[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you using Facebook, anon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 15

File: zuckthecuck.jpg (92KB, 744x478px) Image search: [Google]
zuckthecuck.jpg
92KB, 744x478px
>>
>>58841285
I am.

So much for the alleged data mining, couldn't even figure out I was using it.
>>
>>58841285
It's all about people posting pics of their food, love and friendship cringe messages, and muh feels and other retard shit.
>>
>>58841285
I have something to hide
>>
>>58841285
Well for one I don't know or care to know people outside of work and family. Neither of which I need Facebook for.
>>
>>58841369
>food, love, friendship and feelings
>literally everything that is life except sleep
>"retard shit"

How's the NEET life treating ya?
>>
I don't want people to know I'm a loser.
>>
>>58841387
how do you know

;_;
>>
Because i have no reason to use it?
>>
>>58841285
I had one just to stalk old school friends but then I accidentally liked something and got so scared that I'm pretty sure I developed combat shock.
>>
>>58841285
No one wants to talk with me anymore.
>>
>>58841285
I deleted it because it went to bullshit, before 2014 it was pretty fucking good
>>
It's boring. Back some years ago people used to post interesting content about their lives but now is just filled with stupid memes and ads for every word you put into chat.

Not to mention the whole botnet and NSA thing of course.
>>
>>58841285
lol, zuck looks so sad and old.
>>
I don't have any friends, family, or people I need to make regular informal contact with, so I never made an account.
>>
>>58841731
You need Facebook in order to have friends?
That's sad anon. Are you one of those paralyzed people who can't go on walks and into the city with friends?
>>
>>58841823
>You need Facebook in order to have friends?
No, I don't have friends or facebook.
>>
>>58841851
Don't worry anon. Go to /lgbt/ and you will make plenty of friends.
>>
>>58841731
I made an account to give a like on the THQ page and get a free copy of Metro 2033 on steam back in the day.
>>
>>58841686
you would look even worse than him if you actually understood the type of shit that goes on behind the scenes
>tfw know how much foreign and domestic bodies spy on you
>try to minimize it because you're worth millions (or billions now idk)
>buy out a messaging service and secure it mostly for your own personal use
>buy out a VR company because you want them anime titties because your asian wife is a prude like most asian cunts
>get a bunch of neets making fun of you constantly
*shrugs*
>>
File: 1481253186042.jpg (82KB, 599x675px) Image search: [Google]
1481253186042.jpg
82KB, 599x675px
>>58841285
I have secret identity.
>>
>>58841285
I am. PixivAccessDummy314
>>
>>58841285
I do though, for development reasons. It's all under false information and I only make posts when I'm testing things out. I wish that their API wasn't as convoluted as it is or limited to JS.
>>
>>58841909
I know. I just found it funny how it all shows on his face.
>>
>>58841285
Only use it for Messenger, don't remember the last time I actually opened the site desu
>>
>>58841285
I am using it.
Lots of my friends are there, that's why.
Otherwise its just autismo hive.
ALl my presence on facebook is just focusing on not postic autistic egoist posts on my profile.
Winning as for now.
>>
>>58841285
Full of shills shilling and white knights being faggots for roasties. Go on to laugh at how pathetic the cunts are when I'm bored.
>>
>>58841369

This. Content is shit because everyone in there only posts shit. That's why I've left kikebook
>>
>>58841285
>Willingly becoming a cash cow for Fuckerberg and his advertisers

Nah
>>
I've gotten a lot of pussy thanks to facebook.
>>
>>58841285
i dont have any friends now and dont want my old friends to find me
>>
>>58841285

1. because I hate how it makes me feel when I see other people's achievements

2. because I always hated how little control it gives you over sharing the steps you take on the page

3. because their boss is ugly
>>
>>58841387
Great.
>>
>>58841285
I sort of am. Deleted my real account and created a fake one with no friends, I just follow pages
>>
Love
>Group messenger
>Contact list for casual aquantences and family which I can access from any device; phone numbers not needed
>Event planning

Hate
>Everything else
The newsfeed, the horrible low quality photos, the shitty ads, even worse normie memes and quarter baked political opinions. I'd delete Facebook entirely if it wouldn't be social suicide without events and messenger
>>
>>58844576
The tv show shitposting pages are a million times better than /tv/
>>
>>58845389
>his friends are so shitty they can't send him a text when they want to invite him somewhere
>>
Why would I use it? What does it offer the average /g/uy?
>>
I have a fake one which I use to stalk people that I meet in real life. I gather information about them, get to know as much as possible about them. Then, in real life, I use this information to play around with them. People are retarded to put so much information about themselves, publicly. I do this once every two weeks.
>>
Because there is literally no reason for me to use it.
>>
>>58841285
He looks overworked and super tired in all the footage i've seen of him.
>>
>>58841369
this and those fuckers who discuss politics with stupid comics, blaming the system how they are poor and stupid, when they spend all day not doing shit.
>>
I hate seeing the success of my old friends
>>
>>58845405
It's called parties you dumbass
>>
>>58841285
Its all just memes that overly simplified complicated issues and ads.
>>
It just... Sucks. I don't know how else to say it, frankly.

