with it if you need higher sensitivity.
>>
>>58867064

The HD598 (which I own) are as new despite 2 years of heavy, daily use.

The golden rule is that headsets (no matter the brand. This includes the senn PCs) are crap.
>>
>>58867334
The k712s have amazing low end. They are not bright but the peaks around 2KHz, 7KHz and the huge dip around 3KHz boggles me. Other measurments show peaks starting at 4KHz and even some around 8KHz. I tried to EQ them but I could never git it right. The 650s are overall much smoother and linear in everything. Non fatiguing, very easy to listen to any kind of aggressive music. My only complain is the bass and it makes me miss the 712s a bit. Thankfully EQing the bass region is much easier than dealing with thousands of frequencies in the treble
>>
>>58867164
>https://www.amazon.com/Optical-Audio-Switcher-Selector-Compatible/dp/B00RF8F212/

Those one star reviews scare me away from it.
>>
>>58867436
I had 598s for several years until one day the cable got caught under my chair wheel, I stood up a bit too fast, and the whole thing snapped right in half.

Needless to say, I was heartbroken. Though some super glue patched them up for the short term and I still use them as backup headphones for when I'm traveling and don't want to bring a pair that I'd risk fucking up in transit.
>>
>>58867453
Yeah, that's a bit sketchy but I'm not seeing anyone saying it worked but made their stuff sound like shit or whatever, sounds like it just either works or doesn't work and if mine is dead on arrival it should be fairly easy to replace it via Amazon's return policy.
>>
>>58867334
>le funny different goldenears graphs meme
>>
>>58847845
How to run 1k headphones, german shepherd stinks like motherfuckers, whoever put these on the dogo is a braindead retard.
>>
>>58867468

The HD598 has detachable cable. It didn't detach, but rather break the connector? Ouch.
>>
>>58867494
If you can read the graphs you wouldn't have a problem with that.

>>58867441
>Thankfully EQing the bass region is much easier than dealing with thousands of frequencies in the treble
Yes. Off the top of my head for HD 650...

Preamp -6 dB
-4 dB @ 150 Hz Q 0.6 or even Q 0.5
+5 dB @ 20 Hz Q 0.7

Or so. Should be pretty nice with the warmth mostly gone and sub bass flat.
>>
>>58867546
Wasn't detachable when I bought it. The whole earpad on that side just snapped clean off.
>>
>>58867056
I'm fairly sure the K7XX and K712 drivers are identical.
>>
>>58867568
They are. Pads and baffle differ.
>>
>>58867555

Oh. I didn't realize they upgraded that.

Mine are brown (not the new HD598se, which is black) and from two years ago, but already have it detachable.
>>
Why are there no measurements for the new HD5X9 line?
>>
>>58867625
Nobody has sent them to reviewers. Kind of hoping Seeko or Speakerphone measures them. Their plots are good.
>>
>>58867647
I was hoping for tyll to have them by now since he measures everything
>>
>>58867574
They use the same pads too. As far as I know the 712 and 7XX perform identically, the 712 is just a more 'premium' product.
>>
>>58867696
They measure slightly different. The 7xx has just a tiny bit more low end and the peaks are slightly less strong
>>
File: 20170209_141530.jpg (4MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20170209_141530.jpg
4MB, 2976x2976px
Fidelios just arrived, i assume this isn't normal kek
>>
File: 20170209_142133.jpg (3MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20170209_142133.jpg
3MB, 2976x2976px
>>58867890
This was just rolling around in the box lmfao

How the fuck can you retards recommend these to anyone
>>
>tfw too poor for a TEAC UD-301
>>
>>58865614
The headphones are connected to a Sound Blaster Z. The same I used on my old z77 mobo with my old 970. It's literally the same sound card, but it has interferences now.
>>
Internet told me to buy superlux hd661 rate if i did a good thing
>>
>>58867890
'chinked again
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ni55qreKcO1qkdr2y.jpg (10KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ni55qreKcO1qkdr2y.jpg
10KB, 100x100px
>>58867966

I've finally come to terms with the idea that modern Sound Blasters are crap.

