[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FBI and iOS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0558.jpg (82KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0558.jpg
82KB, 950x534px
Did apple fix the backdoor the FBI used to break into the San Bernardino shooter phone? Or is that still there for the FBI to use?
>>
Does anybody know?
>>
File: 1458154447459.png (345KB, 728x945px) Image search: [Google]
1458154447459.png
345KB, 728x945px
>>58813308
>>
File: IMG_0561.png (364KB, 476x492px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0561.png
364KB, 476x492px
>>58813480
I hate apple now.

The only real way to be private these days is to write stuff down and burn the evidence behind closed doors. What'll happen when nano technology invades every meter of air? There will be literally no way to escape it.

Can we really call ourselves humans while we build ourselves a technological prison in which we forgo the fundamental part of the human experience that is privacy?
>>
>>58813308
What are you talking lad?
>>
>>58813480
>>58813480
I don't think that this image will help. Most /g/ is full of Hillary shills and cucks.
>>
File: original.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>58813308
>believing apples PR stunt

fucking lel
>>
>>58813638
Privacy enables terrorists. You don't need encryption and if you had nothing to hide, you would be okay with FBI access to your phone you anti american cuck
>>
>>58813691
Are you attempting to bait someone with that low quality stuff?
>>
>>58813691
Try harder.
>>
File: 1458502093001.png (190KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
1458502093001.png
190KB, 1280x854px
>>58813691
>>
>>58813467
That Back door only works on 32bit devices without Touch ID
>>
>>58813480
>>58813638
This is fake news. The Apple VP was talking about data synced from iCloud. The article is misleading people into thinking the data comes from using a backdoor.
>>
>>58813308
there was no backdoor.

iphone in question was an old iphone without a secure enclave so you could clone the Flash chips and run programs that bruteforce PIN.

that's now impossibl (anything after iphone 5s is now impossible to crack).

>>58813480
that's email. email is not encrypted by any big US corporation.
>>
File: touch-id.jpg (316KB, 1544x1062px) Image search: [Google]
touch-id.jpg
316KB, 1544x1062px
>>58813308
The backdoor is only on the iPhone 5C and earlier. Anything with Touch ID (5S and after) doesn't have the backdoor.
>>
>>58814952
>>58815087
>>58815170
d e s p e r a t e
>>
>>58813308
>trusting big companies
No. The freetards were and are right. If you can't view the source code, you should consider it to be not only insecure, but malicious. Get an old Thinkpad, install Libreboot, and then install Debian and encrypt. That's how you stay safe. All smartphones are compromised. Carry an iPod classic or any other media player that can't connect to the internet if you want music and podcasts on the go. For a phone, use some cheap prepaid flip phone and remove the battery when you're not using it. Smash it after 3 months and buy a new one. Always buy the phones/cards with cash only. There is no other way to be free from the dragnet surveillance.

>>58814756
TouchID is 64-bit only.

>>58815087
What you're describing is NAND mirroring and it's not dependent on the secure enclave. All devices (at least the ones with flash memory) are vulnerable to this, regardless of encryption or jailbreaks or whatever. It has been known for a long time that if an attacker gets physical access, you're fucked.

>>58815170
You're wrong. See above.
>>
>>58815212
But its true, they only managed to break in the 5c
>>
File: 1466723806538.png (198KB, 993x1306px) Image search: [Google]
1466723806538.png
198KB, 993x1306px
>>58815230
>>What you're describing is NAND mirroring and it's not dependent on the secure enclave. All devices (at least the ones with flash memory) are vulnerable to this, regardless of encryption or jailbreaks or whatever. It has been known for a long time that if an attacker gets physical access, you're fucked.
That's not true at all. In fact, it's patently FALSE. It's impossible to do NAND mirroring if you have secure enclave because everything in Flash memory is encrypted with keys from secure enclave.

https://www.apple.com/business/docs/iOS_Security_Guide.pdf

see pic

And this is why none of the forensics packages can crack iphone these days. They can crack older ones without Secure Enclave (bruteforcing PINs) but not new ones.
>>
>>58815170
>backdoor
if that's a backdoor than every Android ever made is backdoored.

it's just a hardware weakness.
>>
>>58813691
This.

I still dont get why a bunch of basement virgins care about privacy so much
>>
File: 1484596436267.jpg (44KB, 726x683px) Image search: [Google]
1484596436267.jpg
44KB, 726x683px
>was in the area on a whim at the time the shooting took place
>Very well could have gotten the bad end of just being there
>Literally everything following it just making me wonder what the fuck they even really knew about
>Landlord opened the house and found a secret room with tons of shit
>The FBI had no idea
>They seemingly didn't care either

I'm not trying to sound like a cunt but it was then that I realized the threat was very real and that Apple just plain didn't care (FBI too for supplementary information). Chances are if any execs from Apple had been in the area at the time I'm sure they would have spread their ass for the FBI to do anything.

