[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Ubuntu Touch always destined to fail?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: ubuntu-lead-1.jpg (181KB, 670x378px) Image search: [Google]
ubuntu-lead-1.jpg
181KB, 670x378px
Was Ubuntu Touch always destined to fail?
>>
>>58814921
Yes.
>>
Yep.

Android has a strangehold on the market and is fully customizable after root on top of being based in Linux. Literally no reason to use it.
>>
>>58814969
all of this is true

but i wish it wasn't

i was stoked for the ubuntu phone release when i heard about it but it ended up being worthless
>>
>>58814921
Yeah. The name is stupid and it's fucking ugly.
>>
>>58814921
Of course it was.
>>
How did they manage to underestimate development time by 100x? It sounds like it would have been a disaster if their kickstarter succeeded.
>>
Yes.

It has absolutely no purpose or benefit. iOS does what it should and Android does what it should. No purpose for anything else. One of the reasons Windows Phone failed.

Android does everything you want and the possibilities are endless if you root. It has a massive community just for it. In fact, you can do the features that they were showing off via root and a bit of knowledge. Or just use Pushbullet.

I believe that was one of their features. Something about continuity. Which both iOS and Android are working on. It also didn't have any exclusive features that made it worth it. Ones that weren't on Android and weren't possible with root.

Garbage.
>>
>>58816663
A VP at Apple said that they are not doing continuum for iOS and will keep Mac OS.

Android didn't even hint at continuum until last year. The Ubuntu phone kickstarter is like 5 years old now.
>>
>>58814921
Pretty much, it was just a joke OS like linux and a few people took the joke too far.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.