[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /g/ so shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1478392384512.jpg (17KB, 286x274px) Image search: [Google]
1478392384512.jpg
17KB, 286x274px
Why is /g/ so shit?
>>
Because you're here
>>
File: 1485520648607.png (74KB, 909x563px) Image search: [Google]
1485520648607.png
74KB, 909x563px
>>58829214
You tell me
>>
File: 1460497143981.jpg (26KB, 600x309px) Image search: [Google]
1460497143981.jpg
26KB, 600x309px
>>58829226
It's the first time I post here. I am in agony.
>>
>>58829227
Most people here like Linux tho
>>
Too many generals and consumer threads. It's been swarmed by /v/irgins building their first gayming PC and asking which nvidia card they should buy.
>>
>>58829304
>"it's okay when AMD does it" the post.

/g/ is utter shit for many reasons. Consumerism, tech-illiteracy and the urge to feel superior while having no fucking clue about anything. Retarded goalposting and cherry picking used to defend your favorite company/OS/software. Then you add your typical 4chan board faggotry like degenerate traps, autistic neets and smug weeb shitposters and you have your big puddle of shit. This board needs to have at least 10 absolutely insane and deranged shitposters at any given time that will create sliding threads about Invidiots, AMdrones, Pajeets, Wincucks, Freetards, Mactodlers. I blame lack of moderation or rather fear of power tripping mods. From what it seems moot castrated them years ago and they can't do shit if the thread isn't breaking some specific rule while also being reported. Honestly all we really need is few people who browse this place 24/7 that simply would have the right to remove any retarded sliding thread the moment it has been created.
>>
Nobody who does anything important wastes time Shit posting on here
>>
Removal of desktop threads
Allowance of other ``general'' threads (perhaps even the advocation of them)
New moderation team that didn't understand /g/ culture and killed it
Oldfags mostly getting jobs and shit and can't post so much
smartphones' takeover

/g/ is now about consumerism instead of technology, and the generals are almost entirely dedicated to buying things or talking about what you're gonna buy. Main exception is /dpt/ which is mostly people asking for help with homework.

The problem with the generals is that while it's nice to find all the people interested in a certain subject in one place, you cannot set a fine-grained topic. It's like trying to have a conversation in a crowded cafeteria.
>>
>>58829420
>urge to feel superior while having no fucking clue about anything.
not a negative thing btw, feeling superior is great. The problem is that NOBODY knows shit here any more, so fags that try to talk shit don't get BTFO as often and end up feeling encouraged to post more instead of lurk moar
>>
>>58829248
/g/ has been dead for a while now.

All the good hackers are either grown up or just post here for memes. There are some occasional nuggets of wisdom but they are not worth the shitposting.

The new mod team is also clueless and killed off the desktop and ricing community.
>>
>>58829680
Also when someone does post something interesting it gets ignored or only a few can participate
>>
>>58829666
underage.
>>
>>58829214
It's primarily frequented by CS undergrads and other toddlers who barely know anything about technology beyond "building" their gaming PCs every blue moon so they just cling to low hanging fruit topics like consumer shilling and OS wars in an effort to feel good about themselves.

This place has always been shit like that, and it will continue to be. Just don't give them attention.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.