It also forces you to be fake. It's like you're supposed to pretend to be something that you're not. And on top of that... I have family that has it and it's like that South Park episode. They get mad if I don't like their status or something and then you have to add everyone... It's just stupid.

On top of this, the design of the website itself is stupid. Not only is my feed awful as it is but they decide to ruin it with more trash. Yes, I know AdBlocking and all that, but it's still bad.

Their application is awful too. It's just a rebranded web browser but it's dumb. And why does it always have updates and so high of a version? It's like on version 400 right now. For example, let's say you go to change a setting on your account. You toggle it, but then how do you get back? You press the back button, but it takes you back to the option which resets your whole thing. You have to exit the application to get back to home. Or I believe you can swipe now too. It makes no sense. I assume because it's just a web browser rebraned.

It's just pointless. What I do love about it is the profile aspect. I set it to Only Me and I use it to record my life history. Not much to record, but it's fun to mess around. You can have a nice timeline of your life events and I like it honestly but it's not worth it.

I really love Instagram because I consume content. Twitter is already if you want a bit of interaction but it's mostly a platform for public figures to use to send out messages to their minions.
>>
Because I really dislike the kike in charge.
>>
>>58845925
That's the primary reason why facebook is so fucking awful to use. I see zero appeal in posting a compressed-to-hell image of obama/trump with some epic maymay text on it trying to be scathing.

If facebook found a way to ban that shit, quality would instantly increase.
>>
>>58845959
This and I want people to leave me alone.

Graduated college, people still message me and want to stay in contact. Ask me where I've gone when I haven't been on FB for 2 weeks and I'm just enjoying life or wallowing in my own misery.

Fuck off, people. Let me go ghost. Let me be forgotten.
>>
>>58845869
his infant daughter has been ruining his sleep for the past few months
>>
>normie shit
no thanks
>>
>>58841285
>more assholes selling my data
>more uninteresting people stalking me
nothing to hide, lot to fear
>>
>>58841285
I am and I hate it but it's everyone I know refuses to use anything other than Messenger due to familiarity

They're scared of change so they refuse.
>>
>>58841369
one upmanship
>>
>>58841285
gmail has everything I need
why bother with the silly memes/pictures etc
>>
>>58846772
That's possible. Extremely easy, in fact, but Facebook would lose all of their userbase if they did it. For a social media website such as Facebook this is easy to do.

In fact, they've already done lots of this in the past, but it was to be able to find out who is in the picture via machine learning. Creepy Jewish bullshit.

>>58846903
>They're scared of change so they refuse.
Find better people to be friends with. I say this as honestly as possible. It's a bigger deal than you might think. I've had friends that were like that. It never goes well for anyone. Having open minded friends is MUCH better. They're just better human beings to be around too from my experience.
>>
File: 1442361083385.jpg (65KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1442361083385.jpg
65KB, 500x750px
>>58841285
I've never signed up for it. I knew back in 2005 it was cancer.
>>
>>58841863

We aren't currently accepting applications for that kind of faggot retard so sadly neither of you are allowed in. Best of luck.
>>
File: Feels good man.jpg (55KB, 330x357px) Image search: [Google]
Feels good man.jpg
55KB, 330x357px
>>58841285
>mfw I deleted my facebook and twitter yesterday
>>
>>58847017
I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing, but I don't want people to sperg out and start calling me on my cell phone yelling:

>ARE YOU OKAY? WHY DID YOU DELETE YOUR FB?

At this point, just not logging on is the best bet.
>>
It's boring
I'd rather do something else
The UI is ugly
It's lame AF and for grandmas and autistic high schoolers
Datamining
>>
>>58847017
you're a neet anyways and will always be so, good on u anon!
>>
>>58841387
>food is a highlight of your life.

Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>58847115
It is for fatties. For fatties, a hamburger looks just as good as a line of 92% fishscale coke.
>>
I have no desire to have a centralized, public profile of myself anywhere on the Internet.
>>
File: 1439484138103.jpg (14KB, 473x357px) Image search: [Google]
1439484138103.jpg
14KB, 473x357px
>>58841285
I'll be honest, I wish I used facebook more. I realized I actually LIKE the way you can interact with people on Netflix.

