[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 53

File: 3743.jpg (25KB, 460x581px) Image search: [Google]
3743.jpg
25KB, 460x581px
>>
hey what's the best mobile browser for Android and why?
>>
how can i make typing math-shit non cancerous?

i want to write some documents that heavily use math functions like sqrt, exponets, fractions, integrals, etc. but i cant figure out a non cancer way to add them in microsoft word
>>
>>58818509
Firefox. You can get ad blocking with other browsers using the hosts file, but Firefox is the only way to disable it for some sites and run anti-adblock killer scripts.
>>
File: storyboard.png (124KB, 837x934px) Image search: [Google]
storyboard.png
124KB, 837x934px
What is the easiest way to make a storyboard for app development? I know you can in powerpoint but I don't want to have to fucking install visual studio for the plugin.
>>
File: Palm%20grip.jpg (68KB, 567x390px) Image search: [Google]
Palm%20grip.jpg
68KB, 567x390px
I'm looking for the most comfortable palm grip mouse. I don't really care if the sensor is the best fucking thing ever, I'm no Counter Strike pro, but I appreciate when it's good.
>LEDs are okay, I don't really care unless they're fucking everywhere
>Conservative design, no transformer-looking shit
>Wired preferred, I don't want to deal with battery issues later
>>
>>58818509
Chrome imo because of how fast/smooth it is
>>
How can you find the sata version for a laptop optical drive port. Thinking of replacing optical drive with a hard drive so I want to know what speed to expect.
>>
>>58818661
generally it'll be the same as the one for the actual hard drive

it's a smaller version of the sata interface but you can just get an adapter
>>
File: c534f6f5972130ddc051f086056a5e33.png (270KB, 1173x498px) Image search: [Google]
c534f6f5972130ddc051f086056a5e33.png
270KB, 1173x498px
Is this a good monitor for a poor fag like me?

I mostly just play vidya games but I'm not sure if I should upgrade. I currently have a dell E207WFP
>>
>>58818509
Chrome. There's little differences that make it subtly better, and it copied Opera's datasave feature. Firefox is a decent runner up though.
>>
>>58818710
The U2410 you found in your other post is a better monitor in every aspect.
>>
How do I make all the images load via ls instead of ls2? ls2 is so fucking slow.

>>58818613

Steelseries Rival 300. My favorite mouse of all time. You can turn off all LEDs, it's really conservative in design, it's wired, and it has a nice sensor.
>>
File: 1409950242880.gif (102KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1409950242880.gif
102KB, 450x450px
Okay I give up.
Guys I swear Firefox is FUCKING with me right now. My whole system is slow as shit, and you know why? Because Firefox is using all my shitty ram up to half the swap, crazy right? yes. And guess what? I ONLY HAVE 2(TWO) FUCKING TABS OPEN. YES TWO(2).
I went to about:memory to see what was going on and, BOOM. This fucking little shit has in memory data that I used to fap to 5 hours ago. Why is Firefox doing this to me? Why the fuck? This is not the first time it does this, I'm tired AHH Firefox fuuuck. I know this can be fixed restarting, but this behavior triggers my whole existence, why the fuck would you keep stuff in memory, stuff that I closed that I don't need anymore
>>
>>58818761
You watch your ram too much. Chill out
>>
>>58818758
Edit your host file at /etc/hosts to be something like
good 4chan server(space here)shit server
>>
>>58818761
What version of FF do you have, and what plugins are your running?
>>
>>58818761
Close firefox.

Restart firefox.
>>
File: mx-master-black-gallery-1.png (102KB, 800x687px) Image search: [Google]
mx-master-black-gallery-1.png
102KB, 800x687px
>>58818613
I love my MX Master.
>No LEDs
>Design isn't too flashy, rather sleek
>Can be used "wired", though the cable is purely for power and it won't work without a wireless signal
It's not specifically a gayming mouse, but I've had no issues playing my vidya shooters with it. It's almost as configurable as you would expect a gayming mouse to be, with programmable buttons and DPI settings and whatnot.
I've had mine for a little over a year, never had any problems with the signal or tracking. It holds battery for about a week of very heavy use, and then you just stick a cable in it for a couple hours to charge it.

Overall I'd say it's a great mouse. It's fairly heavy and offers no adjustment in that department though, so if lightweight mice are your thing you don't want one of these.
>>
>>58818761
install chromium
>>
What is a good program for setting up temperature fan speed curve for AMD cards? I have an XFX card and their drivers are the stock AMD ones and those allow me to only set it on either automatic (which is noisy as fuck and tends to run the fan at high speeds even if it's not needed) or a set speed.
>>
>>58819064
Whatever program you use to overclock your graphics card with. MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision, whatever XFX most likely has for you, and so on.
>>
>>58819196
See
>I have an XFX card and their drivers are the stock AMD ones

Do third party programs even work with GPUs made by different manufacturers?
>>
>>58818613
RAT9 looks ugly, and is expensive, and early models have issues with bad sensors, but fucking shit its a very comfortable mouse. Rare do they have a pinky rest, its amazing.
>>
>>58819216
Overclocking utilities are not drivers. I don't know about XFX specifically, but most manufacturers have their own utility. Again, not a driver.

As for different manufacturers' programs working with yours, maybe. As far as I know, usually the only thing that won't work is voltage control. Fan control and overclocking (without overcolting) should be fine.
>>
>>58818710
Try looking on Craigslist if available in your area.
I paid full retail price for my pair of monitors, and now some dude is selling the exact same pair for $200.
>>
>>58819236
XFX doesn't offer overclock utilities.
>>
is there any video player which can interpolate videos to a higher frame rate? the VLC developers are so autistic that they will not even consider adding such a feature because a low frame rate is "cinematic". i have some videos with unwatchably low framerates and a simple cubic spline filter would probably help quite a bit to salvage them.
>>
File: Untitled.png (31KB, 882x521px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
31KB, 882x521px
Sup /sqt/, /diy/ reporting.

The only real advantage over ECC vs non-ECC ram is error protection, right?

I have a Xeon E3 based machine (HP Z220, specs related) and a 4th gen i7 based machine (Dell EX2 w/ i7-4770K, no OS yet) in front of me, and I'm trying to work out if I stick with the 220 or move to the Dell for my primary workstation (mostly DAW and CAD work). I'm leaning to the i7 because I have faster RAM for it, but short of lower power draw/temps because no integrated GPU, I'm not seeing a lot of reasons to stick with the Xeon. Using the Dell would open other GFX card options as well as it allows full height cards; The GTX750 was the only decent spec card I could find in a low profile form factor.

Thoughts /g/entoomen?
>>
What's RAM frequency for? What does it matter?

What's the difference between a RAM stick with 1333 MHz and one with 1600 MHz?
>>
>>58819374
https://youtu.be/h-TWQ0rS-SI
>>
>>58819374
RAM speed doesn't matter (<1% difference) for most applications. you should prioritize RAM capacity and other components over RAM speed
>>
>>58819374
RAM speed defines how many bits per second can be shifted in and out. Broadly speaking, faster = better.

> What's the difference between a RAM stick with 1333 MHz and one with 1600 MHz?
The former can shift in bits at 1.333 billions bits per second, the latter 1.6 billion bits per second. The advantage should be obvious.
>>
>>58819371
ECC RAM is designed for servers that have several months, of years of continues uptime. For that ECC RAM is necessary. Regular home use it wont matter.
>>
File: 1485262515835.jpg (76KB, 1065x859px) Image search: [Google]
1485262515835.jpg
76KB, 1065x859px
>>58819402
You better be baiting.
>>
>>58819402
>bits per second
lol

and see 1:55 in >>58819379
>>
What exactly do I do with a single .wav file and a cue sheet? The end goal is to split it into individual tracks but everythings in chinese and shit, how can I be sure it went off without a hitch?

I used CUEtools but tracks came out with fucked up characters and metadata
>>
>>58819405
Thanks.

>>58819425
I prolly should have said operations per second, but I'm watching that video now anyway. As I say below, I am kinda rusty.

