[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What in the fucking fuck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1.png (5KB, 341x229px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
5KB, 341x229px
What in the fucking fuck? Visual Studio already includes OUT OF THE FUCKING BOX a git repository method? What the hell is going on with Microsoft lately? Did the freeturds from GANUE/LUNIX and Stallman's basemen invaded their headquarters (are they pajeets?). First the Open Sourcing of the whole core of .NET in the MIT license, and now this. What's next, open sourcing WPF too?
>>
>>58796958
WPF is disgusting so wouldn't be a game changer.
>>
Get a life
>>
>>58797039

> get a life
> he's on 4chan

> implications have been implied by an implicator
>>
>>58797033
I like GTK.
>>
Embrace
Extend
Extinguish
>>
>>58796958
Microsoft realized they could profit off of hosting open source stuff with azure
>>
>>58797033
>>58797057

GTK is a cancerous pile of junk. Everyone hates it. It's a hell of a dependency hellhole to install well on windows or other non-ganue-lunux.

Qt is not far off either. A bit more polished but still it's a victim of its ambition. When you have to support 999 platforms is half-arsed.
>>
>>58797057
That implies two options:
a. you never developed with it
b. you are a gtk core dev
>>58797033
this
>>
>>58797057
GTK is definitely better than WinForms, however I think GUIs should be left to HTML/CSS where they have excelled.
>>
>>58797085
>Qt is not far off either. A bit more polished but still it's a victim of its ambition. When you have to support 999 platforms is half-arsed.
It's fine, as long as you don't buy into the QtQuick "rich UI" meme.
>>58797099
>however I think GUIs should be left to HTML/CSS where they have excelled.
>>
>>58797099
>>58797122

HTML is a total meme that it's optimal for the desktop. Only Google shills claim it because they sell botnet services to web developers. The problems are numerous and severe, ranging from being impossible to close your source security, to having abysmally bad performance compared to local hardware in most cases, to not even taking advantage of the OS.

In general it's a half-arsed job. We have a lot of half-arsed jobs lately. It's mainly because multi-platform is such a fucking meme that anyone is screeching to meme for their multiplatform garbage when in the end only a multi-Conglomerate of coders could even near the complexity and quality of something like XAML+C# development on Visual Studio if they had to do it fully cross-OS.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend_and_extinguish
>>
>>58797676

They are not that stupid. You can not extinguish water. Open Source is like trying to tell people free is more expensive not free on the same quality.

No no no, there is something else going on here.

I believe Microsoft is actually semi-"GPL"ing it.
>>
>>58797676

That's just paranoia speak from communists and fascists that find it hard to believe that being a lazy fucking asshole isn't going to bring you any piles of money any time soon.
>>
git is an exceedingly popular DVCS. only makes sense that microsoft would add support for git to visual studio seeing as microsoft uses git themselves.
>>58797071
>>58797676
how do you embrace extend and extinguish git? the program itself is GPL and the vast majority of its users don't use visual studio. it's just a porcelain/frontend.
>>58797780
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>58797085
Use Xaw.
>>
File: 1343120413913.jpg (39KB, 306x378px) Image search: [Google]
1343120413913.jpg
39KB, 306x378px
Wait, are you mad that Microsoft is adding desirable features to their product which they don't force you to use?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.