You can divide your "friends list" into social circles so you can control who sees which of your posts, which is fucking great. I wish other social sites did this. I want to be able to make dumb jokes with my friends without worrying about my boss/cousins/extended family seeing it, but on websites like twitter it's all or nothing.

Facebook still strongly encourages "real" avatars and names, which cuts down tremendously on the shitposting you get everywhere else.

They equally support long-form and short-form posts, images, and video with the same interface which is really convenient.

Honestly, the shittiest part is the funniest. None of the people I talk to will actually use Facebook. So I have to use a combination of IRC (anime, programming, etc.), MMS/SMS (personal friends), Twitter (randoms and some friends), Facebook (family). 4chan (us) etc. to keep in contact with all of the people I talk to. None of the other methods let me neatly divide up the people I know and talk to them like I really would in their own contexts like Facebook do, which is really the only thing I want from a social network.
>>
>>58847166
>Netflix
whoops, Facebook. I dunno where that came from.
>>
>>58847166
>I realized I actually LIKE the way you can interact with people on Google Plus(?).
Me too. At first I thought it was a stupid meme, but I actually like it a lot. It's more mature too. Facebook is such a cluster fuck now that it's not even funny. There are some things about the design that I don't like, but it's not bad when you consider how convenient and advanced it is compared to Facebook.

Too bad everyone I know hates it and doesn't even have it even though there are more Google accounts than Facebook accounts.
>>
>>58847179
>I dunno where that came from.
Please don't give them any ideas. I know Netflix devs would probably cum at the idea of making their service a shithole for social media.

>Mom wants to watch Pretty Girls with you. Accept? (Yes/No)
>No
>WHY WON'T YOU WATCH THIS WITH ME, HONEY?
>>
>>58847200
The big problem with G+ is that it was tackling an issue that didn't exist. When Facebook came around, Myspace was a clusterfuck and needed new design. It was becoming stagnant and had already hit its prime.

If G+ came around now and did some innovative things with social media, I'm sure it would have had more success. Maybe if they spread its integration better than forcing it on Youtube users.
>>
>>58847200
Yeah, G+ has circles, but it's got a fucking weird interface and just like with Facebook, nobody I actually talk to uses it.
>>
data collection and information selling, manipulation of feeds
>>
All I get are boring conversations with people I fucking hate.

I haven't looked at it in months.
I guess technically I have a bitlbee instance that is currently connected to Facebook Messenger.
>>
>want to join weeaboo groups to talk about anime but hopefully with less shitposting than 4chan but more personality than irc
>too afraid of people I know IRL seeing me join them and trying to see what I post or asking me about it
>already sure that it's just going to be 16 year olds in anime club and way too cringey for me anyway
>still want to do it
>>
>>58841285
opsec. Pretty much guaranteed to be doxed if you use it legitimately

If I got photos to share, I upload them to my NAS and send my family the link. Fuck zuckerkike
>>
>>58847391
exactly this is why im not using fb
i dont get why anyone even bothers worrieing bout botnets when theyre making their life completely public by using fb
>>
File: 1473646503279.jpg (81KB, 771x681px) Image search: [Google]
1473646503279.jpg
81KB, 771x681px
>>58841285
The amount of info I've uncovered about total strangers by simply googling their name and visiting facebook links is a bit horrifying. And it's not like I have friends anyway, you know, seeing as I'm posting with the rest of you losers.
>>
It's basically normie 4chan
>haha memes!! xDD
>>
>>58847391

If you want to find some not-shit anime communities, try going to a specific anime subreddit and seeing if they have a Discord server. For example the K-On! subreddit made a Discord server, it's got a decent amount of people in there and while K-On! related you can talk about any other shows.
>>
>>58841285
because it's run by lefto-communist jews
>>
Because fuck you and your society.
>>
>>58847849
Thanks for the suggestion. Still, it would be nice to be able to finally consolidate all of my friend groups into one location and separate them with private groupings instead of stretching myself over multiple sites and services like Discord. I'll try it out though.
>>
Even reddit is better than complete cancerous Facebook
>>
>>58847762
They have nobody to blame but themselves. Facebook practically shoves its privacy settings in your face now with notifications (some full-screen until you click out). Privacy gets its own little button on the dashboard/homescreen too, they don't have it "hidden" with the other settings the average tech-illiterate soccer mom never checks.
>>
>>58841285
because i'm a conservative
>>
>>58841285
Gee OP let me think of all the reasons why

