[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does /g/ go now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: f45q0n4no5qkt2t68dqo.png (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
f45q0n4no5qkt2t68dqo.png
55KB, 500x500px
kat is back up but database is shit.
tpb is also pretty shit.
>>
Private Trackers.
IPT or GGn for gaymes
Apollo for music
Nyaa for Anime
MAM for books (or IRC)

Use those trackers and you're good.
>>
File: 3553258137_9d68d2799f_o.jpg (304KB, 1300x1313px) Image search: [Google]
3553258137_9d68d2799f_o.jpg
304KB, 1300x1313px
>>58823549
>he's not on private trackers
>>
for public trackers
https://www.skytorrents.in/
>>
Qbittorrent
>>
>>58823549
Torrentzeu.to
Probably not the best for anime but I don't download it sooooo
>>
File: hydrabay-1024x614_c.jpg (94KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
hydrabay-1024x614_c.jpg
94KB, 1024x614px
>>58823549
TPB is not shit, it's just old and deprecated. Remember all the times it went down and people freaked out? All those threats/C&Ds that Microsoft and other companies sent them that used to be publicly available on their blog (along with the admins hilarious responses about how they'd never stop). And yet it comes back up every time. Every. single. time. TPB is kinda the frontman so to speak for piracy, at least for the public sector... remember the hydra? TPB is a reminder that piracy will (likely) never die. /endrant

to answer your question OP, private trackers are where you want to go for quality control. Well-seeded torrents, higher quality rips of movies or TV shows or whole BluRay images, private trackers are definitely what you want to look into. If you poke around a little bit, it isn't too hard to get an invite...

Failing that, there's always usenet/irc! Which has been around since before torrenting, and will likely stick around after torrenting dies out.
>>
>>58823549
>tpb is also pretty shit.
How so? Its pretty straight forward and just works.
>>
>>58823549
Kazaa
>>
private, rutracker, nyaa
>>
i've been having pretty good luck with rutracker for movies at least.

Kind of a pain to translate the pages but w/e.
>>
only ever caught letters after using TPB
>>
>>58823788
This, though once you have an account you don't need to translate anything. Though I use it mostly for music and shows, it's pretty straightforward once you know the russian word for "season".
>>
rutracker
Учи cлaвянcкиe pyны, aнoн.
>>
I like RARBG better so that is what I have been using lately.
>>
>>58823808
You may have had DHT enabled, which would make things worse. Dont mean to assume but if you dont configure your torrent client just right when using public trackers, you will get flagged. theres a specific list of shit you need to do including forced protocol encryption and disable DHT, to name a few. Also use your judgement, a torrent that wasn't uploaded by a skulled member should not be trusted.

Not trying to defend TPB like a damn martyr lol just saying theres things you have to configure before using public trackers, same with KAT and 1337x if any of you remember that one
>>
>>58823892
and to expand on that, any respectable private tracker will require you to disable those things anyway. DHT, Local Peer Discovery and Peer Exchange should all be disabled.
>>
>>58823694
>>58823679

Community seems lacking and they won't upgrade their shit. Kats community and coordination w/ better organization to me is what made it #1.
TPB works but I question why it doesn't upgrade.
>>
IPT is super easy to get onto, it's practically a public tracker at this point and blows KAT and TPB out of the water. Your not going to find perfect 4k content with perfect audio and everything else like that on other trackers, but you can get decent new 1080p quality content on freelech. If you don't have enough ratio to get brand new episodes or movies as they come out, literally wait 1 or 2 days and the content is on freelech.
>>
What do you guys do about malware? I want to torrent stuff but im afraid a cracked Windows ISO wioo be backdoored or any other sortware will be malware.
>>
>>58823892
>any of those things
>stopping you from getting flagged for downloading movies
I don't get why people would be on /g/ when they're so obviously computer illiterate
>>
>>58824547
>cracked Windows ISO
firstly, don't use windows. Secondly, if you must use windows, don't pirate it. Thirdly, if you must pirate windows, be smart and use a legit .iso with a tried and true cracking tool like daz loader or MS toolkit
>>
Ignore the autists suggesting private trackers. They are invariably shit
Limited quantity of torrents and absurd rules which make it so you can't actually download anything without getting banned for a poor ratio
>>
I've yet to find a better alternative than TPB if you're not using a private tracker.
>>
what's the proper new kat url
>>
>>58825011
>Nyaa for anime
>RARBG and ruTracker for everything else
>>
>>58823567
So what is MAM?
>>
>>58826111
There is no such thing.
>>
>>58823595
god bless you
>>
>>58823892
>>58823920
not that anon but i was using deluge for years without any letters until deluge started acting up so i've been on qbit for the last couple of months, i didn't know about those settings, but now i've turned them off, i don't have deluge installed anymore but did that also have settings i had to turn off like dht, local peer discovery, and peer exchange? i don't ever recall seeing that, only on qbit now.
>>
>>58826111
https://thekickasstorrents.com/
>>
>>58823595
>.in
DESIGNATED
>>
>>58824998
t. dirty leech
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.