[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on the RHCSA and MCSA. are they both equally worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 1465498789.jpg (218KB, 750x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1465498789.jpg
218KB, 750x1007px
redpill me on the RHCSA and MCSA. are they both equally worth it pursuing? is one worth it over the other? or are both as worthless as working at mcdonalds?
>>
>>58827997
None of the Microsoft ones are worth it, and only get your a monkey position, at best. I've been on many hiring committees at work, and I've seen more than a few resumes discarded for prominently listing their certs.

The RHCSA is a bit better, but I've never worked anywhere where it made a difference for hiring or salary. It might help you get in the door for an interview for a real position.
>>
>redpill me on...
fuck off
>>
File: win10casette.png (769KB, 599x799px) Image search: [Google]
win10casette.png
769KB, 599x799px
>>58828329
There's a lot of material in the MCSA but you're going to implement or leverage maybe 30% of the features at your job. Studying will just be rote memorization or some home labbing but not much. MCSE on specific tracks like Communication (Exchange/Skype4Biz) and SQL are good. The one that's just MCSA but with clustering is gay, anyone I know that puts that shit in their email sig can barely replace fuckin keyboards, or they think they're better than the job they were hired to do.

OP get niche certs like Citrix, some elder-tier linux shit like IBM AIX, or just the VCP-DCV
>>
>>58828329
>>58828667
all i want to do is just be a general technician. like help desk for a small - medium business or school. i'm 28 and i really don't want to be a hotshot in charge of servers and all that. i just want a stablish job just running a help desk and just helping people. i like helping people desu but i do hate call centers. worked at one for a few months and ended up quitting. not because of the customers, but because of the environment. i hated quotas and was a salesmen in the end. if i wanted that i would go back to retail.
>>
File: 1421141225156.jpg (244KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1421141225156.jpg
244KB, 752x1062px
>>58829631

What you're looking for is a Desktop Support Technician not help-desk, if you're doing desk-side services you can skip the phones and help users on their desk.
>>
The RHCSA is supposed to be the red hat equivalent of of the MCSA but it's mostly desktop configurations. It's more like Microsoft's Windows 7/8/10 certs
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.