>Log into facebook
>See a bunch of shitposts on my feed about political bullshit with normies arguing about donald trump
>Meanwhile every other post is an ad or buzzfeed clickbait article or a stupid chick attention-whoring and getting 100 likes for posting a picture of herself in a swimsuit
>Look in sidebar
>It's also filled with fucking ads
>See "suggested friends"
>It asks me to add several of my ex-gfs who I hate and never want to see again, no idea how it knows I even know who they are
>Click on settings to try to block them
>Get a notification about how I need to add more photos and my address and email and phone number and all kinds of other personal information because it will "improve my experience"
>Just say fuck it and post a small update about a movie I saw earlier, maybe someone will reply with something intellectually stimulating
>0 likes, 0 comments

For a while I was blaming myself for having shitty friends, but then I realized no, it's not my fault, facebook is literally made for retards by retards.
>>
>>58841285

it used to be actual people posting shit, now it's just "retweets" of fake news (CNN, NYTimes, WaPo etc). Actual people doesn't post anything anymore. It's like they have facebook just to follow companies and music celebrities to get the latest updates from them.
>>
File: Screenshot (51).png (411KB, 1685x885px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (51).png
411KB, 1685x885px
>>58848335
Here's what I see when I log in. There's some political shitposting but I just unfollowed the guy, so we're still friends but I no longer see the videos or links he shares unless I visit his profile. I dunno, dude. In terms of general aesthetic it looks pretty clean and functional to me. Not seeing posts by dumb people is easy, you just click hide or unfollow.
>>
>>58841285
If you let me browse the page and search on Facebook, stop nagging me to login, I will use it.
But now, you can suck my cock you-must-login-to-everything-fag.
>>
>>58848335
Know the feeling. I'm so done with failbook. The amount of virtue signalling and normie tier political bullshit people put up is aids. Haven't logged on in a few days and my mood has improved immensely.
>>
>>58848459
If I click hide and unfollow on everyone that posted annoying shit then I would have an empty feed. So rather than do that I just deleted it, because the end result is the same: I don't have to see bullshit on my feed.

The core of the issue is that Facebook is literally not designed for meaningful conversation. It's also impossible for it to be because of the scale they are trying to operate at.
>>
>>58848335
>Log into 4chan pass
>See a bunch of shitposts on first page about political bullshit with normies arguing about donald trump and russian hackers
>Meanwhile every other post is an ad or micrpshill clickbait thread or a stupid chick(male) attention-whoring and getting 100 likes for posting a picture of herself in a striped stockings
>Look at the banners
>It's also filled with fucking gookmoot ads
>See "Catalog"
>It loads several of microshit shill and phoneposter threads, also a "thinkpadmasterrace" who I hate and never want to see again, no idea how it knows I even know why they are so popular
>Click on 4chanx to try to hide them
>Get a malware pop-up notification about how I need to have and antivirus scan even so i run gnu/linux system
>I start regretting for not updating adblock's list before going to this site
>Just say fuck it and post a small thread about cool technology I saw earlier, maybe someone will reply with something intellectually stimulating
>0 images, 0 replies, 0 posters
>>
>>58841285
jews are so ugly. Like demons in human form
>>
File: 176721_800.jpg (189KB, 800x630px) Image search: [Google]
176721_800.jpg
189KB, 800x630px
>>58841285
Gee, niggers. Register on VK already, it has like 150 different interface languages, has quality russian memes and lots of english-speaking communities or just public pages with images-music only. VK does not compress your photos like a fucking jackal and has function to upload pngs and virtually every type of file like txts, pdfs and so on. It has tons 320kb/s mp3s of indie music there for free, every genre, full hd porn and movies without dmca bullshit.
Why don't you have a vk accout yet?
>>
File: 1480054092045.jpg (58KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1480054092045.jpg
58KB, 720x405px
>>58848927
Timelines are just for sharing stuff in the style of Instagram/Twitter/etc. There are groups and other long-form discussion options. They have a kind of long-form blogging method called Notes too. It's up to you though, I'm not telling you that you SHOULD use facebook. I like it a lot as a platform personally, although I also don't have any interest in interacting with the people on it since it's mostly family members and other tech-illiterate. I don't think that's the platform's fault though.
>>
File: screen NHK.jpg (86KB, 493x280px) Image search: [Google]
screen NHK.jpg
86KB, 493x280px
i get an anxiety attack whenever i think of logging in
>>
>>58841285
because it isn't 2003 anymore
facebook is the new yellow pages, except you voluntarily put your information and more on it
fuck that shit
>>
>>58849031
vk is a lot better, i use vk to talk with russian bantsmasters but dont use facebook at all

you forgot the best part of vk - you arent going to find people you know in real life on it, so there goes the #1 downside of facebook
>>
>>58848984
This place is also trash but at least we can post a picture of a dick and use fake names and call people CIA niggers without being banned and reported.

