[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 374
Thread images: 62

File: ac5-5.jpg (32KB, 459x600px) Image search: [Google]
ac5-5.jpg
32KB, 459x600px
Come for the answers, stay for the friendly conversation!
>>
File: The Evolution of comfy.png (16KB, 834x720px) Image search: [Google]
The Evolution of comfy.png
16KB, 834x720px
Rec me a Native 720 and up projector that can display at 24 Hz.
>>
>>58800875

if you want to get a movie feel then you need a 48hz projector because on movies each frame is actually shown twice
>>
I'm a heavy sleeper and the concurrent alarms of my 2 phones can't wake me up.
I also work in IT so overtimes are expected (like I sometimes go home by 11pm) and needs to be at work before 8am.
How can I train myself to have a body clock so I can wake up by ~5am?
I am already drinking lots of water before going to bed and just this morning I only woke up just after the last snooze of my alarm (50 mins after alarm starts)
This is serious business, btw.
>>
File: tech support.png (282KB, 501x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tech support.png
282KB, 501x1200px
>>58800805
If my laptop is always charging, even when it's full and I'm not using it, will it actually kill the battery or is this just a meme?
>>
File: cmd2.png (92KB, 681x635px) Image search: [Google]
cmd2.png
92KB, 681x635px
reposting
I made a mistake and used Driver pack solution to install drivers on my OS, now the damned thing snuck some shady files (which I deleted) and made window to run cmd and initiate installation of said deleted files.
What can I do to stop this shit? Thanks in advance
>>
I have no fucking clue what I'm doing and it seems like it should be so goddamn simple but it's not.

What I'm trying to do is just put a file on an sd card in kubuntu, but permissions bullshit is fucking my angus. So I logged in as the non-admin user and downloaded a file, so that file is currently in root/home/user/downloads. But it says I don't have permissions to view or do anything with the SD card (it's mounted but I can't access it). So I tried
sudo nautilus
but it said I wasn't part of the sudoers. I gave up here and just logged in as admin now it says I don't have the permission to do anything with the file I downloaded.

So two parts here, one how do I get my non-admin account to be able to access SD cards, and two how do I view files of other users as admin?
>>
>>58800897
You should buy an actual alarm clock. I have one from the 90s. If I turn it all the way to full volume it emits a scream I could hear from my neighbor's kitchen.
>>
>>58800963
To add yourself as a sudoer:
First, run the command visudo as root. Find the line that says
root ALL=(ALL) ALL
. Under that, add the line
anon ALL=(ALL) ALL

As for your other question, what procedure are you taking to mount the SD card?
>>
>>58800895
Most of my media is ay 24 Hz doe.
>>
>>58800897
If you have real speakers, like the kind with woofers and tweeters, you can schedule stuff to be played through them. Or wire a cheap alarm clock or an Arduino or something to some machinery, like a blender filled with steel shot, or AC powered clit stimulator coupled to your bed.
>>
>>58800940
Clean install, you're infected
Dont be retarded this time
>>
>>58800940
The greatest gift in life is the capacity to start again.
>>
>>58800895
You actually need 72Hz, because film reels actually show 3 frames per shot frame, where 2 frames are placed between each "real" frame, with the extra frames being a combination of the frames either side, to varying degrees.
>>
>>58801056
You actually need 240Hz so that each frame can fully display its 10 "moods"
>>
Looking to get a new laptop. What is the difference between paying the manufacturer $70 for Windows 10 or buying disks off amazon for $110?
>>
>>58801099
One method you waste $110 and one method you waste $70
>>
>>58801099
I could be wrong but I would assume the manufacturer gets a discount, where as the amazon seller is selling it for the full price.
>>
>>58801115
So I can't use the disks for multiple systems?
>>
>>58801099
You are guaranteed tons of bloatware if you let the manufactuer install it.
>>
>>58800918
By default the battery stop's charging when it reaches 100% and doesn't start charging if it is above 95%. If you want to preserve it more you can change these settings so it doesn't charge above 50%. Unplugging or removing the battery is worse or equivalent to leaving it in the default settings.
>>
>>58801036
>>58801053
Oh I hate it has to come to this
Alright, reinstalling OS it is, then. At least I haven't migrated everything from my old OS
>>
File: Seal of Doubt.jpg (16KB, 499x326px) Image search: [Google]
Seal of Doubt.jpg
16KB, 499x326px
Ok, i came to terms with the fact that my Radeon RX480 doesn't work as I intended, especially on Linux.
Neither on Linux nor on Windows it increases my render-speed for Blender either, which was actually the main reason why I got it.
Now I'm thinking of returning it to the store and getting my €270 back.
Only problem is: the only GeForce cards I can get for that price are horribly less powerful. The closest thing would be the 1060 and even that is slightly worse and slightly more expensive.
Serious question: is it worth it?
Does Radeon pay off in any respect?
Is there any upside to this? or am I just wasting betting on the Open Software Hype around Open Software?

I dont want to primarily game on Linux, I use it mostly for Video- Photo-Editing and other productivy, but not being able to quickly play a round or two of Rocket League kinda takes the wind out of my sails.
>>
>>58801195
>amd gpu
>linux
Pick one. As of the current state, you are using a hollow driver.
>>
>>58801136
>fresh install of Windows + bloat
>reinstall Windows right when you get it
>>
>>58801195
>"AMD must be good for Linux because they're not evil businessman" meme
>>
>>58801195
Is it priority to use Linux? If it is, you will be better off buying a GeForce. If you are willing to work in Windows, don't switch.
>>
>>58801099
If you buy with windows pre-installed, your windows is tied to that motherboard forever
>>
>>58800897
>wagecucks need to be up at 5, where glorious faithful NEETs are able to contribute to TempleOS at any time of the day.
>>
>>58800875
>>58800895
>>58801056
I just tried 24/48/72 Hz on my monitor,

48Hz is much smoother than 72Hz with a 23.976fps video.

24Hz didn't even work properly ( I tried a bunch of timings), although it may work on a 720p projector, as the LCD technology is quite different.
I would recommend trying to find a 60Hz 720p projector that will run at 48Hz.
>>
>>58800609
Any further advice re: phone repair?
>>
>>58801175
Ty
>>
>>58801276
Don't all copies of Windows make a hardware fingerprint when you activate it?
>>
>>58801307
I'm guessing heat guns, plastic spudgers, and tiny screwdrivers.
>>
>>58800897
Try connecting an alarm to flashing lights and electroshock exercise units.
>>
>>58801175
>unplugging the battery and using 100-0% is worse than using software to constantly do 100-50-100-50-100-50%
>>
File: bluescreens.png (71KB, 1351x581px) Image search: [Google]
bluescreens.png
71KB, 1351x581px
My computer is constantly experiencing blue screens and I managed to save a couple of the minidumps on my external.

Which website is a good place to upload my minidumps and allow others to view them for help?

Here is an example of the stuff I am experiencing.
>>
>>58801276
I mean you can't download your copy of Windows off of a Windows PC to install onto another one right? Is that what you're suggesting people do?
>>
>>58801342
Switch to 10
>>
>>58801360
gross.

It's kind of inevitable at this point though.
>>
>>58801342
It's time to reformat.
>>
>>58801314
No, you're able to transfer your copy of windows if you buy it instead of getting it preinstalled. The restriction is also included with the free upgrade that microsoft offered.
>>
>>58801381
Will this really fix the problem though?
>>
>>58801366
Yeah you'll just get some :('s with your constant blue screens now
With 10, a blue screen of death isn't even a problem anymore, it's just normal operation
Much better
>>
>>58801383
Transfer it off of one computer and onto another though? That would be the only way to move an OS off your laptop without using a differently licensed copy
>>
>>58800805
I fell for a stupid trick

Basically, I opened a fake email from PayPal claiming a transaction was recently denied. It asked me to d/l a pdf with the reason, which I did. Turns out when I clicked it it was a .scr file (script). What damage did I do? Phone seems to be running fine

This was on my Android phone btw
>>
>>58801390
I have no idea what the very specific problem with your computer is, or what it is related to, so I'm afraid I can't answer that. Sorry.
>>
>>58801436
I don't open any emails from paypal
>>
File: dopefish.gif (9KB, 523x486px) Image search: [Google]
dopefish.gif
9KB, 523x486px
What should I do in Minneapolis with the bf Monday?
>>
How come pizza is seen as like the quintessential delivery food? I know other places deliver but it seems like pizza places are far more likely to do delivery than, say, a burger place.