>>58819412
Dude, I'm an engine and airframe mechanic for an airline, and the last time I payed close attention to PC specs was back when Cyrix processors were a thing. Short of imaging them both identically and benchmarking I'm babby in the woods here.
>>
>>58819260
Then just try one from another manufacturer. You could also try Speedfan.
The worst thing that can happen is it just won't control your fans.
>>
>>58819446
It's always simply been clock rate.
Sure, a high clock rate sort-of means "more shit done" per second, but really, it's a lot more complicated than that.
>>
>>58819446
Crap, I thought you >>58819412 quoted my original post >>58819371. My bad, long day.
>>
>>58818726
I guess Ill go for that one then
>>58819239
I'll be getting one which >>58818726 said
>>
Was spreading the thermal paste before installing the heatsink even a recommended thing to do? I'm watching videos on how to fix RRODs on 360s and every single one I've come across has who made them doing that.
>>
File: 1401002723100.gif (154KB, 140x140px) Image search: [Google]
1401002723100.gif
154KB, 140x140px
>>58818811
I know, right?
Even when I notice the slightest decrease in performance, I hurriedly go to check the system resources to see what's causing it
This was the cause of my stress when I had a Windows Phone

>>58818825
51.0.1(64-bit)
Enabled plugins:
OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco Systems, Inc.
IcedTea-Web Plugin (using IcedTea-Web 1.6.2)
Shockwave Flash

>>58818895
I do have it installed, and it does indeed work in a way easy to understand(close tab = frees that tab's used memory). But I only use it when I have to run stuff I can't run/ have difficulty running on Firefox. Even with tabs having their own processes, Chromium still uses much more memory than Firefox, limiting the number of tabs I can have open, or in cases like fapservice's manga compilations, I have to kill the tab through Chromium's own task manager, and then reload the tab to free the memory and avoid using the swap, which slows down my system. This doesn't happen with Firefox.
But sometimes, Firefox have this weird behavior I can't, for the love of god, understand. I opened a bunch of tabs, animated gifs, webms, pngs, jpgs, and closed them, but it's like I didn't close them, they are still present in about:memory.
>>
File: 81MSPXBN-lL._SL1500_.jpg (147KB, 1500x1369px) Image search: [Google]
81MSPXBN-lL._SL1500_.jpg
147KB, 1500x1369px
I am building a new PC and was wondering if I could use my current storage devices (an HDD, 2 SSDs) in the new build. Do I have to wipe them completely? How do I do that?
>>
>>58818509
Chrome, Google integration
>>
>>58819577
It was in the past.
>>
>>58819577
Depends on the type of thermal compound, there are a few that require spreading them before installing the heatsink. Usually with a brush.
>>
>>58819577
no, it can cause air bubbles to get trapped, and air is a shit heat conductor

i think this stems from a misunderstanding of "spreading paste", the idea is to place a blob in the middle, and spread it by /placing the heatsink on the package/, as in, "squish" the paste flat with the heatsink
>>
>>58819735
Yes, you can. Depends how you have stuff partitioned. You can probably back up one SSD to one of the other two devices, then just use the installer for Windows or whatever to delete all the partitions on it, install the OS in the unpartitioned space (it'll make what it needs) then copy stuff back once you're up and running on your new system.
>>
anyone done any IVTC?
i haven't worked with NTSC dvd's before, only PAL. i have one here that should be all 24fps content, but i'm having trouble getting consistent results
>>
What's the FASTEST way to get
bootstrap.js
and jquery.js

in my directory

scripts when I make a page?

Copy paste is slow.
>>
>>58819735
do you want to reinstall/wipe anything?
no? then don't, you can reuse your OS and storage volumes
>>
Does youtube video get view counts when accessed with youtube-dl?
>>
>>58819930
it seems i was naïve to assume companies would release a dvd with a consistent telecine pattern, so i could just separate/select/weave and be done with it
>>
>>58819846
How long ago are we talking about?

>>58819864
Doesn't that usually only apply to very liquid paste that is generally garbage? In all of the videos they were using either MX4, Artic Silver 5 or Noctua.

>>58819880
I know, but I'm wondering why the fuck all of the videos I watched (at least 8, and no I just skipped to the part where they applied the paste) had people doing it. And even when people pointed out in the comments that spreading it is stupid some retards gave them shit.
>>
>>58820073
>all of the videos I watched
random youtube videos?
not exactly the greatest source of information
>>
>>58820091
I figured that among those I watched at least fucking one would get it right. On top of that I glanced at some forum posts and most of those recommended spreading it as well.
>>
>>58820073
>Doesn't that usually only apply to very liquid paste that is generally garbage?
Yes. Though whether that stuff is garbage probably depends on where it's used. It is recommended for delidded CPUs for instance, so long as you make sure not to get one that causes copper or aluminum to corrode.
Though a reason these videos might recommend spreading the paste could be that it's easier to keep from flowing over the die and spilling onto the chip's PCB that way. This would kill the chip with conductive paste. Spreading onto a bare die is alright, but you should do it with a finger wearing a rubber/latex glove as opposed to something like a credit card.
>>
IS THE 15 L502X FOR $400CAD/$300USD A GOOD DEAL
>>
>>58818551

>use word
>use wolfram alpha and paste screencaps
>get LaTeX
>>
>>58820172
NO
>>
>>58818551
Learn and use LaTeX.
>>
Best video editing software?
>>
>>58820172
>$400CAD/$300USD
why is the USD so fucking stronk
>>
>>58820200
"Why is the currency of the country with the most powerful military on earth so strong"? Not even shitposting, it has a lot of historical precedents.
>>
>was on W7
>kaby lake processor doesnt work so i move to W10
>its fucking shit
>install ubuntu
>no drivers at all and shit just crashes for no reason
wat distro is gud
>>
>>58820200
because Harper tanked our dollar and Trudeau has no idea how to recover it
>>
>>58819925
So I could hook one of them to the new build, install Windows from a USB and it will give me the option right there to wipe the SSD/overwrite it?
>>
I asked this in the previous thread: does wsus offline update work? I am having to do a fresh windows 7 install and i read that pastebin which helped you get over the update hump. That shit is totally bananas. Wsus looks simpler, but it also looks kinda sketch.
>>
File: Foxit.png (6KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
Foxit.png
6KB, 500x364px
I used to use pic related back when it was lean and light. Now it's nearly as bloated as adobe and has a tonne of shovelware and constant auto-updates and shit.

Is there an actual light-weight, preferably foss pdf reader for windows?
>>
>>58820418
>does wsus offline update work? I am having to do a fresh windows 7 install
I did the same thing recently using wsus offline updates.
It took forever to get everything and needed to be babysat a lot but yeah, it eventually worked.
A bunch of updates had errors and shit but the one that updated the update service worked and then win7 could take care of itself.
>>
>>58820437
>Is there an actual light-weight, preferably foss pdf reader for windows?

evince is actually a solid pdf viewer for windows (and linux, naturally) much to my surprise

if you're looking more than "it reads pdfs" it might not be suited to your tasks though
>>
>>58820195
final cut pro
imovie
>>
>>58818494
>WD-40
i'm triggered. it's NOT a lubricant and should never be used as one.
>>
>>58819735
You only have to wipe the partition the OS is installed on. You do that in the OS installer.
>>
>>58820454
>evince is actually a solid pdf viewer for windows (and linux, naturally) much to my surprise
Yeah, that will do. I use Evince on ubuntu and it's fine for most things.

I looked at Okular and its main page claimed to work fine on Windows but when I looked at downloading it, it started giving links on how to install KDE on windows, which is kind of the opposite of a lightweight pdf browser.
>>
>>58820073
Before CPUs had heatspreaders. So around Pentium III / IV I think
>>
>>58820195
If you're asking for the best you don't need the best. If you did, you wouldn't have to ask.
Do yourself a favor and don't go spending >$300 on that shit. Sony Vegas is enough for your needs.
>>
File: apricity-laptop.png (1018KB, 1984x1067px) Image search: [Google]
apricity-laptop.png
1018KB, 1984x1067px
Is it gay to install pic related on my xiaomi air 12?
>>
>>58820503
Perfectly reasonable. Recommended even, it's a nice little notebook.
>>
>>58820513
What about that OS?

Does it deliver on its claims?
>>
What little software will tell me on my screen what is my controle volume whenever I change it?
>>
I'm in need for virtualiztion, but I'm new to it and have some questions.

1. What would be better VirtualBox or QEMU+KVM.
What's the difference?

2. How does the guest virtual machine handle the hardware of the host machine?
For example if I connect a printer through USB port, does the printer's driver have to be installed on the host machine to show on the guest machine?

3. What about shared folder filesystem format?There is a way to share files between the host and the guest,right?

4. To my understanding the whole VM is just a single VMDK file, would storing it on external storage be a better solution?

5. With the exception of malware specifically designed to infect host machine from within the VM, is running a malware in the VM safe?

If it makes any difference, I'd be using it on thinkpad T420 with 4 GB of ram and Core i5 2520m CPU.
The stuff would be mostly running windows only applications, and maybe running some VNs.
>>
>>58820437
Sumatra
>>
Why Windows 10 is actually very efficient and fast as a Live USB OS?
>>
File: mark.png (22KB, 627x309px) Image search: [Google]
mark.png
22KB, 627x309px
Is Apricity OS any good?
>>
Is my Nexus 7 kill?

>screen froze, wouldn't even sleep when I pressed the power button
>holding it in turned the tablet off, but whenever I turn it on I have the same problem, it's stuck on the very first image that displays (the white-on-black Google logo)
>can't even get into recovery mode because the screen freezes just the same
>>
File: sata-molex-hdd-cable-large.jpg (79KB, 1257x704px) Image search: [Google]
sata-molex-hdd-cable-large.jpg
79KB, 1257x704px
I've bought IDE/SATA adapter, needless to say the power brick was defective.
but I can manage since I have old PSU.