>>58849209
Yes, it is. That is their audience, they designed it for them.
>>
>>58841285
HAHAHAHAHAHA
No.

>Why arent you using myspace anon
>Why arent you using MSN anon
>Why arent you using facebook anon

Every iteration more normies
>>
>>58841285
>be me
>just finished highschool
>decide to clean up my friends list and reduce it to people I talk to
>this goes over the course of a few days because I am busy
>went from 400 friends to 34
>Start getting advertisements from facebook for free online therapy

Yes fuck zuckerberg
>>
>>58847017
Did it 4 years ago myself. I keep in touch with friends via phone, steam and discord anyway so it works out. Facebook is a travesty which I could only see messenger as the only useful feature.
>>
File: 1484279589159.png (343KB, 671x1047px) Image search: [Google]
1484279589159.png
343KB, 671x1047px
I do. It's one of my very few and only way/s of interacting online with Pokémon TCG and Pokémon TCG Online users and players on/in through Facebook groups. It's a crowd as big as Pokémon's video game playerbase and communities, though, it's a much smaller crowd fared to the video game communities.
>>
>>58841285
I do, but only to maintain a "presence" online to look good for business people.

Reasons why Facebook should just fucking die already:
>tracking/botnet shit
>"Recommended Content" is basically subliminal advertising disguised as viral content
>shitty memes that get regurgitated every 2-3 years
>boomers treat any major comments section as an open season on shitposing and arguing, makes /pol/ seem like heaven
>millennials post selfies, pet photos, and other idiocies (makes me wonder if we're becoming the new boomers)
>exes and bad parts of your extended family (we all have them) have a direct line to you and will attempt to make your life miserable if you dare to ignore or block them
>groups basically form echo chambers, niche categories are quickly drowned out of individual thought to become shilling arenas for the latest viral topic
>too many automated scripts running everything (no content/comment moderation, boilerplate support responses, and general UI/UX blandness)
>messenger is just the latest IM client that everyone happens to be using, no real differentiating functionality between those that came before it
>they're operating at a loss because their core product (FB pages) is free and can be integrated with other ad targeting solutions outside of FB if needed
>>
>>58848459
Not him, but I have a similar feed. The only way to clean it up like that was to install a Chrome extension.

Yes, I said clean up. Normally, it's 1000x worse with app ads every 1-2 posts.
>>
>>58849031
>russian facebook
Oh yeah, Facebook is mostly a US thing still.

WE CAN STILL KILL IT GUISE!
>>
Because I don't want to.
>>
>>58841285
1. http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/19/mark-zuckerberg-suing-hawaiians-to-force-property-sale.html
2. http://www.zdnet.com/article/facebook-turns-user-tracking-bug-into-data-mining-feature-for-advertisers/
3. Finally, making a room for creative thought instead of clogging the mind with fragmented information
>>
>>58841285
I deleted my Facebook because people i worked with became my friends, then became my boss. Now whenever I'd post something that wasn't sucking the lefts cock I'd basically earn no points with the people in charge of my money. If i unfriend them it counts against me because people take facebook too seriously.

Realized i used facebook as a public journal to broadcast my opinions and thoughts and shit that i lined and realized either no one cared or hated what i had to say.

So why keep it? Didn't give a fuck about any of these people to begin with. People told me to get face book, people requested my friendship, and wasn't happy with who i was and pressured me into changing for them when i did nothing of the sort in return.

Been nothing but unnecessary drama. If this is what having "friends" is then count me out. The less i see if these people the better.
>>
>>58841285
I am. I just use it for the messenger. I visit the actual site maybe twice a month.
>>
>>58849760
>buys 700 acres
>sues hundreds of people for an additional eight
Jesus Christ
>>
I used to use it back in school 6years ago but it slowly became unusuable for me

A lot of the changes they made seemed kinda backwards and it only got more frustrating to navigate through and change settings etc.

Not to mention I don't have friends anymore
>>
>>58841430
Along with muh freedom, this
>>
>>58847115
Normal people go home and have nice dinners with their families. It's a gathering point and has significant social value.

How sad you are for eating hot pockets alone in your mother's basement in front of the computer and posting angry posts on 4chan.

>>58847128
See above.
>>
>>58841285
Well let's see...