Is there something about pizzas that make the logistics of delivering them easier? Or is it just kind of a marketing/demographic thing where there's not enough demand for having someone bring burgers to your door? (Though I have often lamented when I was younger and a poor college student without a car how few places did delivery and would have definitely made use of such a service if it existed.)
>>
>>58801436
Did anything else happen when you ran the .scr? It's safe to assume Pajeet is spying on you now.
>>
>>58801448
Convince macfags at Starbucks to install gentoo
>>58801452
I would assume it's because too many people would order a burger, or a single drink, or just fries and have it delivered
With pizza at least you're buying a pizza, which is one of the single most profitable commercial foods there is
>>
>>58801448
Install gentoo. Also get some pizza and talk about what you wan't to do in the future, and how you can solve any problems you guys have.
>>
>>58801461
No, nothing at all, other than a quick flash screen of some sort

Should I nuke and start again? I hate reconfiguring everything

>>58801445
I know, but I was distracted with something else and totally fucked up
>>
>>58801464
>convince someone running babyOS who probably has zero knowledge of computers to install neckbeardOS
Good luck
>>
>>58801471
This man never had a relationship
>>
>>58801480
>Nah bro, it's UNIX! It's like OSX 2.0!
>>
>>58801479
Before doing that you could
A) Install the generic anti-viruses in the play store. I have no idea if they actually do anything helpful though, because I have never used them.
B) Install CCLEANER for android
C) See if you can view the contents of the script and what it does, undo that.
>>
How do I ask a girl out?
>>
>>58801546
Facebook.
If that doesn't work, text her
If that doesn't work, text her again, maybe she missed that last text
>>
>>58801532
>B) Install CCLEANER for android

What should I do with that?
>>
>>58801546
idk, but don't do it anywhere she's captive, like some kind of service post or an elevator at 4am. And be prepared to learn she has an exclusive bf already.
>>
>>58801503
Someday he will have a beautiful waifu anon
>>58801571
Click the run button, hope it does something useful
>>
>>58801546
casually ask her in public, it makes it a lot harder for her to reject you

don't make it long winded or awkward, just "would you like to get coffee some time"
>>
>>58801503
Are you saying couples can't communicate? I'm guessing you're hetero?
>>
>>58801560
>If that doesn't work, text her again, maybe she missed that last text

this. if she doesn't respond it means she didn't get it. text her again till she does. girls, especially younger ones, take phone etiquette seriously
>>
>>58801592
What if she screams rape when I ask her out? She might do that with my ugly face.
>>
File: 1436391273634.jpg (165KB, 567x791px) Image search: [Google]
1436391273634.jpg
165KB, 567x791px
>>58801594
Thanks, am currently giving your suggestions a shot
>>
Where can I get more effects for KDEnlive?
>>
>>58800940
>>58801194
Reinstall.

This time use 3DP Net for network drivers and 3DP Chip to install the rest.
>>
>>58801546
>ey bb u wan sum sugarfat w/ a lil bit o' cawfy init?
>srry i hav bf
>me too! :D
>>
>>58801600
What if they respond wth "I don't drink coffee" and "I don't like movies"? They are generic enough responses to not seem rude, even in public.
>>
>>58801675
>I don't drink coffee
"Then you can watch me drink coffee"

>I don't like movies
"Fuck you you fucking bitch" then run away
>>
File: retard.png (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
16KB, 600x600px
I'm an idiot /g/ please help.
If I got myself a grounded extension cord, plugged my shit in there (some of which NEED to be grounded), will the shit I plugged in be grounded as well or will I keep shocking myself?

I'm asking because if not then I will have to buy several adapters because I have 3 or 4 different plug types and their ground thing are completely fucking different so I need matching sockets.
>>
>>58801342
Your dumps arent specific enough to point a problem right away.

Either do a system restore or reinstall.

Wanna do it the hard way?
Run in safe mode, uninstall Wifi drivers.
Run a system integrity test.
If you have any virtual drives/networks remove them.
>>
>>58801436
Probably no, those emails are mostly designed for Windows.

Run Malwarebytes mobile.
Only be worried if your phone is rooted.
If its not you are completely fine and no need to go full paranoid on this.
>>
>>58801546
>Yo lets go "x", i pay
>>
>>58801693
>Wanna do it the hard way?
>Run in safe mode, uninstall Wifi drivers.
>Run a system integrity test.
>If you have any virtual drives/networks remove them.

I will give this a shot, I just dont have the bandwidth to reinstall everything I own over and over again. Why disable wifi drivers? Because vwifibus is involved?
>>
>>58801732
Because vwifitflt but pretty much.

W7 ISO is 4GB, most programs you will need are 2-4GB.
>>
>>58801706
>Run Malwarebytes mobile.

Did, no malware found

>Only be worried if your phone is rooted.

People don't immediately root their phones as soon as they get them? I do
>>
Are the menu (text, color, size etc) in any specific android rom specific to that rom or can they be changed heavily? Pic example
>>
>>58801383
>>58801421
If it's a retail copy you're supposed to be able to de-activate it on one pc and activate on another. If it's OEM, which is what 90% of people buy, then it's against the TOS. However there's a good chance you would be able to do it with an OEM install if you claim your mobo fried and you're replacing it.
>>
>>58801014
sorry for the late response

I just followed the instructions through the dolphin UI, it seemed straightforward but I suppose there is a proper terminal way to do it?
>>
>>58801706
>those emails are mostly designed for Windows
How true is this? The normies are switching away from using pcs, and purely using phones for their electronic device. As this happens, malware developers are going to switch to primarily writing their stuff for phones. I can't comment on how much is currently made for phone operating systems, but it is definitely some.
>>
>>58801688
Of the following, which will NOT ground the resulting electric connection?

A) A 1:1 extension cord which matches pins from source to exit
B) A surge strip
C) A UPS

(∀ :ɹǝʍsu∀
>>
>>58801675
>Every coffee shop sells a non-coffee drink
>"I don't like movies" is more than an odd enough response to start a friendly conversation over
They're humans too, if they can't say no or even give you the courtesy to think of a good excuse, they deserve to get socially trapped by your conversation
>>
File: image.jpg (246KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
246KB, 2048x1152px
>>58801716
>I pay
WORKS
EVERY
TIME
>>
File: dude_20170204_222153.jpg (427KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
dude_20170204_222153.jpg
427KB, 1536x2048px
Do yall like my dnd carachter?
>>
>>58801918
Ohh what gender is xhe?
>>
>>58801716
Asking them out is the easy part. Making small talk is the hard part :(
>>
>>58800805
How can I achieve optimal battery use on arch?
>>
File: amp.jpg (668KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
amp.jpg
668KB, 3264x2448px
>>58801898
I'm sorry but as I mentioned I'm an idiot.
To make it simpler, I'm having troubles with pic related. I have sockets which I can plug this in just fine, but I get a hum on my amp once my guitar is connected.
I'm not completely sure yet if it's because my pickups aren't grounded properly or if it's simply because my amp isn't grounded so I'm just trying to rule out one thing here.
>>
>>58801804
halp
>>
>>58801716
I wouldn't let anyone pay on the first date because some people act entitled and shit when they do. A first date should be at a cafe, where you pay upfront, so you can leave at any time. Pick one near museums/historical sites/other activities in case it goes well.
>>
I'm trying to get an installation of Kali on my laptop for a CTF competition so I could be a lazy fuck and not have to download a ton of tools, but it isn't booting from my usb and its not even throwing me an error just fucking nothing. I disabled quick boot and secure boot already so what could it be? Any sort of Ubuntu based distro boots fine.
>>
does anyone know a way to get around omegle's captcha system
>>
>>58800805
What is the best single-purpose eReader for side-loading pirates (who already own an Android tablet with stylus and shit battery for employment duties)
>>
>>58802102
>get superliked on my dating botnet app
>decide to go straight to asking the person out
>meet at a place with two dollar signs on Google Maps
>doesn't make any conversation, stares at phone entire time, answers my questions with generic answers
>I end up paying still
feels bad man
>>
Why is it that people can't just crack UEFI and boot anything they want? Is it really that much more secure than HDCP or WEP?
>>
>>58802131
Type the characters that appear in the box
>>
>>58800963
sudo chown -R username /path/of/dir

This will just change ownership of all files in that folder to the user named username.

