[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red flags for websites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

1. Won't work without javascript enabled
2. Won't work without flash enabled
3. Targets messages towards and/or denies entry to adblock users
4. Infinite scrolling instead of numbered pages
5. Splits a small article into multiple pages to generate more clicks and/or display transitional ads
6. Contains 40MB of javascript moving elements and other bloat cancer when the information the user is looking for is no more than 5-10KB in size
7. Opens popups without the user's request
8. Disables right-clicking
9. Will not let the user directly save media such as images or video
10. Embedded social media buttons
11. Embedded Google-anything
12. Makes the user consent to being tracked before being allowed to access a page
>>
File: 784635646637.png (793KB, 850x1558px) Image search: [Google]
784635646637.png
793KB, 850x1558px
>>58835275
You speak much wisdom anon.
>>
>>58835275
You forgot no copy. As in can't ctrl+c text.
>>
>>58835380
right click ---> print
>proceed to copy
wow so hard
>>
>>58835275
13. Makes you download embedded fonts that give you eyeball cancer (usually from google for extra botnetification)
14. Makes you download oh-so-fashionable "hero" images large enough to fill an 8K display
15. Sets cookies but has no user-facing functionality that would justify keeping track of sessions
16. Doesn't allow you to get a direct link to content (that includes loading content through ajax calls as well as fucking aspx POSTs with _VIEWSTATE, _EVENTVALIDATION and all that godless poo2loo shit)
>>
>>58835275
>privacyfag
>pedophile
Every time
>>
17. a header/footer that always stays on top/bottom, messing up the ability to read with pgup/pgdwn
18. thinks privacy badger is an ad blocker
19. forced registration
20. forced social media integration
21. nag screen of any kind
22. doesn't work with proxy/vpn/TOR
23. shitty unicode that doesn't work on linux/old windows/anything other than ishit
24. links to author's twitter which contains a mixture of political activism, le ironic maymays and links to programming blogs
>>
>>58835275
>enter site
>embeded video ads that load faster than the page
WHAT DID THEY MEAN BY THIS
>>
>>58835949
18. Header consist of few burger-menus and is thicker than Windows taskbar
>>
Weird, someone reposted my thread.
>>
File: 1446639387513.jpg (67KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1446639387513.jpg
67KB, 500x667px
>>58835275
Web devs doing any of those should be gassed.
>>
>>58835275
Who is this semon demen
>>
>>58835949
>23. shitty unicode that doesn't work on linux/old windows/anything other than ishit
Let's just say that "anything other than UTF-8".
>>
>>58835949
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!
>>
>>58835275
but I enjoy the challenge of editing out all the javascript bloat on-the-fly with a local proxy :(
>>
Flash is dead.
>>
File: fakebuki.png (604KB, 1080x1536px) Image search: [Google]
fakebuki.png
604KB, 1080x1536px
>>58839056
>>
>>58835275
13. No https
14a. Plays sound without the user clicking anything
14b. Has no volume slider, you can only turn the sound on or off
15. Anti-adblock
>>
>>58835275
#9 really makes me fucking mad.
>>
File: 1485138098446.gif (315KB, 234x159px) Image search: [Google]
1485138098446.gif
315KB, 234x159px
>>58835684
>>
>>58840740
You can press F12 or otherwise start the inspect element tool, go to application -> frames -> images, then select the image you want to download in chrome and download it (in case you don't already know this). I'm not defending sites that do that, just saying you can still get the images
>>
>>58835275
>5. Splits a small article into multiple pages to generate more clicks and/or display transitional ads
holy shit never fucking realized this is the reason they split article across 100 different pages.
>>
>>58838231
it cant be posted enough tho
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.