>I don't want to be spied on
>Facebook is getting far too powerful and should be killed while we can, like how they can call anything "fake news" AND kill said website because they control its revenue through ads
>it's some attention-whoring bullshit anyway that serves no purpose, if I want to talk to people I'd rather go to 4chan
>I actually regularly get arrested and illegally detained for bogus reasons and I don't want anyone knowing more about me than they should, nor finding on my account some good reason to cause actual trouble
>>
>>58849901
>doesn't want to be spied on
>posts on 4chan /g/ using Google captchas that use session cookies to track you on every site you go to
>>
>>58849921
>he allows Google's tracking cookies
>>
>>58849934
>paying a japanese jew to shitpost
>>
>>58849939
Where did I say anything about buying a 4chan pass?
>>
>>58849921
You don't know shit about my opsec. But I will give you a hint: I'm using stylography tools to anonymize my posts.
>>
>>58849948
So you do use the botnet tracking cookies then.

Without blocking the entire captcha field and the various ads, I don't see how you can avoid the cookies. The captcha is literally using session cookies to google.
>>
>>58849968
See >>58849970
>>
>>58849970
No I don't.
>>
>>58849979
>i'm not using recaptcha
>i'm not using a 4chan pass
Are you admitting to be a mod? Reported
>>
>>58849988
I never said I don't use recaptcha, you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>58849970
>The captcha is literally using session cookies to google.
The modern catpcha only does this. The old captcha uses POST.
>>
>>58850005
>recaptcha isn't using google session cookies and literally sending AJAX requests to google servers

Oh my god you are stupid.
>>
>>58850015
See >>58850020

You are fucking retarded. You are sending a request to Google severs and you get a session cookie back which 4chan uses to authenticate that you passed the reCAPTCHA. It's the same functionality for both old and new-style captchas.
>>
>>58850020
My browser's configured to only accept cookies from the site I visit. Given I'm on 4chan.org and the captcha is coming from some Google domain, no cookie is ever stored.

You're the stupid one, you fucking twat.
>>
>>58850026
I'm not sure you understand what you're saying. But then let's get one step further: how is this tracking me?
>>
>>58841285
shit content
i have no friends
i dont want to support the satanic conspiracy that is behind facebook and using it to control and monitor the population
>>
>>5885003
Show the network traffic monitor in your browser, and behold the requests that are fired off to Google. More specifically, this URL: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js
>>
>>58850070
Was meant for >>58850036

>>58850056
You're sending a request to Google's server obtaining a cookie with an authentication string valid for 4chan only. You then post this to 4chan servers, 4chan servers check with Google servers if said string is a valid identifier.

The request to Google contains your IP address and might contain browser information (in the form of user-agent) too, unless you explicitly block that.
>>
>>58841285
I am not a faggot
>>
>>58850070
>Show the network traffic monitor in your browser, and behold the requests that are fired off to Google
Regardless of network traffic, if I'm on 4chan.org and the cookie isn't from 4chan.org, it's rejected.
>>
>>58850125
>if I'm on 4chan.org and the cookie isn't from 4chan.org, it's rejected.
No, it isn't, because the HTTP response from 4chan contains the Access-Control-Allow-Origin: header explicitly allowing the Google captcha subdomain, and this overrides whatever browser setting you have.

For fuck's sake, just look at the HTTP headers from 4chan.
>>
>>58850125
Cookies were a mistake...
>>
>>58850147
Whatever you say, kiddo.
>>
>>58850070
>>58850087
>valid for 4chan only
this is where you are wrong. 4chan doesn't provide the challenges, YOU query the service to get one. Google is a complete third party, there is no interaction between you and 4chan to agree on it.

1. You call Google, tell him "hey Google, give me a challenge!"
2. You find the answer.
3. You send 4chan the challenge and its answer.
4. 4chan answers the challenge to Google with the answer you gave.
5. Challenge is positive, you can post.

Any JSONP, CORS, XMLHttpRequest... is blocked. Sp are cookies. I'm seeing zero traffic with Google past the catpcha obtention. I can even reroute my Google requests, so I can get the captcha and post from two different IPs. Before posting on 4chan, Google doesn't know who I asked a challenge for, 4chan doesn't know what challenge I got, and it's only figured out the moment 4chan servers complete the challenge.

Google can only link an IP to 4chan activity, and that's it. And I can control that. How is this tracking me now?
>>
>>58850175
>Google can only link an IP to 4chan activity
And user-agent

And time-information

>How is this tracking me now?
You understand that this is literally what tracking is, right?
>>
>>58850175
>4chan doesn't provide the challenges
That's literally what I said. You query Google for string valid for boards.4chan.org, Google responds. You send magic string to 4chan. 4chan queries Google.
>>
>>58841285
I had one for a while but ended up deleting it because I never posted anything, and I wasn't interested in other people's lives. I have a small group of friends, so Whatsapp is enough to keep in touch with them.
>>
>>58850208
>And user-agent
Which is why you use multiple common signatures?
>And time-information
Out of all the posts sent on 4chan every second you can't figure it out.
>You understand that this is literally what tracking is, right?
Yes, but how exactly? What information can be figured out? That is the important thing anon. If they know you do something but not "what", it's pointless.