Where username is you'd put your username, so if your username is fuckboi and files in /home/fagboy/Downloads need to be changed then you'd type: sudo chown -R fuckboi /home/fagboy/Downloads

If that doesn't work (because it says you're not a sudoer), execute sudo -s and type in your root password. This will turn you into root, then run the same command. There's no reason why it shouldn't work.

You need to get your user added as a sudoer though otherwise you're going to run into some serious issues down the road.

Now I'm not very versed with xubuntu or any distro based on Ubuntu, but with the distro I use (Arch) I add my user to the wheel, storage and power groups, then I run EDITOR=nano visudo and I uncomment "%wheel ALL=(ALL) ALL" and then add the line under that to say "Defaults rootpw". What this does is it makes all members of the wheel group a sudoer, then the second line prompts for the root passward when I execute sudo instead of the users password.

Wheel is an administrator group, storage gives you access to storage, and power is really unused, but I still make my user a member of the power group.

First, you need to find out what groups your user is a member of, because if you're not part of the right groups everything will be trivial.

Do this by executing the "groups username" command.

In my case:

[tyrone@work ~]$ groups tyrone
wheel storage power users

So my user tyrone is a member of wheel,storage,power,users. Good that means I'm in the administrative group and storage group which are the two important ones.

If you're not a member of wheel and storage, add your user to those groups:

# usermod -a -G wheel,power,storage username

This will add your user to the groups wheel, power and storage.
>>
>>58801924
Man gender
>>
anyone know a linux program to measure the bitrate of a video file over its duration?
>>
>>58802221
If you just want the average, any calculator will do.
>>
>>58802156
im the type of character to appear in your mother's box
you fuck
>>
>>58802221
Install mplayer. Look it up for your distro.

Open your terminal window and run:
mplayer -vo null -ao null -identify -frames 0 /path/to/your.video.avi | grep kbps

Done deal.
>>
>>58802261
What does that mean
>>
>>58802219
0/10 horrible
>>
Does software that lets the android/ios headphone media controls work with windows exist, or do I have to code my own?
>>
>>58802291
Wuman gender
>>
What is a good way to slow down the wifi for people on my network? I wan't them to leave, but they are browesing normiebook on their phone.
>>
>>58802446
Leave your family's friends alone and play your video games.
>>
>>58802466
B-but I have to protect my mom from the strange man.
>>
>>58802446
CTS attack.
>>
>>58802214
Thanks dude
>>
>>58802446
Set a bandwith limit for their devices trough your router.

Install DD-WRT if it doesnt have the option.
>>
>set browser options to refuse cookies
>whitelist only the sites I use through Cookie Monster
>CCleaner cookies menu still shows cookies for sites I don't use
Is this a false positive or are there actually cookies dodging their way into my browser?
>>
>>58801337
What are discharge cycles
You can get more recharge cycles from a battery if you're just topping it off every now and then rather than draining most of it and filling it back up again.
Some people recommend doing 80/20, charging to 80% and discharging to 20%

But literally anything other than a complete discharge is better than leaving your battery uncharged for a year here and half a year there.
>>
Is this a good deal?

I was thinking of buying used on eBay or so, for maybe $300. But I feel like the trade off for the warranty and it being brand new would make it not worth it

Especially with the free game added.

Is there somewhere I can find the 1070 for cheaper?
>>
>>58802735
arent rx480s supposed to be better and cheaper? i've been mulling over buying one as an upgrade from a gtx 770, or if i should just wait for the 1080ti
>>
>>58802772
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1070-vs-AMD-RX-480/3609vs3634

Fuck no
>>
if my eyes cant see more than 30 fps, why does 144hz screen feels better
>>
>>58802805
Because your eyes function at 12 frames per second and 144 is a multiple of 12.
>>
>>58802735
>8GB DDR5
>>
>>58802905
So? What are you implying?
>>
For cock.li

Where's the option to change the password?
>>
I started learning html i'm watching the lynda courses

im using brackets is there other like code software that i should use instead of brackets? im using brackets because is free pretty much.
>>
>>58802941
are you gonna slam 4k pictures in 60 frames per second or nah
>>
>>58802733
Complete spec-rated discharges are best, you think the laptop actually only shuts off at 0v batteries you're fucking stupid
>>
>>58803090
Okay, yeah that makes more sense if it's spec'd for it. I took a class on some solar power shit and we looked at an example sheet for battery manufacturer specs; it showed somewhat of a longer life the less the battery was discharged before recharging. A battery that hits 0V will probably never work again. I know that, I'm not a dip.
>>
>>58803079
No, but I'd like to one day when I can afford a 4k TV

Plus I wanna be able to handle any game I throw at it seamlessly, and not need to upgrade for a very long time
>>
>>58803156
>4K TV

I mean sure it'll keep its promise for years to come, but fuck doesnt 4k tv's come with a lot of input lag?? or response time idk what its called. I'd rather invest in a 4k monitor, as input lag is fucking awful to play with under any circumstances
>>
>>58803227
Yeah that's what I meant
>>
>>58803040
Email the admin
>>
>>58801390
You're using Windows, reformat and reinstall is the be-all-end-all of troubleshooting problems for Windows.
>>
>>58800805

Does anyone know when the new line of Kaby Lake Thinkpads will come out? Dell already has Kaby Lake Laditudes so there is no excuse for Lenovo to be this slow.
>>
Hey guys, i dun goofed when buying a macbook pro with 120gb of internal storage.

Now i need to install windows but i dont will have the space to run both.

So, im wondering, if i buy an SSD and a Sata to USB adapter, will i be able to install windows on that external drive? How fast would data transfer be? (given that that sata to usb will create a bottle neck.)

I searched for a thunderbolt ssd but they're expensive as fuck.

Have you guys done this? whats your experience?
>>
In bash scripts, is it possible to use both
 set -u 

and
 FUNCTION_NAME () { … $1; }
?
If I do it like this, bash understandably complains about variable 1 not being set.
>>
Just got Debian and installed mysql on a virtual machine but I have no idea how to connect to it from my desktop, which I'd prefer because GUI.

So how would I go about this? I can't even ping any of the IP addresses that's listed on the VM.
>>
>>58801195
just bump it up 100$ and get a 1070
>>
>>58801594
he's on /g/ why do you assume he doesnt have a waifu. baka desu senpai
>>
>>58803552
Windows on usb is genrally a bad idea. But it is possible to set up a version od it

http://www.howtogeek.com/196817/how-to-create-a-windows-to-go-usb-drive-without-the-enterprise-edition/

I'd try buying a bigger internal drive.
>>
>>58803668
I can get a 1060 for 310, The cheapest 1070 I can get is at 450. and even that 310 is actually a tiny tad above my budget
>>
Is there such a thing as a "burner" facebook account? As everyone knows, facebook only allows you to view most things internally if you're a member as well. Since there's no way in hell I'm creating an account, and the fact that it'd be a pain in the ass to create one anyways cause I probably have to verify with a phone or something, I was hoping there existed like some accounts that anybody can log into.