The issue is pic related.
I'm not confidant in the quality of the Molex to SATA connection.
The pins on the molex plug are loose, and I'm afraid it maybe wired in the wrong way?

TL;DR
Molex to SATA cable, the 5V and the 12V rails might have been switched.
How do I check?
>>
File: multidick fucking.jpg (284KB, 1087x531px) Image search: [Google]
multidick fucking.jpg
284KB, 1087x531px
What is the most recommended program for Windows that allows you to align and snap windows to a grid on the desktop?
>>
>>58820577
>1. What would be better VirtualBox or QEMU+KVM.
>What's the difference?
KVM and VirtualBox are both hypervisors.
KVM runs as an extension to the linux kernel. If you're using linux, it's faster, and easier to manage many VMs.
VirtualBox is better crossplatform.

>2. How does the guest virtual machine handle the hardware of the host machine?
>For example if I connect a printer through USB port, does the printer's driver have to be installed on the host machine to show on the guest machine?
Depends, if you just blindly pass through USB, it's fine, no need to install drivers.
Most hardware is virtualised and is essentially "made up" for the VMs. If you want to give access to real hardware to the VM, passthrough is what you need to look up.

>3. What about shared folder filesystem format?There is a way to share files between the host and the guest,right?
Yes, multiple ways depending on your VM+Guest OSs, hypervisor, and needs.

>4. To my understanding the whole VM is just a single VMDK file, would storing it on external storage be a better solution?
No, a VMDK is just the hard disk image. VMs don't need to have an attached VMDK, and likewise they can have multiple.

>5. With the exception of malware specifically designed to infect host machine from within the VM, is running a malware in the VM safe?
Most malware can detect VMs and either suspend themselves (to prevent in-VM analysis at AV companies) or try to break out. If you've been asking all this to run a virus lab, you're not skilled enough, don't blow off your own leg here.
>>
>>58820650
Have anything to check for continuity? (Multimeter, ect?).
>>
>>58820487
I'm pretty sure that P3s did have heatsinks.
>>
File: a.jpg (74KB, 672x263px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
74KB, 672x263px
>>58820741
they do, but most of them don't have heatspreaders
>>
>>58820467
>i'm triggered. it's NOT a lubricant

yes it is

>and should never be used as one.

wd40 leaves a *very* light, low viscosity oil layer that acts as as a lubricant and as a result is de facto spray to use where you would want to clean and lubricate something with a very light oil, such as squeaky hinges or things seized with rust

you'd have to be a moron if you're trying to use wd40, which for all intense and purposes is a very light layer of a very light low viscosity oil, on something that requires a high viscosity oil or grease such as gears or chains

the one thing wd40 is shit at is that it can't be used anywhere near bearings or rubber o-rings (often found in chains) because the petroleum products make the rubber brittle; competing sprays like gt85 use ptfe as a lubricant and otherwise don't contain petroleum products so can be used on bike chains, but despite ptfe being a lube often found in bike chains gt85 only applies a very thin layer of a very light lubricant and again should not be used as a bike chain lubricant - it makes a much better spray for cleaning

when used in the right situations wd40 lasts years as a lubricant; the more you know

now please, quit spreading uninformed disinformation, and don't even think about coming back to reply with "but it's a water displacer! not lubricant" or "but it's a solvent! not lubricant!"
>>
>>58820665
I'm pretty sure that it's built in. just drag the window to the edge
>>
File: image_23329.jpg (111KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image_23329.jpg
111KB, 1200x1200px
>>58820739
Yeah, I got this.
>>
File: molexsata.png (44KB, 474x268px) Image search: [Google]
molexsata.png
44KB, 474x268px
>>58820783
Set it to the one just right of the 6oclock position (right of the 200m V option). Check continuity between the respective pins on each side.
>>
Does it make sense to reuse aio parts once any of the those breaks?
Lets say my pump dies, can i use the radiator in a custom loop?
>>
>>58820672
Thanks for replying.
>1
So qemu with virt-manage.
>2
Does qemu allow passthrough?
>3
Good.
>4
How would a VM run if it doesn't have any data?
>5
>run a virus lab
I'm just want to play my moongolian visual novels with auto translate.
>>
>>58820766
I mean having an invisible grid that windows snap to, like I can divide my desktop on one of my monitors into a 3x1 grid (three vertical sections) and have windows align to them. It's for watching multiple feeds.
>>
>>58820577
>1. What would be better VirtualBox or QEMU+KVM.

virtualbox if you want something easy, qemu if you want something you will fine tune (after spending hours reading documentation (it doesn't take this long unless you really get into it))

libvirt is a frontend to qemu, virt-manager is mostly what you'd use if you were considering virtualbox but want qemu

>2. How does the guest virtual machine handle the hardware of the host machine?

vms have been able to pass through and redirect usb ports for decades now, you might find yourself emulating a mouse and keyboard but if you attach a usb device (such as a printer) the guest machine will 'own' it for all intents and purposes (naturally there are caveats, nothing you need to worry about)

>does the printer's driver[...]

no

>There is a way to share files between the host and the guest,right?

common vm methods tend to have ~10gbps network bandwidth between guest and host so network file sharing solutions are popular (samba, ftp, scp, nfs, etc)

if this isn't enough performance you can do some trickery but it's generally not recommended, the usual caveat is that if you want both the guest and host to access it at the same time you're going to have to use a network file sharing solution

>is running a malware in the VM safe?

no; vm escapes can happen, the vm still has network access which can ruin your day pretty quickly, barring that, if you have network attached storage things can get pretty shitty pretty quickly

that said, malware that can actually exploit virtual machines is rare, if you just want to run some cracks or something and have the day ruining somewhat contained you should be mostly fine
>>
File: 2017-02-06-120038_1366x768_scrot.png (100KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-06-120038_1366x768_scrot.png
100KB, 1366x768px
>>58820838
>>1
>So qemu with virt-manage.
you don't even need QEMU unless you have specific needs. KVM+libvirt for virt-manager is more than enough.

>>2
>Does qemu allow passthrough?
Yes, but again, you don't even need QEMU.

>>4
>How would a VM run if it doesn't have any data?
PXE boot, for example. The other implication is that just sending someone a VMDK doesn't allow them to run anything, they still need to make a VM and then attach the drive to it.

>>5
>>run a virus lab
>I'm just want to play my moongolian visual novels with auto translate.
b-baka
>>
File: 1484100506111.jpg (90KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484100506111.jpg
90KB, 600x900px
>>58820825
You mean the diode symbol on the resistance measuring, right?
So according to your pic
It should connect like this
  Molex                      Sata
pin 1 12v pin 13-15 12v
pin 2 GND pin 10-12 GND
pin 3 GND pin 4-6 GND
pin 4 5v pin 7-9 5v

What about the 3.3V? also can there be one GND wire, I mean both of the black GND wires are connected to become a common GND wire?
>>
Anyone here ever heared of the French company Archos and wheter or not they make quality products?

They sell a smartphone, the Archos Diamond S which is only €190 but you seem to get a lot (16 MP camera, Amoled screen, weight is just 120 grams,...)
seems like a pretty sweet deal desu
https://www.archos.com/gb/products/smartphones/diamond/archos_diamonds/index.html#specs
>>
>>58820838

obligatory not the person you're replying to (I'm this guy: >>58820867) but:

>So qemu with virt-manage.

you can happily run qemu from the command line, virt-manager has a gui frontend and can be a little more awkward (or easier, depending on your setup) to change simple things

>Does qemu allow passthrough?

pci passthrough? yes, as should virtualbox, vmware, xen, or whatever modern vm software you pick; try to search for vt-d passthrough (or amd equivalent naming scheme) or gpu/pci passthrough for more relevant results, pci passthrough is still not quite plug and play

>How would a VM run if it doesn't have any data?

in memory or booting off of a network drive, usually

when virtualbox creates a VMDK file it's convenient for the host (because it's just a file) but the guest gets an emulated harddrive that stores data on that file on the host filesyste

if you don't want to use a file to have the guest harddrive you can pass through a physical sata disk (with some effort) but this comes with its own drawbacks; namely it's still an emulated sata controller so performance won't be ideal, you may be able to boot that disk natively but if you're emulating it as an ide drive the guest os might not load the correct driver or like that you're suddenly booting an ide drive (as far as the guest is concerned) as a sata drive (windows in particular, I don't think modern linux distros tend to care)

--

basically I'd suggest just installing libvirt and virt-manager and have a look at some of the more recent pci passthrough tutorials, you can probably set it up in no time and if you're not looking for near native disk performance (especially in write, particularly 4k write)
>>
>>58820867
I see, thanks for replying.
>1
So there isn't much of difference between the two?
>2
What do you mean by own?as in specific user group?
>No need for drivers
That's good.
>3
It's more than enough.
>5
What about pirated OS from questionable sources?