>>58850208
So they know I'm active on 4chan from some IP address. Big deal. That would work if I was browsing 4chan from any IP tied to me.

As I said, you don't shit about my opsec, don't attempt to judge, and don't brag like you're so smart and everyone on the internet is retarded about security.
>>
>>58850277
>Google knows that I'm active on 4chan so what
This literally means
>Google knows I'm active on a site that's frequently referred to by media as a forum for hackers, trolls, neonazis and/or child pornography

>IP can't be tracked to me
That's the scary part anon, it isn't bound by IP address. It's bound by information found in the query parameters you send to Google. Have you really verified that the reCAPTCHA javascript stuff doesn't also send additional stuff, like some uniquely identifiable string? I doubt that you have.
>>
>>58850301
test
>>
>>58847041
Most people are too dumb to realise that you deleted account, and will think you blocked them.

What's even worse is that they will just assume you got it back after a few weeks. I've told people time and time again I've deleted that shit and after 3 weeks they come back saying "can you help me find you on facebook"
>>
I can't even be bothered to setup fake accounts during or after the election to collect the salt and tear harvest. It's all just so tiring. Twitter puppet accounts though were a fun side distraction for a brief period though. Boring.
>>
>>58850316
>>58850301
>>58850277
I just verified it, There are a couple of query parameters that are sent between different posts, cryptically named k, co and cb, in addition to the actual captcha secret which is named c in the response (and sent to 4chan as "g-recaptcha-response" field in a webform formmat.

The values for co and k persist over multiple requests to the captcha API, even when I clear my cookies entirely and renewed my IP lease in order to get a new IP (as in, I shut down my router and restarted it after 5 mins and got a fresh new IP address). Posting from a different computer, however, these values differ.

I would say that this indicates without a doubt that Google is able to at least differentiate between computers and identify a single computer despite it changing IP address.
>>
>>58850424
I haven't tried yet, but I suspect that the values for k and co are the same when using reCAPTCHA on other sites as well. If this is the case, then Google is not only able to uniquely identify a computer posting on 4chan, but also link it to other sites using reCAPTCHA.
>>
>>58850439
>>58850424
It's actually way worse than this.

I just made a Google search, and the HTTP GET request to Google Plus (because I'm signed in with my Google work account for some reason) contained the co value, in a query parameter (called rs).

This indicates that Google is able to track my specific computer and link it with every Google interaction I do.
>>
>>58847017

you deleted nothing
you only hid your data to the outside world
>>
>>58841285
>The people are too much self-consious
>the amount data they gather from you is disgusting
>muh stolen memes
>muh sexlife
>muh feels
>muh birthday
Seriously Facebook was pretty great back in 2010, but has only become more and more cancerous as the time went on.
>>
>>58850301
>>58850424
They don't persist anon, only if you reload the captcha with its own script. Make a fresh request and everything is anew. Your IP is the only thing they ever know.

Though making sure your browser isn't too chatty about you is browser privacy 101. There's no reason Google should have access to anything you're not explicitely telling it.
>>
Facebook is fake news.
Donald confirms.
Sad.
>>
>>58841285
Help manage social life and contact with normies. Cause 90% of my friends are normies
>>
It becoming the center of Black Propaganda.
>>
>>58850495
You're probably allowing gstatic and google analytics to track your ass here and on G+.
I've already tested the recaptcha a thousand times with everything else blocked and they can't identify you if you only load it's iframe, easy way to find out is to go to youtube and see if you get the default index with the "trending" movie and music shilling instead of recommendations.
>>
>>58841285
>Why aren't you using Facebook, anon?
I used it once:

1) Created a fake account.
2) Joined a community about old computer magazines.
3) Bought the magazine I wanted.
4) Logout forever.

In general, facebook is just a place for retarded ultra sensitive people. I just avoid it.
>>
I use it only because of the many people who will only use Messenger to communicate. I log in only to secure my account or add someone I actually want to chat with.

Mostly I made it because someone was trying to make one in my name, and people were asking why I didn't have it so much that it became easier just to make a dud profile.
>>
>>58841285
fuck off schlomo.
>>
>using kikebook and letting it track your life

No thanks.
>>
File: 1266975330882.jpg (49KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1266975330882.jpg
49KB, 480x640px
>>
>>58850987
>My normie friends
Why do normalfags always say this shit
>>
>>58847115
Nothing is wrong with posting pictures of food. Cooking is very much a tangible artform. You have an idea, you put it together and you quite literally get to enjoy the fruits of your labour. it's perfectly fine to be proud of a dish you made and put together.