I doubt it, but I figured I'd ask anyways.
>>
Is there an application/web service for subscribing to podcast feeds and radio stations on the desktop?
>>
>>58803756
little bit of research is all it takes heres one for 380$ prob about 405 after taxes
>>
>>58803756
sorry for multiple posts,but pretty much dont expect a 1060 to get you much at 1440p but if youre going for 1080p the 1060 is fine
>>
>>58803881
>don't expect the 1060 to get you much at 1440p

Are you meming? The 1060 should be fine with even 4k on most games
>>
>>58803772
>he doesn't know about burner phones
>he doesn't know how to get a temporary phone number
>he uses the internet
learn to search
>>
>>58803789
I hear gentoo's pretty good
>>
>>58804102
>burner phones
cost money
>temporary phone numbers
Google has them blacklisted, it's an almost guarantee Facebook isn't retarded and has done the same
>he uses the internet
yes? I've already searched, dumbass, hence why I'm asking here, in case any anons know resources not necessarily found easily via a search engine or something.
>>
If my computer randomly deletes a driver, how can I get it back?
In my case, I'm using a Lenovo Helix, and it deleted a stylus driver.
>>
>>58803874
Little bit of research tells me the cheapest new 1070 I can get without importing from cambodschistan is 445€ after taxes, one case of 415 by Gainward, and I never made any good experiences with them and STILL more than 100€ over my budget.
What part of "310 is actually a tiny tad above my budget" don't you understand?
>>
Linuxfag here, i have installed a pirated copy of windows on a relative computer and the not genuine shit has been disturbing my relative.
I've tried explaining him the various step you can find on the internet like editing the registry, doing rearm etc but it doesn't work anymore.
I've seen that there a software (WAT remover or some shit like it) that should solve the problem, but i've seen that the install procedure is riddled with "sponsored" software, ads and other shit and i don't want to put this person throught this installer because i know i'll need to help him removing the shit installed by it.
Is there a clean installer? Or a clean method?
So far doing rearm stopped working, registry and service fix too.
>>
How to autoplay a YouTube channel in fullscreen?
>>
>>58804432
Sharpie
>>
Compiling on my VM. If I run CE on the VM and speedhack it 1000% will it compile faster? :^]
>>
>>58804434
I'm just downloading the whole thing with youtube-dl
>>
>>58804537
Can't find anything googling windows sharpie for obvious reasons.
>>
Does Apple require manufacturers of iPhone cases to add a cutout just for displaying their logo? Or is it that the typical consumer is just that tacky?
>>
Literally what are RSS feeds for? What do they even do?
>>
>>58804720
so that you can combine multiple sources into one and read them without visiting their ad-ridden sites.
>>
>>58804704
Tacky. Apple has no relationship at all with the vast majority of case manufacturers at all.

>>58804432
Windows 7? DAZ Loader
8/8.1/10? Microsoft Toolkit

>>58804720
Can be used by a reader application to combine multiple sources of things like news articles, podcasts, torrents etc all into a single news feed.
>>
>>58800805
i have a bamboo wireless pad, cth-300/u
but the bluetooth dongle it came with broke, now i cant connect with it anymore even with a different dongle. is there something i can do?
>>
Say you wiped your recovery disk.

Best approach forward? I would like to have some Windows OS ...
>>
File: m2v.png (273KB, 1098x617px) Image search: [Google]
m2v.png
273KB, 1098x617px
What's a good program to convert these to a lower bitrate without changing anything else.

>>58805142
fixmbr, fixboot?
>>
Are there any websites that have download links to stock ROMs of samsung tablets that also don't take a billion years to download? all the links google gives me are slow ass garbage. specifically i need N8020XXUDOL1 DTM. thanks!
>>
>>58805160
ffmpeg
>>
>>58805142
I always wipe recovery disks, they waste space and have bloat preinstalled.
Download the ISO from microsoft, put it onto a USB and then install it.
>>
File: file.png (953KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
953KB, 1920x1080px
I had this tab problem yesterday. Someone suggested OneTab and it does what I want.. although it's not a solution to better organization skills it is a good compromise. Kinda like having that window to select tabs after your browser crashes.. except on demand

What about bookmarks? How do I keep my bookmarks under control?
>>
Right now my 7700k is overclocked to 5ghz at 1.32v. The temps are fine at load, but my fans sound like a jet engine. Should I drop it to 4.8 for a quieter system? It bumped me 150 points in cinebench
>>
>>58805213
Not sure what kind of answer you expect, we don't know if it's too loud for you or not.
Turn it down if it's too loud.
>>
>>58805225
I guess I wasn't very specific, sorry. I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of performance difference there would be from 5 to 4.8. My guess is not much, but I figured I'd ask before doing all the work of benchmarking again
>>
>>58805204
just use jewfox
>>
>>58805233

Used Chrome out of habit because Firefox slowed up my Pentium 4, my C2D, and my A4-4400M. Pretty much anything that isn't an i7 like this laptop that I have now. Bloatfox. Users casually using this shit and not complaining everytime memory usage goes up another gigabyte is why they're getting away with it.
>>
I have a question. I want to buy PC in a month and I'm thinking on getting either GTX1080 now or buy some cheap card and later in the year buy either Vega or GTX200 series. If I went with second option would I be able to connect all my monitors to weaker card [both FHD, one 60Hz other 144Hz] while running games on stronger one? If it worked would there be any noticeable lag due to cards having to communicate with each other?
>>
>>58805309
that's not how it works, no.
>>
>>58805309
There's really no point in having the rest of the PC until you have a powerful GPU to make it useful. Buy everything at the same time, and enjoy the multiple lifetimes worth of less demanding games until you get have the new toy box.
>>
>>58805322
Well I wasn't sure since there is ability to connect multiple monitors to multiple GPUs. Also I'm pretty sure that how many notebooks works since displays are connected to integrated GPU so maybe it would work on desktop.
>>
>>58800805

Noobuntu babby here, how can I run

['fizz' unless i%3] + ['buzz' unless i%5] or i for i in [1..100]

on the command line with node?
>>
>>58805344
I want to buy PC now since I only have Notebook right now and I can't connect my both monitors so I'm stuck with one 24" and other 15" while I could have both 24". And if my notebook would stop working I would have to borrow from my family since PC is a must for both work and studies.
Also I don't need a strong GPU now since I don't play much right now so I'm mostly using CPU. So I could wait for new cards to come out.
But if it would not work like >>58805322 said then I will just buy GPU now.
>>
>>58805309
>>58805432
I don't understand why you want to have the monitors plugged into the integrated once you get a dedicated GPU, just plug them into the new one then?
>>
I was thinking that the main GPU would not have to do any work for background applications and maybe the problem with displaying would also be taken out of it's problem. Not sure if it would make a great difference in performance but if my second GPU would be more energy efficient then I could be saving more energy.
>>
How do you type really fast?

Like really really fast
>>
Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows. All I do on Windows is games.

Is there any way to reduce boot times for Windows if that's literally the only purpose? I already tried setting it up so I would replace the shell with steam's big picture mode. Anything else I should keep in mind?
>>
>>58805891
not really, except for getting and SSD, I am in windwos in 15 seconds

actually if you are on win8 and higher you should in power settings disable fast startup as it can cause trouble, since its not really cold shutdown and startup, but saving state of ram to hdd and then on next startup re-loading it
>>
>>58805948
Yep, disabled fast startup because I heard about that. Already have an SSD too. It's not the fastest, but it's fast enough I guess.
>>
>>58801195
>>58801270
>>58802221
>>58804432
GNU/Linux*
>>
File: stop_touching_my_linux.jpg (164KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
stop_touching_my_linux.jpg
164KB, 682x1024px
>>58805965
then it should not feel sluggish to move between the systems

>>58805968
fuck off to jerk off to some parrot
>>
Looking for the smallest linux distro with most security and network tool. ParrotOS any good?
>>
>>58805983
should have get bigger ssd for that ancient thinkpad
>>
>>58805891
If all you do on Ubuntu is not-games, there's no need to run it natively. Put it in a VM on Windows and save yourself a lot of time and be able to have things always running.
>>
Is the Kobo Aura One the currently best >6" e-reader available?

>tfw too poor and too late for that giant 13.3" Sony one
>>
>>58805891
Raid 0 SSDs
>>
>>58804720
I use them to get notifications on when certain websites update (like web comics for example)
>>
Quick fuck I need a simple video editor that lets me just make a video from images and an audio track

I recorded my audio already, I just need an easy way to just make it display different pictures at different times for different lengths
>>
>>58806087
I'd like to do most other things on Ubuntu. That is watching videos, web browsing and such. A virtual machine is sluggish for that purpose.
>>
>>58806504
Why bother? That stuff works just as well on Windows.
>>
File: fuck.png (41KB, 231x176px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
41KB, 231x176px
>>58800805
Yo I have this problem with all my desktop shortcuts. I tried rebuilding my icon databse but it did nothing,
>>
>>58806565
LOL.
Got the same shit with the Cities Skylines icon for some weeks now.
It happens only with CS, so I dont care.
>>
>>58806443
shotcut
>>
>>58806443
Powerpoint?
>>
cpu wont fully sit in mobo socket should I return it?
>>
>>58791651

It's me again

So then I did a clean install of windows on my SSD. First boot after installation I got into windows just fine, with networks drivers working and all (they didn't when I booted into safe mode network mode). Upon another reboot I get literally the same error as previously described.

