[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I sign into Chrome, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1457323599616.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1457323599616.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
Should I sign into Chrome, /g/?
>>
>falling for the "muh speed" meme
>giving in to the botnet in the first place
>>
>>58787693
if you use more than one computer, then yes. super comfy to have the same auto-complete, bookmarks, extensions, and passwords over all my computers.
>>
Yes goy
>>
Wot?
>>
>>58787693
Would you cut off your dick and give it too Google?
>>
>>58789588
Yes
>>
>>58787693

I don't use Firefox because it's better, but because it offers more freedoms. One of them is looking under the hood. Another is not being part of a botnet.

True, Chrome renders some stuff faster because a global corporation can just throw a few hundred millions at optimisation, but i can spare a few microseconds for freedom. Also, all those addons are pretty cool! Even wrote some myself.

So, all the problems with Chrome and Firefox in mind, i pick Firefox. So should anyone around here.
>>
>>58787693
Sure, why not. If you're using Chrome then Google already knows who you are based on your search patterns, the pages you visit, etc.

If you're going to give the botnet your information, you might as well heap some of the benefits from it.
>>
>>58789795
>One of them is looking under the hood. Another is not being part of a botnet.
Use ungoogled chromium/Inox/iridium.
It's open source chrome without the botnet.

It is literally the best of both worlds, Firefox is just inferior.
>>
>>58789820
DuckDuckGo has really improved over the last few years. You don't need Foogle (much).
>>
File: 1483908111325.jpg (216KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1483908111325.jpg
216KB, 720x540px
>>58789835

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/06/17/debian_chromium_hubbub/

Check and mate, mate.

Chromium is indeed OSS now, but still part of the botnet collectiong your info. As soon as people look away they'll sneakily insert their binary blobs again.

This is what global corporations like Alphabet do, the just don't care about your freedom.

Actually saying Firefox is inferior doesn't make it so. You are exchanging slightly faster rendering times for freedom.

Enjoy your microseconds and botnet.
>>
>>58789853
You don't need to use Google's search engine for Chrome to be able to track you. Even if you use DuckDuckGo, Chrome is still the one sending the requests.
>>
>>58789875
Are you retarded?

I didnt say that you should use chromium. Its part of the google botnet.

If you had any reading comprehension you would have noted, that I said that you should use one of the chromium derivatives that have specifically removed these botnet parts.

Seriously read the post before you reply.
>>
>>58790155
but the grome gui still is and always was pure cancer
>>
>>58790255
It is better then anything else I have seen.

Atleast significantly less obnoxious then the Firefox interface.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.