I have a bunch of audigy and xfi cards. Tried them all. My modi2u sounds better, like night and day.

If in doubt, get a fulla2. If not in doubt, get a fulla2 too. Yes, that thing is awesome.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ni55k81dMk1qkdr2y.jpg (10KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ni55k81dMk1qkdr2y.jpg
10KB, 100x100px
>>58867625
Too new, and nobody with a HD598 would buy them just to compare them.

The pricing is in an odd position, where it's worth it to just spend a little more and/or wait for a sale and get some HD6xx.
>>
>>58867890
>he fell for the meme
>>
>>58868125
Seems like it'd be in the same vein as buying a pair of SR-325es to replace my is
>>
>>58868104
I know you like the fulla2 but what you're not understanding (or refusing to) is that this sound blaster Z was working perfectly on my old motherboard, but it isn't now.

I suppose it's electrical interference but I've got literally 0 idea why.
>>
>>58867919
because they're good
>>
>>58867890
>>58867919
Pretty shit. They have been plagued by QC issues for a while now. That is something I haven't seen before.
>>
>>58866467
>Others can clearly hear when I'm typing
The key is to have the mic itself mounted onto something which doesn't share the same surface as your keyboard (like another desk or a shelf). If not, the mic will still most likely pick up the vibrations from your keyboard, even if you use a boom arm and/or shock mount.

Once you remove those vibrations, it's a lot easier to set the voice activation feature of your voice chatting software to a level where it can block out the typing sounds during the times when you are not talking (assuming that you'll be using a boom arm and have the mic properly positioned).

>it seems to pick up noise too easily
Most usb microphones are condenser microphones, which naturally are very sensitive. The target audience for such microphones are those who are doing home recording on an amateur level, or need a portable solution, and that you'll be in an environment where there is very little to no background noise.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ni55rbPFVP1qkdr2y.png (26KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ni55rbPFVP1qkdr2y.png
26KB, 100x100px
>>58868271
It was, probably. But your new system/board/whatever is more noisy, and apparently the SBZ electronic isolation isn't good enough to compensate for that.
>>
File: 419ITrfBh6L._SY300_.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
419ITrfBh6L._SY300_.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
I want to physically control the audio volume of the headphones on my PC with a knob, what should I buy? Preferably on the cheap side, as long as it works...
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ni53f8c3WC1qkdr2y.png (22KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ni53f8c3WC1qkdr2y.png
22KB, 100x100px
>>58868696
The Schiit Fulla 2, besides all the other awesomeness it does, has a really nice knob on it.

Yes, I know. I do seriously like and recommend the device.
>>
Stop avatarfagging you Umitard.

>>58868696
Any headphone amplifier should do. Passive preamps like Schiit Sys would work if you didn't need a headphone output.
>>
>>58868757

Looks really nice but for now Im just after a volume knob.

There has to be some better options than paying >20 USD for a Volbox on ebay...
>>
Budget
>$60-100
>US
>Closed ear
>Doesn't matter about comfort if it's cheaper

Previous headphones I've had are superlux hD 681 the ear cuffs are cracking and when the volume reaches a certain point it sounds like white noise
>>
>>58868972
if you liked 681, 7506
>>
>>58868757
>>58868696

Umi best girl.

As for the sys... while it's neat, it's also a big case with a small knob, really meant to stack with magni/modi.

It costs almost as much as a fulla, too. I'd go the extra mile and grab a fulla2:

Fulla2 can act as an amp-only (via line-in jack and headphone jack) and as a knob only (volume-affected line-out), on top of having a good dac and the volume-unaffected output. Also, its volume knob is huge and pleasant to use.
>>
questioni

whats a good, cheap mp3 player that supports micro sd card, and can drive my se215s
>>
What sort of headphone feature would favor ASMR listening? You know, make it more realistic.