>>58820875
>No need for qemu
Everywhere I read I always see qemu+KVM, so I assumed qemu is necessarily to use kvm.
>passthrough
Which is easier to do that with? KVM/VBox/Qemu?
>Send the VMDK
You mean create entry for the VM then load the VMDK? if so then this was I wanted to ask.
>>
>>58820898
Yup. Doesn't look like there are any 3.3v pins or they shouldn't be in use. A common ground should be fine if the wire is thick enough, sounds pretty cheap though. Personally I'd buy a decent adaptor, they're cheap enough and best not to have a fire in your case.
>>
>>58820943
>passthrough
I'm just interested in USB passthrough.
The printer comes with drivers for windows only and it doesn't seem to be compatible with linux.

>pass through a physical sata disk
You mean you can boot up a preinstalled OS on a external HDD as a VM?
>>
>>58820979
>passthrough
it's easier with VirtualBox
>Send the VMDK
the VMDK is just a disk image. Sending it alone isn't a ready made VM. The recipient would have to create a new VM, and when they get to the stage of configuring the hard disk they can just say "use this file" instead of making a new one. Give it a shot and it'll make more sense.
>>
File: 1472683378905.jpg (141KB, 750x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1472683378905.jpg
141KB, 750x1072px
>>58820997
It's cheap alright.
But that's the best I can do due to where I live.
I'll try looking around to see if I can salvage one from old machines.
>>
>>58820979
>So there isn't much of difference between the two?

the difference is in how you set them up and configure them, virt-manager is generally recommended for permanent solutions but is a pain in the ass to modify (it uses xml config files for instance) but qemu is just ran from the command line, configuration is done by passing arguments or through the qemu console after the vm has launched

>What do you mean by own?as in specific user group?

when you redirect a usb port it's passed through (mostly) directly to the guest machine, the caveats I didn't mention are that if you unplug and replug the device (depending on the configuration of how you decide to pass it through/redirect it) the host machine still hooks it and tries to initialise it until whatever vm software you're using decides to take ownership (and then the guest operating system sees it as a native usb device), as far as I'm aware the host machine can still force disconnect the usb in software and all that sort of stuff

but I'm just rambling, all you need to know is guest operating systems will see the usb device as if they were booted natively (although you might have some problems with some extremely niche hardware)

>What about pirated OS from questionable sources?

well microsoft provide hashes of all isos they've provided (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/hh442898.aspx -- search for your iso then click more details for the sha1 hash) so if you can find an iso that claims to not have been tampered with you can verify that with microsoft itself, and most of the reputable cracks (at least for w7/w8) are arguably safe enough but yeah it should be fine for that

vm escape is rare, the issues you should be concerned about are viruses that want to delete everything they can (they'll be able to delete any network attached storage too), do something unpleasant on your network, etc
>>
>>58820650
Molex plug pins are supposed to be kinda loose, it's a kinda shitty side effect of the standard design.
>>
>>58821106
>tampered OS
I'm after those OSs, like GOLDEN XP.
Or the pre-activated Windows.
Or Mac vmdk in case I need to create a hackintosh.
>Virus that delete everything
That's only if the NAS is set up with write permission?
And the virus would delete the VM only.
What about those ransomware?

I apologize for my stupidity.
>>
Is the android NDK good for C++ on android?
I need to learn C++, and I'd like to create an app whilst doing so
>>
>>58819412
Where the fuck did Lindybeige get a gun? Also with a suppressor?! WTF?
>>
>>58821261
Do you even watch his videos? It features prominently on one of his thumbnails.
Also, did it not occur to you that it's not a real gun?
>>
>>58820765
I've used wd40 on my bike chain weekly for almost 3 years now :^)
>>
anybody with a career in IT have experience with both networking and programming?

im in school right now and ill have to decide between the two eventually
>>
File: worried eat.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
worried eat.gif
140KB, 379x440px
So Yesterday/Saturday I asked a question here resulting ultimatively in my decision to exchange my new Radeon card for a new GeForce. But NOw I have a new Problem:
Linux won't let me in.
>login-screen
>enter passwort
>black screen for a fraction of a second
>login-screen
>same with guest session
This happens regardless of whether I have the new GeForce in or not
I am pretty sure it comes from the amdgpu-pro-Driver.
How do I get rid of it?
I tried disabling my PCI-Port but doesn't work.
any new recommendations?
>>
>>58821556
can you log into another another tty and use the console from there? Ctrl+Alt+F1-6 for ubuntu.
>>
>>58821556
>>58821621
Windows 7 Enterprise Edition doesn't have this problem
>>
I spend the weekend away from my PC, and every time I come back on the Monday, the date and time is wrong. Does my CMOS battery need replaced or is this indicative of a bigger issue? My motherboard is mighty old.
>>
>>58821621
What do you mean "another another tty"?
Another account, doesnt work. Only one account and Guest-session available
>>
>>58821723
http://askubuntu.com/questions/481906/what-does-tty-stand-for/481915#481915
>>
>>58821723
Basically another virtual terminal.

Anyway it sounds like your X server or something is crashing your login as soon as your init system tries to start it (happens automatically when you login).
Try looking at your x logs.
>>
>>58821019
You can even boot up a preinstalled OS on a partition of main internal HDD as a VM, but only if that OS tolerates being tossed around different PCs.
>>
>>58819930
fuck this, i'm just going to fix this with brute force, namely;
- deinterlace the whole thing to 60fps
- 2 cycle decimate to get 30fps
- 5 cycle decimate to get 24fps

this way i always get *something* that isn't combed, and testing so far shows no jerking, which is better than what i've gotten with the ivtc tools i've tried
>>
I want to build a laptop like I would build a desktop what do?
>>
Oh hey it's me again
>>58791651
>>58806648

So apparently I tried to disconnect the gpu again on a windows install that didn't work properly.

This time the other drivers didn't work as well. Audio didn't work, network didn't work.

So this basically means it's either the mobo or the psu(can't provide enough power to the rig, despite being a high quality psu) that has shit itself?

Gonna try putting the gpu into a friend's rig later today. Will report back.
>>
File: 3825.png (143KB, 298x334px) Image search: [Google]
3825.png
143KB, 298x334px
>>58822067
>build a laptop
>>
is deluge the best torrent program?
>>
>>58822067
Get a modular laptop like a thinkpad, and replace everything you can replace with updated versions
>>
>>58818494
How to modify vim colorscheme file, to set the desired colour of brackets?
>>
Alright im a retard and need to ask this.

i need to power like 4 meter of led strip and i calculated that i need like 7 amps 5 volt to power it.

i have one power source that gives 5 amps and another that gives 2 amps can i just hook them both up to the led strip for a combined 7 amps?
>>
Should i mix DDR3l and DDR3 in my T420? one of my DIMMs is dying and i have a 4gb one from another laptop that is DDR3l.
>>
I am buying a nice i7 pretty soon, is it worth getting 32GB of ram ? I am looking at DDR4
>>
is there a good and non tracable way to kill a videocard?
i have a shop warranty until 2018 and i want to exchange my 260x for something better.
>>
>>58822285
this or qbitorrent
>>
1st RAM of:

>Kingston 4GBx1 DDR3 1333MHz CL9 9-9-9-24 240-Pin 1.5V

works with my mobo but another RAM:

>GSkill 4GBx1 DDR3 1333MHz CL9 9-9-9-24 240-Pin 1.5V

doesn't even POST.

PCPartPicker shows them both as compatible with my mobo. Is the GSkill DIMM faulty or what's going on?
>>
>>58822399
5 Arma 3 at the same time.
+ 4 Planet Coaster Tycoon.
+ 1 Beta of Xplane 12
All Maxed
>>
>>58822559
swap slots, if the gskill is detected and not the kingston, the slot is fucked

If the kingston is still the only one detected, the gskill stick doesn't work
>>
>>58822575
Tried the slots every-which way, whenever GSkill is plugged in (solo or even along with the Kingston) it doesn't POST.
>>
>>58822590
Then it must be that RAM stick that is fucked.
>>
>>58822590
>>58822559
I've had GSkill RAM that wont let certain mobo's POST. The memory will probably still work in another board if you can't return it.
>>
>>58822597
I guess.

>>58822611
I don't have any other mobo lying around right now so I'll try to return it probably.

Thanks, love you guys.
>>
>>58822313
When i check the syntax type of marked parens i get hi<> trans<cParen> lo<>
but when i set cParen in color configuration file it does not apply in the edited file
>>
Is there a program on Windows that'll allow me to see IPs connecting to me in real-time and block them?