Then I tried a clean install on my other hard drive, my HDD. Here too the network drivers worked fine. I restarted and it was actually fine another time too, then a pop-up came up notifying me that default display drivers had been installed and that I should reboot to see the effect. Upon rebooting the computer shit itself again in the same way. Here's the bootlog for a fresh install:
http://pastebin.com/W4bGF89W (embed)

Next, I tried unplugging the GPU GTX 780ti and lo and behold, it boots with no problems with the integrated Intel HD graphics, with zero drivers failures. Here's a boot log of that
http://pastebin.com/4aMfLAtR (embed)

So what could it be? Obviously neither any hard drive or any corrupted windows version (despite it not loading other drivers such as audio or network). Feels like it's either the MOBO or the graphics card shitting themselves. Or both? How can I test which one is faulty?
>>
File: 1485939668475.png (548KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1485939668475.png
548KB, 700x700px
Do you need to re-install windows when you replace the Motherboard+GPU?
>>
>>58806663
no but you'll save a headache or three by doing so and not having to deal with drivers fuckery
>>
File: 1474203584429.jpg (133KB, 850x638px) Image search: [Google]
1474203584429.jpg
133KB, 850x638px
>>58806665
What if I install the drivers for the new mob+GPU over the old drivers?
Will it cause a conflict?
>>
>>58806687
there aren't drivers for the mobo but conflicts for the gpu drivers might happen yes

just try without a reinstall you won't damage anything
>>
>>58806695
>there aren't drivers for the mobo
Huh?
Then what's in the CD that comes with the mobo?
>>
File: 1456742395825.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
1456742395825.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
>>58806705
a restoration flash file?
>>
File: gpu.jpg (421KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gpu.jpg
421KB, 800x600px
I'm installing a new cooler on my graphics card. It came with all these heat sinks to stick on the RAM and voltage regulators, but I'm not sure what to actually do with them.

The eight big memory chips are obvious enough and the heat sinks are the right size. But then there are these little ones, which I can only half cover using some of the long heat sinks. And I have no idea where the voltage regulators are.

Given the stock cooler didn't have heat sinks for them anyway, is it even worth bothering with them?
>>
File: 1467156808914.jpg (532KB, 750x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1467156808914.jpg
532KB, 750x1060px
>>58806722
Don't know.
It says have drivers for audio and USB.
The thing is I'm trying to revive an old machine from 2004 running WinXP with dead mobo.
So I thought of plugging the HDD to another machine from 2006.
>>
>>58806762
oh duh those are the mobo adapter drivers yes
windows might be smart enough to fix them on its own, or not. try it out
>>
File: 1478225351970.png (514KB, 629x871px) Image search: [Google]
1478225351970.png
514KB, 629x871px
>>58806780
Ok.
What if I plugged the HDD along side the other HDD?
The IDE cable have extra pins for another HDD.
How would it boot then?
>>
>>58806620
Managed to figure how to get this working and it was exactly what I was looking for, thanks
>>
>>58806803
as normal? try it out
>>
>>58806812
How as normal?
Both of the HDDs have windows installed on them would the BIOS knows which one to choose?
>>
File: 1459005618716.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1459005618716.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>58806836
you can set the priority in bios setting but maybe the one it's used to booting to?
>>
>>58806648
It's obviously your video card dude. Do you have another video card you can throw in it to test it out? I'm 90% sure your video card has taken a shit though.
>>
>>58806856
There is no option in the BIOS, other than HDD/CD/Network.
Maybe the location of the HDD on the IDE cable determines which is a slave and which is a master HDD?
>>
>>58806871
I suspected as much, but I still wasn't 100% sure as it might be the mobo, or the psu taking a shit and not being able to support the entire rig anymore?

I mean, how can a faulty GPU prevent an entire desktop to boot (and cause an automatic reboot after 1 min of black screen after the windows logo)? And prevent other hardware drivers to load other than the video card drivers as seen in the bootlog?

Anyways I'm gonna try and see if I can find another rig to put the gpu into.
>>
>>58806874
it's really basic bios functionality to be able to set boot prio so you probably should look a bit more
>>
I have Pocket Casts. Is there a way to use a YouTube channel as my feed? Seems like a NEET feature, but I can't find how to properly do it in Android.
>>
>>58806950
>basic bios functionality
Maybe for the SATA, but not the PATA/IDE
I did look.
Thankfully I've found a manual, it seems I need to set a jumper on two pins on the second drive for it to be a slave, other wise it won't be recognized.

Is it possible to boot the HDD from a VM?
Or some how image the HDD as a VM?

What I'm really after is specific bundle of software installed on the HDD.
>>
What android program do you guys recommend for doing edits to an .html file. I've tried stuff like Droidedit but it just gives me errors or crashes on loading the file.
>>
File: 1474783783831.jpg (55KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474783783831.jpg
55KB, 800x800px
>>58807045
dno, trial and error?
>>
>>58807094
You're not helping anon.
Just like the voices in my head.
>>
File: 1455461419486.png (6KB, 195x259px) Image search: [Google]
1455461419486.png
6KB, 195x259px
>>58807109
Get a mobo that isn't retarded then where you can choose boot prio?
>>
>>58807124
You're not a very bright person, are you?
>>
There was an anon who recommended the Glo HD (6", 300 dpi) over the Aura One (7.8" 300 dpi) but no reason was given.

Is it just a size difference or is there a quality difference between the 2?

Also, there are some new Glo HD models available but they're Japanese. Will I encounter any issues with one if i purchase it?
>>
How did they find this page?

http://www.denuvo.com/fileadmin/logs/ajax.log
>>
>>58807372
directory listing is enabled.
http://www.denuvo.com/fileadmin/
and fileadmin might be a common name to try out.

I've getting quite a lot requests on my server of people trying to find files of commonly used software to exploit.
>>
File: 1475763306345.jpg (2MB, 3364x3364px) Image search: [Google]
1475763306345.jpg
2MB, 3364x3364px
Hi lads

I've been following this tutorial, but I got errors for this page and the next one
>http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/java/save_a_new_record.html

stmt = con.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE, ResultSet.CONCUR_UPDATABLE);

Gives me :
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
at Employees.Workers.btnDeleteRecordActionPerformed(Workers.java:521)
at Employees.Workers.access$500(Workers.java:19)

So the code works, the line is deleted, or saved, but after that I can't do shit.

What's the matter ?
>>
>>58807575
Thanks. Can this be exploited without knowing other credentials?
>>
>>58807751
Forgot link:
http://www.denuvo.com/fileadmin/config/aws_config.json
>>
OpenWRT or PfSense?
>>
>>58807066
I recommend GNU+Linux using nano.
>>
I'm currently used this shit code to feed youtube urls into ffmpeg to download clips of videos.
How could i integrate the quality picker into it?
I'll post a link to a midly entertaining graphic novel if someone helps me out
@ECHO off

:Input
ECHO.
SET url=
ECHO Enter Youtube-url:
SET /P url=
IF "%url%" EQU "" GOTO End
IF "%url: =%" NEQ "%url%" GOTO Input
ECHO Enter start time (in seconds, or in hh:mm:ss[.xxx] form):
SET /P start=
ECHO Enter duration (in seconds, or in hh:mm:ss[.xxx] form):
SET /P dur=
ECHO.
FOR /F "delims==" %%A IN ('youtube-dl.exe --no-warnings --get-filename "%url%"') DO SET filename=%%A
FOR /F %%B IN ('youtube-dl.exe -g "%url%"') DO (
ffmpeg.exe -hide_banner -ss "%start%" -i "%%B" -c copy -t "%dur%" "%filename%"
)
GOTO Input

:End
>>
I have a bluetooth headsett that has touch features. The band broke so i openef it up to gut it. I found out that the touch pads obly have 1 wire going to them. Does anyone know how they work with only one wire. And how would i go on about rewiring it to use push buttons instead?
>>
>>58808099
why not just use youtube-dl to download it instead of using it to get the urls and feeding those into ffmpeg?
besides, you don't get the full quality files with that since they get streamed via DASH.
>>
>>58808144
Shit internet, i upload raw 30 minutes 1080p videos via youtube using an external site that renders and uploads them for me, but downloading those just to get 10-15 seconds clip out of them it's a waste of time.
I know there are sites that do it for you but i wanted to do write something useful
>>
It seems you can run a guest OS from physical disk as virtual machine.

