[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get Lynda subscription >realise that I can use it to finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1480399648629.jpg (59KB, 728x410px) Image search: [Google]
1480399648629.jpg
59KB, 728x410px
>get Lynda subscription
>realise that I can use it to finally figure out a problem with matrices in WebGL
>check out WebGL tutorial
>it's 95% HTML with a brief overview of WebGL
>check out OpenGL tutorial
>uses a matrix library which has special constructors made for 3D graphics, so I can learn nothing from it
>try to complain about this
>no way to leave a comment, wants you to fill out a survey instead
>check out Vulkan tutorial
>there isn't one
>try complaining about the lack of information to Lynda
>"Contact Us" page leads to a help centre because "The customer is always dumb"
Why is it always so impossible to find useful, unabridged information for 3D graphics?
Lynda is the only site where I've found tutorials to be consistently thorough in their coverage of a topic, and even with Lynda there isn't the necessary information to create a mathematically sensible, efficiently running (passing three different matrices into the vertex shader isn't efficient, nor is doing calculations that can be done per frame per object instead) matrix transformation.
>>
>he pays for tutorials
>>
Basically, the field of 3D graphics software is full of people who learned by scraping together the information that came before them.

Nobody has the full picture, but everyone thinks they does.
Anyone who actually knows their shit isn't going to give out their secrets for free.
That's why all GL tutorials are terrible, and even the officially sanctioned khronos group red and blue OpenGL books.
>>
>>58843517
That's why I'm trying to make my WebGL engine as pure and simple as possible.
The problem is, it's nearly impossible to find information on how to create a transformation matrix with no libraries, and only one matrix going into the vertex shader.

I made an attempt, but although it works fine orthographically and looks mostly right as perspective it has two problems: things layer incorrectly, and vertices can do unexpected things as they pass offscreen.

It's frustrating, because I'd pretty much be able to declare the renderer "done" if I could just fix those tiny issues.
>>
Yeah I'm on my brother's employee account on Lynda it really is garbage tier instructionals. So glad I never paid for this shit. Every instructional is 6+ hours long. Takes 45 minutes to explain loops. Glosses over everything not basic.

EVERY FUCKING INSTRUCTOR USES MAC. Then you realize they're owned by LinkedIn, who is owned by Microsoft.

No they're putting up guitar instructionals. Not to mention you have to bend over backwards to use the search feature. Only a single page will tell you when the video was uploaded and you can't fucking get there from anywhere once you start the video, unless you re-search for the video.

Good luck with that piece of shit search feature...
>>
>>58843440
picture not related, ofc
>>
>>58843440
>get lynda subscription
>plan on downloading videos to watch in free time
>requires drm software with no linux version
>webplayer needs flash
any alternatives that let me download mp4 or something?
>>
>>58843968
Can you use download helper? And could they figure out that you're using it and ban the account?
>>
There's lots of info out there on how to make a 3d engine, you just have to find it. Sometimes you may find a nice article or book which explains wtf is going on, other times you have to find some code which works and figure it out yourself.

Matrices can be a PITA, though at least on a conceptual level they're not that difficult to figure out.
>>
>>58843440

lynda.com is fucking stupid

you fucked up. Dumbass. Haven't you tried googling whatever question you have?
>>
>>58843968
>>58844368

You can download Lynda videos in DRM-free form if you don't go to Lynda for them. There seem to be plenty of torrents available.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.