Currently using Resource Monitor to see IPs and then blocking them in with Firewall rules, and it's really tedious.
>>
any equivalent to On screen display drawer?
>>
i hope noone from /ck/ is here. anways.
are there any monitors out there that have similar dimensions to an imac's 2009 monitor?
>>
What kind of education should I get if I want to move into USA?

So far I've seen mentions of MBA and nurses having a good success rate, lol.
>>
So I'm coding up two wrappers for a project in C++ - one wrapper adapts a basic API and simplifies it, and the second wrapper simplifies the first wrapper.

Only my first wrapper is supposed to interact with the API. However, the first wrapper has members that are types from the API. If my second wrapper accesses those members, would that count as my second wrapper interacting with the API?
>>
What kind of cable do I need to plug my DualShock 3 on my phone?
>>
a bluetooth cable
>>
my apartment has password protected wifi but the password is listed right on their website

if i torrent shit will i be at any risk? i asked someone i know who knows a bit about computers (im clueless) and he said at best they would be able to ban my mac but i could just change it if that happened? is that true?
>>
>>58818494
Do 7mm thick laptop hard drives work in laptops that have slots for 9.5mm hard drives?
It actually fits but there's some space in there
I see conflicting information on google and I want to know whether my drive is dead or if there's a compatibility issue

Also the hard drive itself is one of those newfangled colored western digitals (WD black slim) and the computer I'm using it on is old (celeron processor). Could there be an issue with compatibility there?
>>
>>58822941
that's true, but keep in mind it is possible to approximate where physically someone is connecting from, so don't assume they can't find out who it is
you could make it hard on them by doing things like randomly changing your transmit power and mac address
>>
>>58823051
>randomly changing your transmit power and mac address
to be clear, doing so often, not just when forced to
>>
>>58823043
it should "work" as long as you can get it to connect right

i can only speak for thinkpads, but they have hard drive "cradles"/cages for holding smaller drives than they come with. your laptop might have an accessory like that
>>
>>58823043
yes, though you should put something in there to keep it from moving around
you can get specially-made brackets for this, or just do what i do, use folded paper
>>
>>58818509

AOSP browser. It's literally fine.

Block ads with AdAway
>>
What's a better Figure Of Merit when selecting a magnet for dowloading a torrent?

Seeders - Leechers?

Seeders/Leechers?
>>
File: g.jpg (14KB, 924x235px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
14KB, 924x235px
>>58818494
I've got three computers connected, but the one that is connected directly to the other (which is connected to the router wirelessly) is not seen on the network. What exactly is going on here?
>>
>>58823339
square2 needs to act as a router or switch if you want square1 to be on the same network as square3 and 4
>>
>>58818761
>>58819629
Bumping for answer to this, I have the same problem.
>>
Should I order a pizza or grill a steak for dinner?
>>
is there any benefit to using kali linux instead of just installing ubuntu/etc and then installing the tools i want from kali?
>>
>>58823432
People think you're ahacker
>>
File: CvFcqR2VYAEc2Co.jpg (119KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
CvFcqR2VYAEc2Co.jpg
119KB, 1200x674px
Please for the love of God help me.

I don't know shit about Excel or Google Sheets.

I have a full column in Google sheets where each cell has a Unix timestamp.

How do I convert each cell to a human readable date ?
>>
File: 1485939668475.png (548KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1485939668475.png
548KB, 700x700px
I need to install extra languages for windows.
Where do I find these?
>>
>>58823445
It this thread is still up in ~10 hours I can help you.
>>
File: Untitled.png (796KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
796KB, 1680x1050px
What in the fucks name is this?
>>
>>58823447
google language packs
>>
>>58823518
I think it's axiomatic, it's installing botnets.

>Windows
>Netflix
>>
>>58823520
>language packs
>Windows Update
The machine doesn't have internet connection.
>>
Looking to upgrade to play newer games, if I got a Kaby Lake CPU would I need to use Win10 instead of 7?
>>
>>58823447
Isn't it exclusive for Windows Ultimate?
>>
>>58823445
Where A1 is your timestamp
=DIVIDE(A1, 86400) + 25569

then format the column as datetime.
>>
>>58823604
Windows 7 should be enough. If it's updated it will send the same personal information.

I'm running Linux and it's a fucking pain in the ass having to compile all my info and send it by regular mail over to Albuquerque each month.
>>
>>58823604
You can use 7 with Kaby lake.
>>
>>58823563
There are offline .lp files(languagepack executable).
>>
>>58818494
I can't into git. Recommend me some GUI for it. It's my last hope, /g/uyse
>>
>>58818761
just restart Firefox every couple of hours
>>
>>58818761
iktf bruh. my waterfox can eat all the RAM. whole 16GB
>>
>>58823754
>There are offline .lp files(languagepack executable).
Not for japanese.
>>
>>58823988
Which windows version?
Why do you need japanese in first place?
>>
>>58819629
>51.0.1(64-bit)
>Shockwave flash
You had it coming
>>
>>58824001
WinXP and Win7.
Need it to play japanese porn games.
>>
>>58824021
You only need applocale for that you idiot.

Install HFApplocale.
>>
Can't find a good torrent of camtasia studio, help plz

or recommend the freetard alternative
>>
>>58823518
Firefox DRM addons so you can play shit, used to get installed shortly after first launch but I guess the install method changed.

Look in your plugins list and google firefox drm
>>
File: 1486235832152.jpg (287KB, 754x912px) Image search: [Google]
1486235832152.jpg
287KB, 754x912px
I want to learn the ins and outs of IRC. What would be a good source so I know enough to make a server and ect? Thanks in advance.
>>
File: file.png (56KB, 663x470px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
56KB, 663x470px
I need to upgrade my CPU but my mobo socket is FM2+ and to my understanding I won't be able to get much more out of it without upgrading my entire mobo.

What's the most cost-effective way to go about this? I really don't want to drop more than $300 for both the processor and mobo and want to keep from needing to replace anything else for compatibility reasons
>>
>>58824164
Save and buy another CPU and motherboard and RAM.

Everything else will be compatible.

Locked I5 and a B150/B250 motherboard should be $300.
>>
>>58824164
>get the best CPU for your socket
>OC it
there's no magical way
>>
>>58818509
firefox because ublock origin
>>
Alright guys. I seen a video where a man had a USB antenna connected to his laptop and collected the various data that was being transmitted to him nearby to other devices and what not. What exactly was this device?
>>
>>58818761
go through this
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Memory_Leak
helps a bit
>>
>>58824227
Packet sniffing?
>>
File: download (1).jpg (6KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6KB, 215x235px
I know this is crazy but just hear me out. I have a razer deathadder chroma mouse and recently it would stop responding after I leave my seat for a few moments to go to the toilet or cook something. My first hypothesis was that the mouse will occasionally stop responding after being idle for longer than 2 minutes. So I set up experiments where I would not touch the mouse or keyboard but remain in my seat for 5 minutes at random times during the day. After about 30 trials I've come to the conclusion that it only stops responding if I leave the room. One of my controls was leaving the mouse idle but standing up and that didn't work. Another is to account for static electricity by walking in place and rubbing my feet on the carpet but that wasn't the cause either. Everything I've done shows that I have to physically leave the room for a few minutes and come back. I have no webcam so the computer can't know if I'm in the room. I'm running out of experiments to single out the cause and it's driving me insane.
>>
Alright, I would like your opinions, For home network WiFi, Linksys, Netgear, Or TP-Link?
>>
File: logo_new800.png (15KB, 799x194px) Image search: [Google]
logo_new800.png
15KB, 799x194px
>>58824295
None of those, but pic related
>>
>>58824295
Out those?
TP-Link PCIe.
Spend more than $20 on it.
>>
>>58824295
tp-link
>>
>>58824249
Is that just the general term for what he was doing? That sounds like it would be it.
>>
>>58824332
Yeah, its easy to do.
Usually illegal.
>>
>>58824313
>mikrotik
Unifi
I like Mikrotik's CCR series, but their home networking equipment is trash unless you're willing to learn routeros.
>>
>>58824356
I'm guessing I could just Google this. Any recommendations then? I just want to test things around my home
>>
>>58824383
Sure anon, sure.

There was a guide in the wiki, not sure if it got removed.
>>
Is there a reason to use float over double or the other way around?
>>
>>58824383
google arp cache poisoning
>>
Best way to dust off my pc?
>>
>>58824321
>>58824331
Alright thank you. What do you guys think about
https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wireless-Technology-Archer-C2600/dp/B010UR8AM2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1486406223&sr=8-6&keywords=Tp+Link+AC
I do have a 4k capable tv. Think it might be overkill?
>>
>>58824425
Get a new paint brush.
A can of canned air (Or buy a datavac for the long run).

Desktop?
Open the case and just spray shit around with the can.
Try to dont do it directly or tilt the can since liquid can come out.
It wont damage anything and will evaporate in 2-3 seconds but still dont do it.
It will be strong enough to blow everything out.

