[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I WANT TO BELIEVE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: neo900-t[1].png (68KB, 570x169px) Image search: [Google]
neo900-t[1].png
68KB, 570x169px
>>
>>58838728

>there was a time when /g/ wasn't full of "lol who needs a keyboard amirite guise" fags and this was the official /g/ phone
>>
>>58838728
it was a scam from the very beginning. as an ower of an original nokia n900 at had to deal with those maemo.org guys often and know they're simply assholes and not once did anything useful for n900 development.

(the few good people on maemo.org aren't part of neo900 scam. sre, and pali)

other than that, there still isn't a independend linux mobile os one could load on it, even if the hardware itself existed.

maemo (os) itself wasn't that bad, because it was more linux than android the n900 was a nice linux handheld but the unfree bits killed it.... and exactly those neo900 did whatever they could do to upset and disrupt any work towards that.

them and in addition the gtk, gnome guys killing GPE and gnome mobile.

Intel took over X.org and fucked with framebuffer and put dri and 3d everywhere disabling the workaround to get a picture without closed drivers.

ubuntu abandoned linux in favor of android (partly) for mobile devices because.... a neo900 guy, developed an android driver shim to make ubuntu work with android hardware api. another death for linux only mobile devices.

oh, and intel also took over openembedded and with that the base of SHR and freesmartphone.org. well... those guys didn't do much regarding n900 anyway. they also fucked around and rather broke the few working bits out of shear insanity. the only good and hardworking guy was in my opionion Gnutoo but at some point he threw it, because he was literally the only guy fixing and improving things there while the others fapped at him getting overworked.

well... still, the linux "community" still didn't get anything done in regards to (GNU) mobile os. because of that, we have those survilance robots in our pokets.

neo900 guys are basically like the rest of the linux landscape. the enemy painted friendly colors. nobody there likes freedom and for pretending to be "open" they put out awfull code to torture the users.

....more later...
>>
Neo950 please
>>
>>58840275
>those maemo.org guys

Hey, don't paint everyone there with the same brush. It's the idiot dev of Neo900 who was the asshole, nobody else.

I was on here right from the start saying it's vapourware and will never be released. I also warned people not to give money to a rude asshole control freak project manager.
>>
is this actually gonna happen?
>>
>>58840275
>a neo900 guy, developed an android driver shim to make ubuntu work with android hardware api

Factually incorrect. It was a Jolla employee. He had nothing to do with Neo900.
>>
>>58840512
nope, i was lurking in IRC at that time when he "aproved" the neo900 initial website. at that time there was no "jolla". there was "mer". he was THE main mer guy and an active maemo overlord. he is undoubtly one of the biggest assholes alive.

well, the only good thing is because of him I learned a particular interesting thing about "linux".

if there is a project for gaining freedom, he and guys like him either take over or estabilish a bigger, more open and more free project until the initial one dies and then they simply kill their own project. like I said, they hate freedom. he is one of ((those)) by heart.
>>
>>58840710

Who are you speaking of because you may be confusing different people.
>>
>>58840746
not naming people, even though I hate them to the bone.

like I said, I lurked at IRC at that time. also before that and after that. mer, maemo, meego, ubuntu, linaro, hildon... I know them all. I'm totally not confusing this.

It's more likely you think about the wrong guy or you simply have the wrong picture of the right guy.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.