1. What application would be better for this task?VBox or Qemu? Running linux if it does make a difference.

2. How would the guest OS handle the host machine drivers? Especially since the OS is pre-installed on the physical disk.
>>
Is there such thing as a USB A to american Socket?
How is it called?

I would like to use my powerbank to charge stuff other than my phone.
>>
>>58808218
that's not how it works.
>>
>>58808227
Why not? Sounds like a good idea.
>>
The chinks keep portscanning me and I'm paranoid they're going to chink me

Is it a bad idea to block all inbound traffic, including ICMP, in my firewall, outside of the one port I use for incoming connections to the application I'm running on the server?
>>
>>58808262
5Volt on 500mA is 2.5Watts.
Go figure what you could power with that.
>>
>>58808144
>>58808099
I'm a fucking retard, i was fiddling with the line that changes the filename instead of the one controlling the stream link.

@ECHO off

:Input
ECHO.
SET url=
ECHO Enter Youtube-url:
SET /P url=
IF "%url%" EQU "" GOTO End
IF "%url: =%" NEQ "%url%" GOTO Input
youtube-dl.exe -F "%url%"
ECHO select quality
SET /P quality=
ECHO Enter start time (in seconds, or in hh:mm:ss[.xxx] form):
SET /P start=
ECHO Enter duration (in seconds, or in hh:mm:ss[.xxx] form):
SET /P dur=
ECHO.
FOR /F "delims==" %%A IN ('youtube-dl.exe --no-warnings --get-filename "%url%"') DO SET filename=%%A
FOR /F %%B IN ('youtube-dl.exe -f "%quality% " "%url%" -g') DO (
ffmpeg.exe -hide_banner -ss "%start%" -i "%%B" -c copy -t "%dur%" "%filename%"
)
GOTO Input

:End
>>
What's the fastest way to root a Moto E2 4G?
>>
Some fucktard hacked into my gf's Telegram account, this was last month but she only noticed now. I have the IP, what can I do with it?
>>
Currently trying to learn network security, what's a good book to read on that /g/?
>>
What's a good tool to get a summary of data usage on linux?
>>
Are thinkpads good to make servers out of?
I have an X201i
>>
File: Antivirus-0.jpg (87KB, 602x292px) Image search: [Google]
Antivirus-0.jpg
87KB, 602x292px
What's the best free antivirus?

I've been using Avast currently, and it's about to expire, and I'd rather not pay for antivirus if I don't have to.
>>
Do I have to 'install' a programming language like Python? In getting-started guides I keep seeing 'install python' first but doesn't that just come with, say, Sublime Text?
>>
>>58808615
A couple other questions to tack on to this one

I could connect a SATA USB adapter cable to the thinkpad with my SATA HDD and it work as my main HDD right? instead of the one already inside. It's not a laptop HDD it's those fat ones made for a tower, got 1TB of storage, I plan on running my own web server and host a website. My X201i's processor is an i3 intel processor, is this too low end or just about right?
>>
>>58809000
>SATA USB adapter
You'd suffer from lower speed because of the USB neckbottle.
Get hdd caddy if you don't want to use the internal hdd.
>>
>>58808753
Malwarebytes 2.0.
3.0 works fine too but is more annoying to use.
>>
>>58809157
Ok good to know, would it still be bottleneck considering there's 2 USB's on the adapter?
>>
What is Ruby on Rails like?
Should I start using it instead of PHP? I'm a novice programmer but PHP feels really shitty and unpredictable.
>>
File: 636e4d07155323c24fd43fd587f0737f.jpg (295KB, 1211x1800px) Image search: [Google]
636e4d07155323c24fd43fd587f0737f.jpg
295KB, 1211x1800px
>no dm
>xinit to start a wm as well as some other key parts

With that out of the way here's what I want to do
>start xsession
>terminal opens up
>...running a specific command automatically (a tty-clock for example)

The last bit is the problem, opening up the terminal works but I cant seem to find any combination of syntax that makes what I want happen

Googling isn't very helpful either
>>
>>58806648
Anyone else has an insight?
>>
>>58809337
Read your fuckging terminals man page faggot, they ALL have a switch that will pass the program through it

terminal -e clock
>>
>>58809368
I swear I thought I tried that...thank you, friend!
>>
File: 61Xo2uCX1QL._SL1000_[1].jpg (68KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61Xo2uCX1QL._SL1000_[1].jpg
68KB, 1000x1000px
Do I need an amp or receiver to use these Q Acoustics 3020 on my PC?

I already have a focusrite solo I use for recording, can I use that as an amp?

Link to speakers
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acoustics-3020-Bookshelf-Speakers-American/dp/B00TR7JK7Q
>>
File: pepsi.gif (1MB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
pepsi.gif
1MB, 350x272px
Ok this is probably pretty stupid even for these thread's standards, but whatever.

I have a Sapphire HD6670 currently slotted on my mobo.
Would an MSI RX480 Gaming fit into it as well? The connectors look the same at first sight to me, but this is my first upgrade project and I'm afraid of ending up with incompatible bricks.

Don't consider the size or the PSU, I can sort those out later.
I don't remember the mobo model exactly, but it's an Intel one from a couple years ago, model B something I think. I'd get a screenshot but I'm on a trip and don't have access to it.
>>
>>58809492
They're passive speakers, you'll need an amp.
>>
which 1080 brand should I buy?
I value longevity more than performance. I'm upgrading from an EVGA 780ti that only lasted for 2 years so EVGA is out of the question.
>>
Is there any reason to actually purchase windows 7/10?

I'm building a first PC and dunno if o should just pirate it or if that'll put any restrictions on my PC

To buy or to pirate?
>>
>>58809582
Ok, another question
Thinking about getting these speaker stands (found good deal on craigslist)
http://www.atacama-audio.co.uk/p/nexus-i-speaker-stands-700mm-27-6

Do speakers/stands have specific mounts or are they universal
>>
>>58809221
It won't work.
When one port is running the other will shutdown.
>>
>>58809653
Win 10 free upgrade is still available for the impaired.
>>
>>58809697
I don't have any legit previous windows though, can I still get it?
>>
What's going on here? DNS spoof?
>>
>>58809729
What's going on is you are losing some packets somewhere and have something funky going on.

[tyrone@work ~]$ tracepath www.google.com
1?: [LOCALHOST] pmtu 1500
1: 192.168.1.1 7.405ms
1: 192.168.1.1 6.747ms
2: 96.120.98.49 16.995ms
3: Te2-2-ur02.portcharlott.fl.westfl.comcast.net 22.926ms
4: te-0-5-0-1-ar03.bonitasprngs.fl.naples.comcast.net 21.947ms
5: be-33661-cr02.miami.fl.ibone.comcast.net 21.800ms
6: hu-0-12-0-0-pe03.nota.fl.ibone.comcast.net 18.703ms
7: no reply
8: no reply
9: no reply
10: no reply
11: no reply
12: no reply
13: no reply
14: no reply
15: no reply
16: no reply
17: no reply
18: no reply
19: no reply
20: no reply
21: no reply
22: no reply
23: no reply
24: no reply
25: no reply
26: no reply
27: no reply
28: no reply
29: no reply
30: no reply
Too many hops: pmtu 1500
Resume: pmtu 1500

The "too many hops" error is normal, as you should not exceed 30 hops, but the no reply from hops 2 and 3 means you have an issue going on likely within your network before it even makes it out to the real world.
>>
>>58809789
I've been suspicious of a rogue device on my network for several weeks now.
>>
>>58809718
There's barely any restrictions even if you don't bother with activation at all. If you pirate 10 and something goes wrong, windows will basically stick a watermark on your desktop. 7 is perfectly piratable

http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>>
>>58809627
You probably just got unlucky. Personal experience isn't a good way to pick a brand statistically, unless you've had several cards from several brands to compare at the minimum. But if you just don't like EVGA any more, the other brand I would recommend is MSI
>>
>>58809902
What's concerning to me is you go from 192.168.2.7 to 192.168.2.1 like you have two routers on your network.
>>
File: zshmeme.png (85KB, 520x332px) Image search: [Google]
zshmeme.png
85KB, 520x332px
How do I theme my zsh to have the little arrow thing where my user name is? Pic related.
>>
>>58809996
https://github.com/robbyrussell/oh-my-zsh/wiki/Themes
>>
>>58810011
Thanks senpai
>>
File: koboglohdreview-5952.jpg (1MB, 1999x1379px) Image search: [Google]
koboglohdreview-5952.jpg
1MB, 1999x1379px
Why do people recommend the Glo HD over the Aura One?
Is the larger size actually a bad thing?