Something like sound stage would be valid? I'm asking from the unknown, don't judge me please.
>>
>>58869612
You want something with fantastic imaging so you can hear every position the person is in, and you want crisp accurate sounds with NO spike in the highs.
Try something planar.
>>
>>58869459
Bought a lightly used 1st gen fiio x1 for $50 to use while I'm at work, hasn't caused me any problems as of yet. Supports up to a 128gb micro sd, at the least, and doesn't have any internal storage.

Though I don't know how it compares with other DAPs/mp3 players of the same category/price range, as this X1 is my first DAP in 12 years or so.
>>
>>58869642
Do you have any example? I am not actually interested in buying, just genuine curiosity.
>>
>>58869612
shp9500 would do really well I think
>>
>>58869459
Not the ruizu x2. I have one and the output impedance is insane, there is no bass in any headphone I use with it.
>>
>>58869683
Fiios are pretty good budget players as long as you don't mind the awful screen and the terrible playlist management. Easy to get past the last one with a combination of Foobar2000 and GrepWin, but the screen will always be shit.
>>
>Budget
$50 to $120, not scared of buying used either
>Location
USA
>Source
Laptop, phone
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Would prefer open or semi. Tried a friend's pair of m40xs and they gave me a headache, so I'm apprehensive about closed.
>Comfort level
Pretty comfy. The m40x fit well.
>Sound signature
Lil bit of bass is fine, as long as it isn't nigger bass.
>Past headphones?
Superlux HD 668b, current iems are Xiaomi hybrids. The superlux ones still work, but I'm looking for something more durable and better quality. The headband is getting kinda worn out.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1KB, 155x25px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1KB, 155x25px
Y tho?
>>
>>58870559
What?
>>
File: 1480794710833.jpg (346KB, 798x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1480794710833.jpg
346KB, 798x1200px
Guise, i'm not good with technology.

I desperately need a way to listen to music, and my crappy second hand steelseries headset isn't cutting it.

I want the proper stereo setup sound, how close can i get? Can i do it with a headphone+amp set? and do you have one you can recommend?

Doesn't have to be poorfag proof, i'm broke but i'll sell a kidney if it means getting music back...

pic unrelated
>>
>>58870559
> Implying there is anything wrong
Besides being a streaming cuck, as far as audio quality goes Spotify premium is great.
I dare you to take an ABX test spotify vs whatever 24bit flac meme
>>
>>58870584
3D feet are truly puerco asquroso
>>
>>58870584
mods
>>
>>58870628
You can't fug 2D, learn to love the horror that is the piggu corpus. If you can't have purity, then at least roll around in the filth.
>>
>>58870491
Philips SHP9500 sound like theyd fit you well
>>
File: IMG_20170121_222657.jpg (453KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170121_222657.jpg
453KB, 1280x720px
>>58863373
i do, what do you want to know?
just recently pulled the pads over the cups instead of fixing them with glue but haven't made a new pic yet
>>
File: 1390694863774.gif (102KB, 758x696px) Image search: [Google]
1390694863774.gif
102KB, 758x696px
What is the COMFIEST pair of headphones you've ever used?

They don't need to have perfect goldenears sound, they just have to be COMFY.
>>
>>58871689
SHP9500
>>
>>58871689
Either X2 or MDR-1A
>>
>>58871689
hd598's

Deep, oval shaped, velour, and angled pads.
They were even more comfortable than my dt770's
>>
File: 9219491.png (322KB, 655x436px) Image search: [Google]
9219491.png
322KB, 655x436px
>>58871689
>>
>>58871689
speakers
>>
>>58871689
ATH-AD700/900
>>
File: HD600_hires.jpg (165KB, 875x900px) Image search: [Google]
HD600_hires.jpg
165KB, 875x900px
I'm looking into getting a pair of HD 600's and I was wondering how much different or better they might sound than the 598cs. Anyone who's tried both, can you help me out? Would also appreciate recommendations for alternative headphones.
>>
what happened to the $3 meme mic? not going to spend 50 bucks on an overpriced modmic
>>
>>58871050
Nice man,
How comfy are they? And do they compress down on your head, as to minimize distance to the driver?
Also I can't find any measurements on the size of the earhole.
Plus it seems super soft, but I wonder if it's bad for keeping its shape over time.