Brush dirt that doesnt come off.

What is more important is that hold the fans if you are going to spray directly with the can because you can fuck them if you make spin them too fast.
>>
>>58824391
So I could be wrong. But does this only work for connection A?

Or can just be a general data net so to speak?

For instance the data that's being thrown around and whatnot could be from the neighbors wifi. My phones 4g. Brothers phone etc.

So to see what's being used I would have to be connected to a network and the other device would need to be connected to it as well?
>>
>>58824478
If you want you can pickup everything.
>>
>>58824456
Probably a bit overkill unless you actually plan on streaming 4k to multiple devices simultaneously. I have an archer c7 ($85) and it handles 4k streaming just fine.
>>
>>58824185
Ram would cost another $130 alone. I was hoping for a way I could bring my current cards over.
>>
Any buddy got a custom css to set the position of the thread watcher? It always covers [Return] [Catalog] links when I clear my cookies.
>>
>>58824549
Ah that's what I was figuring, the speeds they advertise are never true hah. I was only looking at the fact that the c7 has a single core while the higher archers have a duel core.
>>
When should I go for LTS versions of Ubuntu flavors or any other distro? Or why should I not?
>>
>>58821735
>>58821738
It worked, thanks.
But Now I have two questions:
How do I update the driver? The X-Server programm says my driver version is 367 but the newest driver on the site is 375. It isn't available through the repository yet. Installing the driver requires X server to to be terminated. Is there something like the task manager for Linux?
Also, for my new monitor, the contrast settings are really fucked up. the contrast setting in the monitors menu doesnt do shit and I cant find it in Ubuntu 16.04. Neither in the System Settings, Tweak Tool or XServer
>>
File: 20170206_142233.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170206_142233.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
Uh what do?
>>
File: git.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
git.png
7KB, 420x420px
What is the best way to find projects you could contribute to?
I'm looking for something nice for a begginer,using C#
>>
What is the best place to find open source software for windows? Should I more or less trust everything on github?
>>
>>58824965
well it is a stupid question

on the other hand
>>
i need to move my winshit to a new drive
what was the way to do it on linux? some neat command i can't remember...
>>
>>58825078
cp
>>
>>58824727
LTS doesn't get the bleeding edge features, which doesn't usually matter to most people. If you don't update for a long time (1 year+) it can be a lot to catch up on. A fresh install can be a little slimmer rather than just updating perpetually. But LTS is pretty simple. It's just whether you want to bother with updating more often, or if you even care if your distro updates. A lot of people have systems they don't want messed with very often. A server for instance would be better off with more stability
>>
File: Facebook-logo.png (184KB, 1622x816px) Image search: [Google]
Facebook-logo.png
184KB, 1622x816px
>>58818494
Anyone happen to know the best way to find old picture on facebook? I need to find pic from 7 or 8th month of 2016. Problem is that facebook page that picture is on has high traffic, they posted more than 20k pics since then, scrolling would take forever with my internet speed (10mb). Is there any way to search for pictures my date or other alternative?
>>
>>58825088
copying doesn't work well. there was something else
>>
File: huehuehue.jpg (159KB, 1920x542px) Image search: [Google]
huehuehue.jpg
159KB, 1920x542px
what do I need to do to get mpchc (left) to display subs like mpv (right) does?
>>
>>58825131
>doesn't work well.
The fuck you on about
>>
File: .jpg (101KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
101KB, 1024x768px
Skype will disable p2p next month and my Skype 4.2 is going to die.
New versions look like shit and even have ads that are troublesome to block, not to mention limited viewable history and transfer filesize limit.
What should I use?
>>
>>58824660
That's probably the least useful stat to go off of. Anything that does AC should be able to keep up with it. Beyond that the only thing that matters is signal strength and number of antennas. And additional antennas are only useful if your other devices also have multiple antennas.
>>
>>58825139
problems with MBR and NTFS boot sector
>>
>>58825191
i remember now
dd
you guys suck
>>
>>58825131
http://www.freefilesync.org/
>>
>>58825172
Ahh thank you anon
>>
>>58825097
Is that why my Xubuntu always seems to need an update, and why it updated to the newest version of Ubuntu? I don't remember which version I installed.

Still not sure if I should go with Kubuntu or the LTS version.

Thanks for some explanations though, anon.
>>
>>58825322
Most people are fine with regular, but if you don't like the update process you can go LTS. Any reason why you chose KDE?
>>
>>58824397
float fast
double accurate
>>
>>58825053

so uh what do I do?
>>
>>58825357
Thanks
>>
How do people like Notch and other self made billionaires become billionaires with codes?

Do they do everything from scratch or can they use classes already set up like something from the Java api?

I'm new to programming so please forgive my ignorance.
>>
File: Untitled.png (58KB, 480x892px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
58KB, 480x892px
im trying to run my botnet drive but it keeps giving me this same exact set of errors. ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and revo uninstalling all files and registry keys along with it and its still giving the same errors. any ideas?
>>
>>58823676
>>58823506

The equation worked. Thanks.
>>
>>58825344
Wanting to try something new on my desktop. Going to keep Xubuntu on my laptop. I doubt it's much different, but kiind of like the looks of it. I've asked around on what would be a good distro to try games on as I was interested in playing some games on it. Or trying games out at least.
>>
>>58825421
He just happened to make an idea a lot of people liked and wanted to pay money for. Nothing to do with his coding. It's the idea and how well it will sell.

You could have terrible coding, but if it's a program people want they will buy it.
>>
>>58825542

So if I want to make my own game and sell it is it ok if I use classes from the Java Api or any other free library from other languages?
>>
>>58824247

Hasn't mozilla been denying this for years?
>>
>>58825574
I'm not sure about that, but hey if you can get it to work and run well enough then probably. People make sellable games out of GameMaker and it's essentially drag and drop.
>>
>>58822164
Okay so I put the graphics card into an entirely other pc and got the exact same issue. The pc wouldn't boot.

How the fuck can a faulty graphic card prevent windows to boot, and force it to reboot?
>>
I don't know if this belongs in this thread or the pc building one, but what's the best cpu I could use with my msi sli krait z97s? Currently I'm using an i5 4460 but I'm tempted to upgrade. DDR3 of course.
>>
>>58825526
They're about on oposite ends of the spectrum. Xubuntu is very minimalist. When I first tried it I didn't like it for that reason. Kubuntu is very heavy and throws everything and the kitchen sink in. It's not my cup of tea, but knock yourself out. Another one you might consider is mint/cinnamon. Also you can throw multiple DEs on one copy of ubuntu if you want to compare the differences.
>>
File: .jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>58825151
Bump.
>>
>>58825733
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Windows_software#Voice-Over-IP_.28VoIP.29_clients
>>
>>58818494
I am trying to get Teamviewer for Raspberry ARM installed, but it keeps throwing this dependency problem, does anyone know what packages teamviewer arm depends on?
>>
>>58824898
Anyone? changing contrast in Ubuntu.
>>
Where is a good place to get lists of things?

More specifically, I need lists of things like emotions, tragedies, the different kinds of permissions there might be in like close quarters ( allow sure but what about avow, relegate and some of the more sublty permissive deals? ), authorities ( just different kinds ) and trends ( like possible ones, made up ones, and even ones that have passed. )

I am currently working on a program and want to use these lists specifically to develop a system that relates the words with their appropriate actions in tow.

I figure there will be more but since I'm making these characters the npcs that fight you and making them fight you for a reason I need to make sure that my reasons closely tie in ways that I know make it possible for them to react that way. I may need to make them react irresponsibly from time to time in order to increase entropy in the interactions. I also want to create a warning system for any gamers that may find themselves in similar situations.

I have some assholes trying to start shit for me and all based off of threats they made on me, after all I did was beat them at a game. I am going to finish this and hand it out so that people can learn their game and learn about keeping safe around them too. Sorry if this is cheesy but that is fucked up.
>>
I didn't mean gamers but yeah anyone that happens to display even an ounce of skill around them and the likes of them. Not to throw it at everyone.
>>
>>58826014
What the fuck am I reading
>>
>>58825363
have you tried turning it off and on again????
>>
>>58820898
who dis semen demon?
>>
>>58818494
Can I still use Windows 10 without a product key?
>>
My father buy a Nokia Lumia 521 with the T-Mobile carrier where doesnt work and the unlock codes are very expensives in my country.

