[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else starting to think the internet was a mistake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 4347890276_a42b8eff77_b.jpg (264KB, 1024x999px) Image search: [Google]
4347890276_a42b8eff77_b.jpg
264KB, 1024x999px
Anyone else starting to think the internet was a mistake?
>>
took you quite some time to realize
>>
>>58798402
Took you long enough. We obviously need a new internet where normalfags are not allowed.
>>
>>58798402
not necessarily
the web, however, is
>>
>>58798531
A huge round-robin network with a proprietary cable format and link layer protocol, and anyone who wants to connect has to figure out how it works and make their own cables, adapters, and drivers
>>
>>58798552
That's too much of a barrier. Even something as simple as using a public key is too hard for 95% of the population.
>>
honestly things were better back in the 70's and 80's. You could get a job, pay for a house in less than a decade, eat out three times a week, and you didn't have to deal with political bs, racism didn't even exist, ghostbusters had a black man that just acted normal and not like a ghetto thug.

fuck this gay earth
>>
>>58798583
If dumb pooloos can copy and paste from stackoverflow, so can everyone else.

We need a large enough barrier to entry that nobody but the most skilled and dedicated would be allowed in.
>>
>>58798620
Fucking this so much
>>
>>58798623
On the other hand you want people who are lazy but useful (i.e. pretty much everyone honestly) to be able to get in. Maybe entry to the network requires performing an operation that changes based on when you join and what you join, thus only people who understand what's going on can actually go on in.
>>
Everything was fine until social media took over.
>>
Things I tried
>zeronet
Massive attack surface. Nothing else I have ever been made aware of has as high an attack surface. It couldn't even be used in a security class because it's too easy to pwn.
>freenet
Bad scaling with regards to disk space especially. Not enough adopters, so too slow.
>tor
bad scaling across number of nodes, as seen by its inability to do torrenting; used more as an anonymizing network over clearnet than on its own.
>i2p
same as tor except it scales better. no functional outproxy so it's really only used for internal services; takes forever to acquire site resolution so you don't even know if a site is down or if you just don't have enough nodes to get there or whatever else. Too few users, no good sites.
>gnunet
Beyond slow. Download speed for files that are even being seeded is counted in bytes per second, not even kb/s. distributed dns, tagging and filesearch are great though.
>ipfs
no dynamic content support, would need another system on top of it for that. no inherent anonymization.

Overall, everything except zeronet and ipfs is too slow, zeronet is flawed way beyond being downright unusable, ipfs doesn't do distributed logic on its own (maybe eth or maidsafe can help that?). Something IPFS-based is probably our best bet however.

Bonus: retroshare. Also slow as fuck, but it used to be pretty cool otherwise. In particular, it used to have anonymous forum support (removed in the newer version, have to identify now). F2f is a really cool idea, so long as you're careful and don't friend the feds (some people have).
>>
Maidsafe stable WHEN?
>>
>>58798620
There was definitely political BS and racism. You didn't study the cold war at all in school? They did have some things nicer but it wasn't a paradise.
>>
>>58798402
It was pretty good till you showed up.
>>
>>58799054
>>zeronet
>Massive attack surface. Nothing else I have ever been made aware of has as high an attack surface. It couldn't even be used in a security class because it's too easy to pwn.
Elaborate pls.
>>
>>58798531
That's existed for a while.
https://www.z1.fidonet.org/nodelist.html
>>
>>58798402
>>58798757
social media destroyed the internet.
with social media came people's idiotic political and social opinions.

i remember back in the 90s when a southern black university left their ftp open and anyone could edit their website. we did edit their site with both PC and non-PC content and no one cared.

there was no national outrage, there was no news story how white males are supremacists with privileges are ruining the country. nothing.

university admins eventually fixed the ftp server and people went on with their lives.

internet isnt fun anyone. too many fucking cry babies who demand attention for their hurt feelings.

everything that is wrong with today's society has found its way to the internet where it is magnified.
>>
>>58800867
At least you didn't have an excuse to be unemployed, Will was everything ;_;
>>
>>58800950
Forced js means every and any js exploit is unblockable. Moreover, you can track people by ID even when the site doesn't display IDs because they're necessary to know who to download what data from. IDs can only be regenerated once per 6 hours. Can't use tor because IDs deanonymizes you, too. Also, because of the aforementioned paradigm where everything is js, as well as the fact that IDs are used to get people to download from other people for the data they upload, anyone can change the content they uploaded by changing their local files, and everyone will download the new version (this would trivially be fixed by an md5sum or so check but apparently the zerofags didn't think of that), bypassing all sanitization attempt.
>>
Since 1993
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.