Lots of questions, but these are $40 pads
>>
>>58871689
MDR V6 with DT250 pads.
Plus that cord that lets me walk around my whole room.
>>
>>58871689
HM5. Feels tight at first, but at some point you get used to it and then it's just perfect.
>>
are k712's considered "dark"? What is their sound signature considered
>>
>Budget
300€

>Location
EU

>Source
e10k

>Type of headphone
full-sized

>Open or closed
Either (most likely closed)

>Comfort level
Sound over comfort

>Sound signature
Bassy, good extension, not V shaped

>Past headphones
HD650
>>
>>58872167
they are comfier than the vanilla pads of the HD600 and that means something
they are just a tad deeper but the earhole is way bigger, the foam isn't too soft so no worries about that
they also feel super quality, like the seats of a very expensive car
i'm sorry this sounds like an ad but i just love these pads
>>
>>58872093
Two orders of magnitude.

Open > Closed, making the CS shit in even in the HD5xx series.

And the HD600 series are a massive step over the HD5xx.
>>
>>58872604
k712's for "bassy". Vmoda m100's for nigga bass
>>
>>58872631
Whoa, thanks for the info. Gonna find a good deal on a pair now.
>>
>>58872637
>k712's for "bassy".
I've owned those in the past. Couldn't handle the treble
>>
>>58872302
bright
>>
>>58872604
pm3
>>
>>58873028
That's 400€
>>
>>58873058
well rip you
get hm5 then I guess
>>
>>58873102
hm5's are, like, 100-120 euro
>>
>>58873010
>bright
but I thought they have a slight bass boost? So they're technically v shaped?
>>
>>58871689
SR-007
>>
>>58873145
WELL TOUGH SHIT NIGGER GET PM3
>>
>>58873155
>So they're technically v shaped?
Not necesserely. They have nasty treble peaks and are overall aggressive in the treble. Tracks like Billy Jeans are deffinitely not easy to listen to on those - at least for me
>>
>>58871689
ath-m50x
>>
>>58871689
HD 800
>>
>>58872622
Do you mind taking more shots? They really do seem like luxury pads, up there with cowhide.
Ever have a problem with your ears rubbing the inside? And do you wear glasses?
>>
>>58873391
hm I thought they were mostly neutral except a slight bass boost
>>
>Budget
Around £70
>Location
UK
>Source
PC
>Type of headphone
Full-sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Doesn't matter
>Sound signature
I don't think this matters, since I don't know much about music/sound in general
>Past headphones
Had a pair of Axent Wear for about 2 years, broke a few minutes ago and now I'm using a pair of old ass g430, possibly moldy
>>
>>58874956
too little to go off
what music do you listen to
will you use it for gaming/movies or mainly music
>>
>>58873444
This Anon has the correct answer.
>>
>>58871689
hd558
>>
>>58872093
i tried 598 (open) vs 650 and 650s were noticebly better in everything except soundstage
>>
>>58873613
Will do when i arrive at home, then you can also take a closer look on the shitty paint job, my brother did that in a dark basement
>>
New bread:
>>58875948
>>58875948
>>58875948
>>
>>58850921

i watched a documentary on the sound production that went into starwars episode 6 and the tech was using these headphones.

i own them, i can say this though. they're quiet. you might want something with a bit of gain.
>>
>>58867997
Pads are shit, cable is quite microphonic, and they're overall quite bright, but otherwise they're pretty detailed, and have decent soundstage and imaging.
>>
>>58871689
HD600's after bending the headband are up there,
but man LCD2's with vegan pads are phenomenal until the weight gets to you. Great for a couple hours but unless youve got a strong neck they get kinda heavy after a while.

HD800's are also great but their cup shape just feels kinda funky. I imagine it'd be great once you get used to it.

tho really speakers are by far the best
>>
>>58872302
No, warm with some treble peaks. If youre sensitive to those peaks you may feel they're bright.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.