[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

File Select Dialog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: browse.png (5KB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
browse.png
5KB, 640x440px
I'm a lazy person, so when posting on 4chan I generally tend to look up pictures through Google Images to post and then copy the URL into the file select dialog. This downloads the image to the temp files directory, then inserts the file path automatically.

The problem is that the amount of time between clicking "open" and it actually doing all of that varies wildly, and doesn't seem to depend on file size or download speed. Sometimes I'll give it a 2 MB file and it will work instantly. Other times, it can take over two minutes for a 150 KB file, and I'd be better off saving the file and selecting it from the disk.

Is the dialog part of Firefox, or Windows? And why does the time it takes to load a file vary so much?
>>
It uses a windows explorer process.
>>
>>58818625
I guess that would explain why it's so fucking shitty. Any idea if it works better in Windows 10 than Windows 7?
>>
>>58818636
Dude...Windows 10 is still Windows. So no.
>>
>>58818636
Just save to /tmp and post that way.
>>
It's always been like that. I wish I knew why.
>>
keep your harddrive spinning
>>
with 4chan x it has a link button
>>
would be great if somehow you download the image and after you finish d/ling it sends the absolute filename location of the file on your hard drive direclty to your clipboard
>>
>>58819018

Or just use 4chan X and have it so you can just copy paste the URL into the box and have it post instantly
>>
>>58818603
just use 4chan X man

I don't know why anyone doesn't just use 4chan X yet
>>
File: file.png (203KB, 839x603px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
203KB, 839x603px
>>58818603
You can literally just do pic related and Ctrl+V when writing a post with 4chan-X
>>
>>58819594
Why would you reencode the image as png when you can just click on the chain icon in the post window and paste the link?
>>
>>58819594
Is that MacType? Font rendering looks way to crisp to be default ClearType
>>
>>58820690
That looks like default cleartype at 150% scaling.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.