I know there are Glo HD on ebay but they're all japanese. Is that a problem?
>>
>>58800897
get an alarm app that requires you to do math problems to stop the alarm. Did wonders for me.
>>
>>58808175
Anyone?
>>
I'm probably late to the party on this, but when exactly does the copyright alert system officially shut down? I know all the news reports are from the 30th, was that a same day thing?
>>
>>58808779
Think of it like installing the .Net framework or Java. Some installers will do it for you automatically, but it's super easy to do on its own. You'll also get some programs that are dependent on additional packages.

>>58808408
Look for a solution here
https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e-2015

>>58809495
You're old card should have had a PCI Express 2.1 x16, which would be enough for the 480. I would double check the model of the board. And don't try connecting it if your PSU doesn't have the right power attachments.
>>
File: UPS i did it again.jpg (57KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
UPS i did it again.jpg
57KB, 900x500px
Hey. Just bought myself an UPS - PowerWalker Line interactive VI 1200.

Just wanted to ask if I should turn the switch off when Im not using my PC or should I not. Will this affect the battery somehow?
>>
>>58810249
>should turn the switch off when Im not using my PC
If you shutdown the PC?
Then yes.
>>
I have my complete film collection sitting on one hard drive connected to a pi running kodi. What is the cheapest way to achieve raid to ensure that my files are not lost if the drive fails?
>>
Is there any way to use a DualShock 3 on android via bluetooth without root?
>>
>>58810281
I do. Thank you.
>>
File: drivers.png (26KB, 1003x649px) Image search: [Google]
drivers.png
26KB, 1003x649px
So i'm trying to update my grafix card drivers but everytime i run the amd radeon installer it says that it installed "partially" and the report says that it failed intallind the display drivers (pic related),wat do? When i googled it i found this https://community.amd.com/thread/180667 but i want to hear /g/'s opinion before trying it.

I'm using windows 8.1 and the card is an r7 250 if that helps.
>>
>>58810453
if you only can find root applications for that it's highly unlikely
>>
How can I automatically convert is2.4chan.org URLs to i.4cdn.org?
>>
So I have a router, but it doesn't reach far enough. I want to use an old wrt54g as an extender.

Since it doesn't have a wireless adapter, I connected it to a laptop i have lying around.

What is the proper way to turn it into an extender? Should I use the "bridge connections" option? Do I share internet with the device?
>>
>>58801300
anon you silly fuck, playing 24fps media on an lcd at 24/47/72hz won't look any different whatsoever, because lcd's are sample-and-hold
>>
>>58811162
What doesn't have a wireless adapter? Is the laptop the only device you're trying to extend internet too?
>>
Could some of you guys start some decent threads please? There's nothing on /g/ right now but shills and shitposters.
>>
Anyone know any gadgets that aid people with autism? Something that can also be scriptable and easily wearable are a plus.
>>
File: Capture.png (325KB, 1492x462px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
325KB, 1492x462px
Anyone know how would a person know If a certain CPU, can work with a motherboard of acer aspire tc-605
>>
>>58811349
No, I'm trying to extend my internet to my home theater (chromecast, wii u, anyone using phone in the living room) but my router is trapped in a shitty back room. I could move it but since this is a rental I don't want to tear anything down and the layout makes it hard to run a cable.

So I have in position A my modem and company router, in position C I have tv, chromecast, wiiu, in position B I have laptop and linksys wrt54g.

How do I catch the signal from point A at point B with my laptop, pass it to the linksys, and send it down the line to position C.
>>
File: 1485622040152.png (274KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485622040152.png
274KB, 500x500px
Is there any way at all to restrict disk usage on Windows?

I ask because Spotify is fucking hammering my drive. The whole thing slows downs when I'm listening to music and resource monitor shows huge writes coming from it.
>>
>>58811480
You likely have the feature enabled where it's downloading the files locally to your hard drive.

Look through your playlists and make sure they're not downloading the songs to your hard drive. Spotify does cache, however you don't even notice that it's caching.
>>
I have a 2013 rmbp with 4 gigs of ram.

Should I upgrade to sierra?
>>
File: 1485291026456.png (502KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1485291026456.png
502KB, 1366x768px
How do those people make windows look like it has Linux like DE? I have seen it couple of times but can't seem to find anything on that particularly,

Does it have something to do with windows 10 and bash support?
pic related is last instance I remember
>>
>>58811674
Bblean?
>>
>>58811378
Check the socket type
>>
File: download.jpg (55KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
55KB, 1000x1000px
should both of the wifi antennae be pointed upward or different directions?
>>
>>58811915

Right angles.
>>
>>58811448
I always advise against extenders/repeaters. It's just about the crappiest way to broaden your network. At the minimum you'll be cutting your network speed in half, and it's not doing positive things for your other stats either. I'd double down on running ethernet cable, it's usually not as hard as you would imagine. If you're desperate you could try powerline adapters. As far as what you're trying to do, yeah, you would put your second router in client/ap mode and set up ICS on your laptop.
>>
File: 2017-02-05 16_05_08-.png (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-05 16_05_08-.png
2MB, 2048x1152px
>>58811674
You mean like this?
>>
Ever since I put UltimaMod on my GS3 I haven't been able to access the SD card on my PC when I plug it in. I thought it was a general problem, but recently I plugged it into my work laptop and I can view everything perfectly fine.

So it's obviously something to do with my pc, but I don't know what. I've already reinstalled the drivers and I don't know where to go next. I was also thinking about AirDroid since it seems like it will get rid of all my problems, is that the case?
>>
>>58811981

>I always advise against extenders/repeaters. It's just about the crappiest way to broaden your network. At the minimum you'll be cutting your network speed in half, and it's not doing positive things for your other stats either
I guessed that the major bottleneck would be the external connection to the internet. Does this really affect things?
>>
File: photo_1486329542418.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
photo_1486329542418.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
Just got home from some vacations and my PC isn't booting. Can't even get it to The BIOS, it justo stays like this. It doesn't seem to detect The keyboard either.

Any ideas?
>>
File: screenFetch-2017-02-05_18-13-55.png (56KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
screenFetch-2017-02-05_18-13-55.png
56KB, 1280x800px
I installed Mageia with mate on my T400.
All is good other than I can't hold middle-click tof scroll with the trackpoint.
I can't find any guide to get it working, and the ones out there don't work.
Any help appreciated.
>>
>>58812304
Sounds like a dead mobo. Similar thing happened to me.
>>
sorry for late reply, I was rebooting after trying bblean and classic shell
>>58811874
incidentally I can't get it to run I'll have to see after I fix that
>>58812011
Yes that's it
>>
Found an old laptop in my closet, windows bluescreens when loading. I have damn small Linux running on a usb

I boot it, it works fine, but when I try to mount the internal it isn't there. I had to exclude the hard drive from the boot order because it would always take priority over the sub (even when I changed the boot order)

How do I get to the hdd?
>>
>>58810234
I was looking around to see if any of the models ringed any bells and I think I found it.

It's an Intel DH67BL. The PSU I have is a shit gray brick so that definitely has to go as well. I was thinking of getting a G2 550w. Does that one include the power connector needed for the 480?

Apart from ensuring those three parts are actually compatible I guess I should consider some extra fans but for those I don't have to worry about compatibility.
>>
>>58812435

it's probably fucked.
>>
>>58812464
I'm assuming that the hdd is corrupt. I don't even really care whats on it at this point. But I do want to at least try to recover it. If anything I'm just curious why I can't even see it in linux.