Was completely unrelated to why I was in he area, was out there for a Craigslist deal, was just bad timing but I'm surprised Apple were so stubborn about this shit.

I'm all for privacy and security but it's times like his where I genuinely see no reason to get into this fucking phone. Just give the government a master key and be done with it. Nobody ever said they can't just eventually make said key unusable afterwards so clearly there is a way to need FBI demands as well as keep their tard consumer base happy
>>
>>58815312
>every Android ever made is backdoored.
Everyone knows that
>>
>>58813480
He is clearly talking about Public Servers being intercepted. They've being doing that here in Britain since the '90s.
>>
>>58815316
>>58813691
>1000s of years of history of corrupt governments falsifying evidence and planting false evidence
>HUR DUR WHY DONT U TRUST DA GUBERMENT?

Really makes you think
>>
>>58815298
Do you even know what NAND mirroring is? That data, even if it's encrypted, can still be copied over. The hardware is not immune to that. Secure enclave is also stupid because once it's compromised (which it will be, like everything is) then you're going to have to buy a new phone. Also, a bootROM exploit as seen in A4 devices can be used to control the AES module. It's sort of like how Apple stock firmwares are encrypted several times over, but the keys are fucking everywhere in like a week so security researchers can open them. Do you think those keys are pulled from a monkey's asshole?
>>
>>58815394
>tinfoil arrives

Abandon thread
>>
>>58815426
2 cents have been deposited into your account.
>>
>>58815413
>Do you even know what NAND mirroring is? That data, even if it's encrypted, can still be copied over.

And? It's useless without keys. How will you copy keys over?

>The hardware is not immune to that. Secure enclave is also stupid because once it's compromised (which it will be, like everything is) then you're going to have to buy a new phone. Also, a bootROM exploit as seen in A4 devices can be used to control the AES module. It's sort of like how Apple stock firmwares are encrypted several times over, but the keys are fucking everywhere in like a week so security researchers can open them. Do you think those keys are pulled from a monkey's asshole?
You're an idiot. You have no idea how Secure Enclave works. ANd if you think it will ever be cracked, you're just beyond stupid because there's no way to access that piece of silicon without decapping and even then it will be useless since it's only charge that makes them unique.

Stop being so stupid and go fucking read papers on ARM TrustZone and Secure Enclave.

https://www.arm.com/products/security-on-arm/trustzone
>>
>>58815483
You're a stupid faggot if you think anything at all is 100% secure.
>>
>>58815521
Not an argument.
>>
>>58815535
I gave my argument above, and you basically told me to read some papers, giving links to the Apple and ARM sites. You're one to talk.
>>
>>58815559
No argument to be found whatsoever.
>>
>>58815573
You're simply too stupid to scroll up. Opinion disregarded.
>>
>>58815521
>You're a stupid faggot if you think anything at all is 100% secure.
Why don't you prove me wrong? Are you aware that you can become a multi-millionaire overnight if you could crack TrustedZone/Secure Enclave? There are companies and governments that would write you million dollar checks the next day if you could do it.

But no one can do it.
>>
>>58815672
Reminds me of the enigma machines that the German subs used to send "secure" messages.
>>
>>58815729
>strawman
that's not an argument.
>>
>>58815811
Tell me how it's not the same. Tell me how it's simply inconceivable that current security measures will be compromised and new ones will take their places. You're delusional.
>>
>>58815861
It's not the same because encryption is not even close to being the same and the protocol is completely different. Secure Enclave protocol is public and it is proven to be impossible to extract the key due to math. Yes, really. Go read the white papers.

inb4 Godel theorem...
>>
>>58815932
You should read up on the SHAppening. Sorry m8, but the answer "because math" is not acceptable. You don't even have to admit you're wrong here. Just close the tab and stop replying. No big deal.
>>
>>58815964
If you can crack it, why haven't you written a paper on it and become famous? Why aren't you a millionaire?

Spewing bullshit and claiming something to be true won't make it actually so. Go fucking do something if you're so sure of yourself. Until then, I'll just laugh at your silly crank posts.
>>
>>58816289
I never said I was good at math. All I'm saying is that you're fool for not taking into consideration all of the other "secure" things which hackers have gotten into in the past. Hindsight is 20/20, and I'm using it now to predict the future.

You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>58816355
>I never said I was good at math.
Then shut the fuck up and quit shitposting about things you know nothing about. Go read some of the whitepapers I linked instead of just wasting your time on arguing against facts.
>>
>>58816430
Except I know a lot about this type of stuff. These kinds of things have been broken before, and it will happen again. There will always be ways around these things. Everything is vulnerable, so your opinions go into the trash.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.