[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windows Vista

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Windows-vista-logo-1.jpg (81KB, 460x337px) Image search: [Google]
Windows-vista-logo-1.jpg
81KB, 460x337px
Windows Vista is without question the greatest operating system built to date and anyone who disagrees is underage.
>>
well, it's basically Windows 7 without the added telemetry
>>
>>58809466
I had a pentium D machine with 8gb of ram and vista literally just worked for me, why do people complain about this god-tier OS?
>>
>>58809604
There is no difference in telemetry operations between Vista SP1 and Windows 7 RTM up to SP1.
The constant calling home started with NT5.0, was increased in NT5.1 /XP/Server 2003 and have reached the massive data hoarding now with Windows 10.

Server 2003 is the greatest operating system to come out of Redmond, but it or any other NT can't compete with unices when it comes system stability and security or ease-of-use (by administratiors).
>>
>>58809670
Didn't it start with XP and Office 2000?
>>
>>58809690
Telemetry?
There is telemetry software in 9* and NT4.0 already, but by default it is not configured to send any info to Microsoft. In 2000 (NT5.0) the default configuration have telemetry enabled and sending data to Microsoft if possible (WAN in use).
Xp has the exact same telemetry configuration as 2000, but in addition the home versions needed online or in-phone activation. Maybe you're referring to this? No version of 2000 has need for activation.
>>
>>58809740
No scrap that, there is indeed one extra line of system information sent by default in XP compared to 2000.
>>
File: 1485616141477.png (241KB, 258x511px) Image search: [Google]
1485616141477.png
241KB, 258x511px
>>58809669
Because Microsoft went about its launch in the worst possible way, and people were left tumbling in the breeze when the family toaster ended up barely being able to run it. The stigma never really died
>>
Plus it's got fucking inkball
>>
>>58809466
where does windows store highlighted and copied files.
>>
>>58809466
Strange that because from what I can remember was that everyone thought it was shit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.