[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why this sneaky creature always trying to eat my RAM? How to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.png (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
31KB, 300x300px
Why this sneaky creature always trying to eat my RAM? How to reduce the consumption?
Any tricks? I can't really abandon this because it's what my company uses.
>>
turn accelerate hardware, smart one
>>
>>58833294
abandon the company then
>>
>>58833298
How or redirect me to non techie user workaround.

>>58833304
Would you give me job then?
>>
even worse, it is full of bugs, you can not even disable spell check & red underline.
>>
>>58833320

settings, advanced settings, un-check use hardware acceleration
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>58833328
Thanks and somehow it was already un-checked.

>>58833353
This is not my personal computer.
>>
>>58833294
Disable all Javascript ever. Also no prefetch, no caching, no prerender, nothing. Just all off. It will suck a bit, but it will use little memory.
>>
>>58833447
Where I could find those?
>>
Does anyone have an issue recently with chrome and inline image expansion here? Whenever I close an inline image, if I've scrolled such that the top of the image is above where my window is, it will jump up a full screen above the post. It used to collapse in a way that the post with the image was at the top of the window.

Also this change correlates (for me) with images in their own tabs being centered on a black background and transparency having a checkerboard background like photoshop. I think I might have disabled that previously? It's been so long that I don't remember if that was a default thing or not.
>>
File: google.png (316KB, 628x465px) Image search: [Google]
google.png
316KB, 628x465px
>>58833294
Pic related.
>>
>>58833294

I just switched to Opera and my life got better.
>>
>>58833488

Actually after fucking around I've noticed that inline expansions expand upward in a way that (i guess) move the view down to account for the new height? It used to not bother moving until it was closed.
>>
>>58833478
Many of them in just the advanced settings (chrome://settings/advanced). A few things are in the flags (chrome://flags/).

A plugin is the most realistic way to deal JS without disabling it absolutely everywhere and making just about half websites useless.

uBlock / uMatrix might also overall conserve RAM by limiting what gets loaded quite efficiently (still consumes some ram - shift-esc - but usually less than the blocked content would have).
>>
>>58833488
>Also this change correlates (for me) with images in their own tabs being centered on a black background and transparency having a checkerboard background like photoshop. I think I might have disabled that previously? It's been so long that I don't remember if that was a default thing or not.

I got this one exactly after the recent update. How to revert it back?
>>
>>58833544
Thanks, I'll try this.

It's frustrating when editing on Google Doc and suddenly it crash on my face.
>>
>>58833294
>Any tricks?
ungoogled chromium
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.