¿How can i unlock it?
>>
>>58826333
yes it just doesn't let you change the desktop background (?) and has an annoying "ACTIVATE WINDOWS 10" watermark in the bottom right corner of the screen

i dont know why you would want it over 7 though unless you're really into bdsm and you jerk off to the image of Bill Gates shoving startmenu+lockscreen ads down your throat
>>
Anybody know of a good image downloader for 4chan? A script is preferred.
Im too retarded to make this work for some reason
https://github.com/rGalrito/image-crawler
>>
>>58826413
I'm building a budget gaming PC and I'm cutting as many corners as possible because I'm a poorfag.
>>
>>58826432
so pirate 7 instead
>>
What Linux distro can I use that works with a proprietary (Windows only) wireless card?
There aren't any drivers for the card that work in Linux either and I don't have an Ethernet cable so I need something that works right out of the box with it.
>>
So how do I get an Empornium account?
>>
>>58826479
I'd prefer not to pirate.
>>
>>58826588
Not him but unless you are running a business that falls under software audit checks there is no problem about pirating 7 with Daz loader.
>>
I need a new mouse.

Should buy a new mouse from walmart or save and wait and buy one from amazon mexico?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
FUCK THIS PIECE OF SHIT

Fuck fuck fuck you.

I had bluetooth working PERFECTLY. It would signal my speaker to turn on automatically when I booted up.

Turn it on today and WOW, IT'S FUCKING NOTHING. My bluetooth device is suddenly gone and there's no fucking program to manage any device.

What the fuck do I do?
>>
>>58826615
This.
>>
File: Capture.png (59KB, 497x982px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
59KB, 497x982px
I've posted a bunch of times about this:

I recently finished building a PC.
I set it up and started using it, everything went as expected. I opened Overwatch to test it out, the game ran fine with its default (lowest) settings, I tried setting it to a higher resolution and maximum framerate from 30fps to 75fps. As soon as I clicked on apply, the computer shut down and rebooted. This happens with any other 3D intensive program, Benchmarks do it, Dolphin at max resolution sometimes does it, others it manages to stay longer, but there's some FPS fluctuation. After researching a bit I came to the conclusion it was my PSU, a generic raidmax PSU rated at 500W. I then ordered a new EVGA 600W 80+ PSU as a replacement.

After installing the new PSU, I thought the problem would be solved, however, it persisted.

I tested RAM with memtest, the disk with chkdsk and other tools, I can run the CPU to its max load for as long as I want, I can leave the PC on forever; it only happens during intensive 3D programs.

Now, all i can suspect is my room outlets not giving enough power. I ran CPUID and got these readings, I wanted to ask; are these normal readings?

I am specially worried about the Powers section, Package says 10W and this is while running Overwatch on the lowest settings which the system can handle. It can fall down as low as <3W. After searching what this is, I read people who read 113W all the time, is this what I should be getting?

Is this the proof of it being my power outlets?

I've tested the PC in other outlets inside my room, but I haven't tested it outside my room. I'm planning to do so, but if anyone can provide insight about anything abnormal in these readings, please.

I'm dying ;_;
>>
>>58826645
Reinstall bluetooth drivers.
>>
>>58826588
you afraid of hurting Microsoft's bottom line?
it's a giant faceless corporation that doesn't give a fuck about you, anon
>>
Is 35-36 °C a regular idle temp for my sandy bridge i5?
What should the ideal idle temp for i5 Ivy bridge be?
>>
>>58826671
Desktop sandy yes.
Mobile sandy fuck yes.
>>
How does Botnet Maps know traffic conditions?
>>
>>58826653
I had a similar problem, the solution was that my GPU wasn't properly seated or that the cable connecting it to the PSU wasn't properly in place
>>
>>58826615
>>58826647
>>58826670
I don't like to break laws, so I try not to when ever I can. I don't care about Microsoft's finances. I do care about staying within the law.
>>
Got my first phone and it won't play Youtube in the background on Chrome, but will play webms; everytime I switch tabs away from YouTube on my phone, the video stops and it has to reload everytime I switch back. Any help? I just want to listen to music in the background of my phone.
>>
>>58826718
Where are you from?

Also there is no way to tell w7 has been cracked if you used Daz.
>>
>>58826708
Cables are correctly set, I'm using IGPU; My power consumption should be really low, which makes matters even stranger.

I'm running Kabylake G4600 on a B150 motherboard. I kind of suspect either bad motherboard, bad drivers or somehow bad CPU.

But I don't really have a way of telling what's wrong
>>
>>58826718
For safety or moral reasons?

You can buy it cheap off of kinguin if you want. Also

http://www.windowscentral.com/you-do-not-need-activate-windows-10
>>
Is it stupid to buy a new phone if your current phone is COMPLETELY dead?
Current phone is 3 years old (HTC desire) looking to purchase a galaxy s7
>>
>>58818761
.t windows use
>>
>>58826810
>Is it stupid to buy a new phone if your current phone is COMPLETELY dead?
Why would it be?
>>
>>58826634
Literally any mouse is good meanwhile is not a chink/noname brand right?
>>
I'm having problem with browser-sync on ubuntu.
Someone know how to make it work properly?
>>
>osx
>have to hold on scroll button in order to scroll
>seemingly there's no option to scroll like a well adjusted human.

it's awful. Any way to solve this?
>>
>>58826843
Oh shit, my bad I meant if it ISN'T completely dead. There are things wrong with it like the volume button is broke, but it still turns on
>>
Trying to make a 4chan board parser and am currently using the 4Chan API (here: https://github.com/4chan/4chan-API)

How do I even begin to organize the data?

Here's what I have so far:
import json
from urllib2 import urlopen
url = "https://a.4cdn.org/g/catalog.json"
jsonurl = urlopen(url)
text = json.loads(jsonurl.read())

print_text = text.split(', ')

(Sort of related question, what types of libraries are available for JSON for C/C++? I'm thinking of making this a larger scale project and feel like those C++ would be better than python)
>>
>>58826667

Nothing happened.
>>
>>58826888
Well since your phone is 7 years old, no, it would be a really good idea.
>>
So I download a lot of games and programs from TPB. Scared of having viruses or some keylogger, I installed Malwarebytes. It didn't find anything, and I've been using this Windows install for about a year now. How come? Does the Windows 8 MSE defender work that good? Because it's so silent, I forget it even exists.
>>
>>58825654
Which is why I tend to keep Xubuntu on my laptop. My desktop can take some more though. I heard Mint/Cinnamon was a good one too, but I tried it before. Just wasn't a fan of the GUI which I think is kind of big.
Multiple DEs?

Is there anything that might be in the between? I was thinking of KDE Neon or Bunsen, as different as those sound.
>>
>>58826718
I don't know what kind of charges you can get by pirating Windows, but you might as well go with a Linux distro.
>>
File: Innocence dies.jpg (167KB, 634x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Innocence dies.jpg
167KB, 634x1008px
>>58818494
I wanna kill myself now.
Every time I close and open Opera, the speed dial stays the same, and the theme reverts to default. When I go to bookmarks and clikc on Other Speeds Dials they just keep increasing every time. Any bookmarks I add are put the in new speed dials. This started happening after I installed Avast(I deleted it and it still keeps happening.) How do I fix this? I'm used to Opera bookmarks I really don't want to change browsers.
>>
Has anyone used SteamOS here? Wondering how it is. I kind of want to try it, but I don't know if I want Steam's cock all up in my computer. Same reason I don't want to use Ubuntu because of Amazon's cock. Though I heard they removed all that.)
>>
>>58825615
Any insight?
>>
>>58826885
two finger swipe on touchpad
one finger scroll on that magic mouse thing
>>
>>58827123
i'm using a 3rd party one.

seems that chrome is the actual troublemaker here, however.
>>
So /g/, how does one protect network shares against something like a cryptolocker infecting a computer which has the share mounted? Is there any way other than making the share not writable? That's a pretty extreme solution and will interfere with a lot of use cases. Any good ideas?
>>
>>58827035
Forget the DE part, that's a little embarrassing.
>>
>>58826653
Feel like I'm getting somewhere here, tested it on another room, the wattage spiked to 20W during testing and the benchmark ran for slightly longer, however it did reboot again. Testing on the first floor where perhaps power is greater.
>>
>>58827035
I don't know much about neon, just heard that historically it's been a little bloated. It's all personal preference. Mate is also good. If you install multiple environments you can just pick whichever one you want at login. You could have a different one for every day of the week if you felt like it
>>
>>58827428
I think I'd just like to stick to one for now. Maybe move onto harder stuff once I get more familiarized. Guess I'll still try both. Thanks for the info, anon.
>>
>>58827292
Have you tried another motherboard or CPU?
>>
Please, can someone tell me how to fix font rendering on Windows 10? I just started using it for work and it's literally making my eyes bleed.
>>
Which are better, PS2 or USB mouse/keyboards?

Why one over the other?
>>
>>58827734
PS/2 for keyboards
probably for mouses as well but that needs more testing
>>
>make kubuntu live usb
>plug in desktop
>start kubuntu
>monitors go off
>give it a minute
>nothing
>try it on my laptop
>works fine
Does this have anything to do with my 970?
>>
Is there a way in Android to move the files from /data partition in the internal memory to the SD Card?
>>
>>58826753
Iowa
>>58826802
Moral reasons.
>>58827050
I plan on dual booting Linux, but even with Wine I can't play all the games I want to.
>>
>>58826802
Also, I knew that I could use Windows without activating it, but I couldn't find any info about if Microsoft did away with that or not, hence why I asked.
>>
How loud should the HDD on my Laptop be?
I can't tell if my fans are really loud or if the combination of fans + HDD is loud.