At least I have a new toy. What should I do with a
>>
>>58812382
oh, all I did was get an icon pack and then change all my icons on the taskbar and then changed my start orb

for the icons the icon pack that the screenshot you posted are these:
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Arc-Icons-618234093

for the start orb i cant find the one you posted but the one i use is this
http://hellokiwe.deviantart.com/art/Windows-Start-Orb-Glowing-Dot-328250539

and if you really want you can get a custom theme like this
http://neiio.deviantart.com/art/Arc-618235768

i think thats all
>>
>>58812336
It's workjing now. Suddenly it booted with no p`roblems. Glad it's ok now but I'm scared it might be a problem on the long run.
>>
File: 1474229370930.gif (2MB, 484x256px) Image search: [Google]
1474229370930.gif
2MB, 484x256px
What are some good distros for a x86 laptop/tablet with touchscreen? I have an Asus transformer book T100TA, running windows 10 right now, but it tends to lag and have slow performance when I first start it up or occasionally when its not charging, so I was hoping a gnu/linux OS might not take up as much space and might run more smoothly on it.
>>
File: stallman.jpg (205KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
stallman.jpg
205KB, 900x675px
How much data is too much data
>>
>>58812610
Gentoo
>>
>>58812579
Allright, thanks!
>>
File: DTQ19Z4SC.jpg (25KB, 463x449px) Image search: [Google]
DTQ19Z4SC.jpg
25KB, 463x449px
Is it possible to connect an hdmi/DVI GPU to an old CRT?
>>
>>58812995

You'll have an easier time with VGA output.
>>
File: ricochet.png (20KB, 198x270px) Image search: [Google]
ricochet.png
20KB, 198x270px
Yo-yo! Yo-yo! Help me out:

When I use Ricochet do I run the risk of becoming a node in the Tor network?
>>
File: IMG_20170205_180217049.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170205_180217049.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>58800805
Oh god help I've never had to put a SIM card in a phone and didn't use the rectangle thing. How do i get the card out? There must be some kind of idiot proofing to prevent this kind of thing from happening. I'm assuming it happens a lot with old people but I can't find anything online
>>
File: ada-dvi-vga-24+1.jpg (24KB, 699x525px) Image search: [Google]
ada-dvi-vga-24+1.jpg
24KB, 699x525px
>>58813054
The GPU came with one of these, I can use a VGA cable to connect it to a monitor with it, would that work or does the GPU itself needs to have a VGA ooutput?
>>
>>58813103

Assuming the DVI output is DVI-I (hint: it probably is) then that would work fine for plugging it in a PC CRT.
CRT TVs have different sync rates and you won't find a VGA port on them anyway.
>>
>>58812266
More than you would expect. It's a crummy way to set up a connection, especially if you plan on doing any file sharing across the network. Also the WRT54G maxes out at G speeds which severely limits your thoroughput from the beginning.
>>
>>58813125
>CRT TVs have different sync rates and you won't find a VGA port on them anyway

I know that, I remember a friend used to connect his computer to a crt tv to watch movies, I wanted to play some old games on the TV. I can't remember if he had a cable or some sort of conversor, that's why I asked.
>>
How do i recover the password of an ipod?
its probably the old one, i dont know.
>>
>>58812442
Yeah those will work. If your system has ok airflow and you're not planning on OCing you should be ok with stock fans.
>>
>>58813102
Nope. Yer boned. Best thing you can do is grab a couple of safety pins and start picking at it
>>
Why do Chrome themes look like ass on Windows 10? I just want a nice and simple dark look, but it skins the close/max/min buttons too.

In fact, the whole Themes website looks like it hasn't been updated for some years.
>>
File: wizard.jpg (44KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
wizard.jpg
44KB, 453x604px
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/D3YfkT

I'm building a new PC and as looking for some advice on how to lower the cost a bit. The person I'm building for demands that they can play Fallout 4 at 1080p flawlessly

Thanks in advance!
>>
File: 1461462850194.png (36KB, 649x434px) Image search: [Google]
1461462850194.png
36KB, 649x434px
>>58813208
Cheers my dude.
>>
>>58813323
Get a WD Blue instead seagate.
Get a 850 EVO isntead PNY.
650W PSU.
Corsair 200r?
>>
>>58813184

Well then it depends on the inputs on the TV.
Best case scenario is that your graphics card is actually physically capable of outputting 15KHz video and your TV has RGB SCART connections. In that case you just need a sync converter.

Highly unlikely though.
>>
Why did we had to set the image position on CRTs?
>>
>>58813323
You could save on the PSU (600-700w is plenty for that setup) and GPU if you really wanted, but you wouldn't get far. For what it's worth, I run FO4 on a 2GB GTX960 at Ultra with a few settings like AA turned down. 55-ish FPS on average, dips into the 40s under load but does get into the 70s and 80s fairly often.
>>
>>58813390
They could change over the time with movement and damage.
>>
>>58813390
Because unlike LCDs there aren't permanent pixels on the screen. It's all just projected onto there so the resolution is arbitrary, and you can reshape the image into whatever size you prefer
>>
>>58813353
>>58813440
Awesome, thanks guys!
>>
Is it possible to permanently fuck up your computer if you overclock incorrectly?

I was trying to OC my ram using Asus's EZ tuner thing and starting experiencing blue screens. So I swapped out the ram to ordinary non-overclocking ram, changed the bios settings back to default, and my pc worked fine for a few days. Then last night it started blue screening like crazy again.

Specs:
asus z170 pro
i7 6600 (non overclock)
16 GB ram (3300)
A week later: 16 GB ram (2133)

I am going to take g's advice and reformat/reinstall windows, I just dont want to continue to experience problems after doing so.

And yes I tested both individual sticks of the 2133 ram on memtest and both had no issues.
>>
>>58813556
Did you try putting the overclocking RAM back in?
>>
>>58813556
>Is it possible to permanently fuck up your computer if you overclock incorrectly?
Only your CPU.

Motherboard too if shitty motherboard VRM or Mosfets go FUBAR.
Did you remember to turn XMP off?
>>
>>58813573
I havent tried, no.

Actually for a week (before getting the new ram) I ran my pc on one stick of the OC ram and it worked fine.

The blue screens could very well be a software issue, I am just trying to rule out hardware entirely before moving forward.

>>58813584
See im kind of worried that my mobo tried to OC my cpu when I did the EZ tuner because my cpu isnt able to OC. Could that fuck up my cpu?

Also, when I was trying to OC my ram I had XMP on but now it is off, due to me defaulting my mobo settings.

Here is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/r3zQhq

Also, the CPU came from a previous build so that is why I am using a 170 board with an ordinary cpu.
>>
>>58804432
here's a copy of removewat which i've used
i can't prove it's good, but then neither can the other sites you visit, caveat emptor
jii.moe detects it as a crack tool, which is typical for what it is, so it has a password, "removewat"
https://jii.moe/HkSrT7BOg.7z
>>
Can anyone recommend some good bluetooth speakers for a smartphone. something around $50-100, or a useful guide. Thank you in advance.
>>
>>58813786
>jii.moe detects it as a crack tool, which is typical for what it is, so it has a password, "removewat"
You dont use RemoveWAT, you use Daz Loader with 7.
>>
>>58800805
are there still free ftp servers around? I prefer plain text to blog about whatever shit so 1MB would be plenty of space already. File names would be the topic, the dates are handled by the browser already.
>>
File: NewCanvas1.png (96KB, 1190x698px) Image search: [Google]
NewCanvas1.png
96KB, 1190x698px
how do i fix this shit? I can't install any updates. restarting the service did nothing
>>
>>58813844
you dont need that telemetry shit anyway anon
>>
>>58813844
http://wu.krelay.de/en/
>>
>>58813828
no, i use removewat
>>
>>58812319
help pls
>>
>>58813844
install gentoo
>>
>>58813878
thanks. does it matter which one I download?
>>
>>58813844
Do this in the following order:
>Install KB3102810
>Install KB3172605
>Update the Windows Update Agent to the latest version (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/949104/how-to-update-the-windows-update-agent-to-the-latest-version)
>Run this .bat: http://pastebin.com/C1kKVCuE
Always work for me
>>
>>58813919
For windows 7?
>>
>>58810050
>Why do people recommend the Glo HD over the Aura One?
>Is the larger size actually a bad thing?
>I know there are Glo HD on ebay but they're all japanese. Is that a problem?
>>
>>58814010
what does that .bat do?
>>
>>58813844
Disregard >>58813878

http://pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
>>
>>58814037
yep
>>
>>58814093
thank you
>>
>>58814117
Yup, using anything besides daz is stupid
>>
>>58814117
Use Daz instead.
Thread posts: 374
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.