Assuming it's worth being proud of and you're not talking about people posting pictures of fucking Big Macs and KFC. That's something else entirely.

>>58851438
Self-important, special snowflake syndrome.
>>
I don't think anyone gives a fuck about my personal life, and I really give a fuck about anyone else's but my family. I don't wanna see idiots voicing their shit opinions and all the attention whoring faggots on there. It's a ad filled clickbait fucking shithole. Also I don't have a lot of friends and I'm in general a socially isolated person.
>>
>>58851104
>retarded ultra sensitive people
>99% of population
Interesting. Are you sure it's just not a place for autists?
>>
I had my account suspended for using an alias instead of a real name back in early 2015. I never looked back, because that place was such a shithole, even worse than this place.
>>
>>58841285
nothing interesting to put there, nobody to talk to, not interested in what anybody else is doing

basically, i have no reason to use it
>>
Because I'm not a gay.
>>
>>58847201
kek
>>
>>58853990
>2017
>not gay
keep up with the times, man
>>
>>58845389
>Group messenger
Group.me?
>Contact list
Is your family so embedded in Facebook alone you don't have numbers?
>Event planning
Google calendar?

>I'd delete Facebook entirely if it wouldn't be social suicide without events and messenger
I still don't understand. The only reason I can see Facebook ever being useful is if anyone's friends are too autistic to use anything else. And don't give me none of that "but they really are too autistic to use anything else" when so many people have a Kik, LINE, discord, hangouts, G+, reddit, and a 4chan account.
>>
>>58841285
He looks more like a jew as time passes, what happened to that humble honda driving, casual clothed always in the same gray plain shirt Zuck from before?
>>
>>58841285
Have no friends, been bullied since kindergarten, don't want to be exposed. Again.
>>
>>58841285
Normies
>>
>>58841909
> he doesn't know that Zuckerberg is a billionaire

Reddit-/g/ is the fucking worst. Gamergate fappening and the_donald were a mistake
>>
>>58841285
Because I have no friends.
Also this: https://veekaybee.github.io/facebook-is-collecting-this/
scary tbhonest
>>
>>58848984
fuck off subhuman cuck
>>
File: 1464055361597.jpg (36KB, 604x437px) Image search: [Google]
1464055361597.jpg
36KB, 604x437px
>>58841285
It's nothing but inane trash and the vast majority of users are retards in the literal sense, not the exaggerated sense, who just can't stop drinking the kool-aid.

I used it for a couple years when I was in middle school to early HS and completely dropped it after that after being b& a few times and just not being interested in it anymore. I truly loath Fakebook. I'm sure they still have my old profile stored away on one of their off site databases or something.

The only thing I actually miss about it is I can't stalk "her" anymore. Oh well, it's probably for the better.
>>
>>58854700
literally no one cares zuck, get over yourself
>>
>>58841285
>use facebook since 2009
>no ads, only people posting shite
>main mode of communication in uni since i'm on a prepaid plan and parents can't trust me on shit
>met some foreign friends (a novelty on that time)
>friend requests from people in grade school and kept in touch
>present day
>feed is filled with jesus memes, clickbait and cringe posts from friends
>'motivational' posts, fundie articles, neo-nazi echo chambers, game requests, etc.
>datamining my searches and displaying ads on computer parts, anime, and shaving razors

I want off this ride but I'm part of a pseudo-eBay group for computer parts and use Messenger for messages, even though Line is superior.
>>
>Be me
>do the normie shit of traveling the world and meeting people.
>acquire lots of "friends"

Now my facebook wall is gibberish or japanese, korean, slavic, european and arabic languages.

I used a day just to unfollow everyone and gave up on that shit.

Facebook is going to crumble under its own success and 3rd worlders.
>>
>>58841285
Because I already have WhatsApp for communication and Instagram for narcissism.
>>
File: muh feelings.png (10KB, 907x183px) Image search: [Google]
muh feelings.png
10KB, 907x183px
Blocked for posting truth on CNN's page.
>>
>>58841285
I am. I have actual friends, not just 4chan autists.
>>
>>58846678
What do you mean, you love Instagram because you consume content?

Because for me, Instagram is just shitty profiles trying to get followers, including shitty profiles that post stolen image macros, shitty thots or shitty pets with shitty names like "name the pet" and then shitty photographers who post overproduced DSLR photos for us to enjoy in beautiful 640x640px.
>>
>>58849310

You can deactivate and login only on Messenger.

>>58850523
This.
>>
>>58848459
Kek I also did this. I unfollowed 90% of them. The 10% stays because they're my relatives. Makes my feed 500% better.
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.