Is there a way I can turn off the fans and see if it's just the HDD?
>>
File: 7-PIN-1-4-6-35mm-Stereo.jpg (111KB, 800x826px) Image search: [Google]
7-PIN-1-4-6-35mm-Stereo.jpg
111KB, 800x826px
i'm refurbishing some old hifi equipment and i should replace a broken mono mic jack that looks like pic related with the following posts' pic, can anyone help me with wiring in the new jack because i've got no idea what each pin is for
>>
>>58818494
Is there a way in HTML to show data from a sql table on the page? Everywhere I've searched for shows me how to to it with PHP, but I'm no webdev and I only know the basics of html.
>>
>>58827026
the biggest factor in how many viruses you get is how much of a retard you are
if you download biganimetitties.mp4.exe off of some random website and run it you will get a virus
if you don't, you won't. unless something exploits a 0day to get onto your computer
the majority of computer users are retards who WILL click on the "you're the millionth visitor! you've won a free iphone" bullshit, which is why the majority need antivirus software
>>
>>58827071
>So, what is SteamOS?

>SteamOS is a public release of our Linux-based operating system. The base system draws from Debian 8, code named Debian Jessie. Our work builds on top of the solid Debian core and optimizes it for a living room experience. Most of all, it is an open Linux platform that leaves you in full control. You can take charge of your system and install new software or content as you want.

>So, what is it not?

>Users should not consider SteamOS as a replacement for their desktop operating system. SteamOS is being designed and optimized for the living room experience.

it's just a debian distro with steam preinstalled and an interface designed to be navigated with a controller on your couch
if it's on an actual desktop and you own a real keyboard, you can just install a normal linux distro and throw steam into it...
>>
>>58827201
don't give retards admin access and they won't infect your network with viruses
>>
Verbatin or Logitech low end mouse?
>>
>>58826933
4chan is made of named boards, which consist of many threads, which consist of many posts - so the most obvious structure would be a dict of lists of lists. If you want to get fancy, you can make each type a dict/class to hold extra metadata.
For example:
fourchan = {
"g": {
"name": "Technology",
"threads": [
[{"img": "urlhere", "text": "thread1post1"}, {"img": None, "text": "thread1post2"}],
[{"img": "urlhere", "text": "thread2post1"}]
]
}
}

add fields to taste.

As for C++, don't even think about it yet. Python makes reasoning about data and structures easy. If you can't easily think about the data in Python yet, just get that working as a prototype first. Once you understand the API and structures, then you can move to C++.
>>
>>58828020
By the time the content has been rendered into HTML, the SQL is out of scope.

SQL generates server side, by a language such as PHP/Python/Ruby etc, which uses the results to generate HTML tables. At best, you could update the backend (PHP/Python/Ruby etc) to add the query/data in a HTML comment or tooltip - but really, you're attacking this at the wrong layer.
>>
>>58818494

Upgrading from my Phenom II, 8GB, with RX480. Q: How much money should I save for the Zen + AM4 launch (including ram)? Is there any reason for me to buy the more expensive enthusiast motherboard over the mainstream board?
>>
>>58828189
I know i shouldnt bumb but, anyone?

Its a no name verbatim mouse but i like the shape against a logitech m105.
>>
>>58819196
The stock drivers/Crimson can be used for overclocking.

The new Crimson drivers should let you set fan curves/thresholds. Update your shit.

The settings available often are different based on which generation card you have.
>>
>>58828407
It literally makes no difference what low end mouse you buy.
A mouse is a mouse.
>>
>>58819269
There is a plugin/program you can use with MPC for interpolation up to 60/144fps.

It's called SVP(Smooth Video Project) and works really well for me. My GPU's take care of all the heavy lifting when rendering new frames.

I'd imagine SVP would make a mobile processor with integrated graphics bleed. So don't expect it to work on low spec systems.

Makes my anime buttery smooth.
>>
>>58828142
Yeah, obviously. I think it must be over 15 years since I've had any sort of infection, I'd just like to be safe against something like that if it does happen.

All I've managed to come up with is to make the main share read-only and then have another share (just a single folder) which has full read/write access. That way files can be uploaded to the server in the writable directory and then moved to the correct location via ssh or some shit. It's kind of a pain in the ass though.
>>
>>58819482
Yeah, you have to take latency into account.
>>
>>58820487
>So around Pentium III / IV I think

Both Pentium III's and 4's had heatsinks.

Shit even Pentium MMX/Pro used heatsinks.

8080's did not.
>>
>>58828575
mouse, keyboard, monitor are all hugely important for ergonomics and precision
>>
>>58820765
>for all intense and purposes

The saying is "intents and purposes", not intense and purposes. Drives me crazy when people get it wrong.
>>
>>58820834
Yes just make sure to note the type of metal used so you don't use a coolant that corrodes it.

The fittings might also be iffy. Different sizes, ghetto adapters, not stretchy enough, etc. It sounds like a bad seal waiting to happen.
>>
>>58828962
for all intensive purposes, i could care less
>>
>>58820905
/spg/
>>
>>58820765
>Myth: WD-40® Multi-Use Product should not be used on bike chains.

>Fact: While WD-40® Multi-Use Product it is not a grease, it is formulated with strong lubricating oils and other ingredients, and is a terrific product to use for bike maintenance. It does not attract dirt or moisture to metal surfaces – just be sure to wipe off any excess WD-40® Multi-Use Product before riding.

>For long-term lubrication and other specialized bicycle maintenance needs, check out WD-40® BIKE. Developed specifically for cyclists and mechanics, this high-performance line of bicycle care products is sure to become a mainstay in the toolboxes of bike mechanics for decades.
https://wd40.com/cool-stuff/myths-legends-fun-facts
>>
>>58829053
You mean you couldn't care less.
>>
File: koboglohdreview-5952.jpg (1MB, 1999x1379px) Image search: [Google]
koboglohdreview-5952.jpg
1MB, 1999x1379px
Any reason why people recommend the Kobo Glo HD over the Aura One?

Is the smaller size an advantage?

Currently there's only Japanese Glo HD available on ebay, will i encounter problems with one?
>>
>>58821678
Check your time server settings first. Also check your timezone settings.

Ideally when the system is powered off your PSU should still pass 5v through for standby power. Time should still be kept though power cycles as long as it's plugged in and the kill switch on the PSU does not get flipped.

If your time/date is way off you can run into problems verifying certificates that have sane expiration/issue dates.
>>
>>58829199
no, i don't
>>
>>58818761
mashiro tan a qt
>>
>>58822349
NO

That L stands for low power. They use 1.35v instead of 1.5v

Don't mix them. I'd bet good money that your system cannot set voltage independently for each slot.
>>
>>58818715
>datasave
>>
>>58822350
>is it worth getting 32GB of ram

Yes
>>
>>58829267
T420 can do it but yeah, its not a good idea.
>>
>>58829297
I don't know whether it's more stupid that you replied to an 18 hour old post, or that I'm still here. Chrome mobile offers a feature to conserve mobile data use like opera's vpn.
>>
File: speakersetup_01.jpg (339KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
speakersetup_01.jpg
339KB, 1920x1080px
Okay, how do I utilize a surround sound setup on my computer. I can build a computer, but I know nothing of sound equipment at all.

Is this how it works?:
Yellow - the SPDIF out which I use optical cables for which will plug into the SPDIF in/Optical In on the back of an A/V Receiver*

Blue - Once that's plugged in, I just plug in a bunch of surround sound speakers into those outputs which will go to power those individual speakers?**

Green - I keep seeing battlestation setups with these little boxes which I'm told are "DACs" which throws me off because ... that's not a receiver like all these AV ones I search for on Amazon.

* - I never see anyone with a whole receiver in their battlestation which leads me to think that there's something wrong with that setup

** - where the fuck do you even buy the speakers for those outputs? "AV speakers" yield no results.
>>
New Thread

>>58829349
>>58829349
>>58829349
>>58829349
>>
>>58828407
Well bought the Logitech M105.

My old HP UV0009 just bought the farm so i needed a quick replacement.
The mouse
>>
>>58827654
no access to either.
Checked BIOS Hardware monitor, voltages are actually stable except for IGPU, which is marked as 0.0008V. Just going to conclude this is either BIOS problem or Motherboard problem.

If it still reboots once I get a dedicated card, then I'll have to replace it. Meanwhile I can still use it for regular purposes.
>>
>>58828088
Yeah I don't get stuff from sites like that. I just thought all TPB releases had some sort of keylogger on them because why not
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.