[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the FCC is attacking net neutrality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: hapcon 3.gif (23KB, 310x760px) Image search: [Google]
hapcon 3.gif
23KB, 310x760px
The FCC isn't going to go after Verizon or AT&T for zero-rating their own video services for their mobile data plans. Cell phone companies can now have different services count for different amounts of data use.
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/02/fcc-rescinds-claim-that-att-and-verizon-violated-net-neutrality/

At this rate, how much longer until they kill net neutrality completely?
>>
Does no one here give a shit about defending net neutrality anymore? All the fucking newfags here who weren't around when Verizon blocked access to 4chan in 2010 and only changed their mind because anonymous was still active. Now the internet population has grown significantly and a site today with a community the size of 4chan back then would have a very hard time fighting back.
>>
File: 1480729775209.jpg (33KB, 720x706px) Image search: [Google]
1480729775209.jpg
33KB, 720x706px
>>58787890
>Does no one here give a shit about defending net neutrality anymore?
I do.
Fuck these paid shills!
>>
>>58787182
I'm getting the social networking package as soon as my ISP starts shilling it.
>>
>>58787890
Because /pol/ has leaked beyond control to other boards. You can't say anything bad about current government without starting a stupid discussion that has no relation to the topic at hand.

About the net neutrality, I'm actually kinda okay with internet providers extorting money from big businesses. But they're not going to stop there, ISPs are the biggest and nastiest rent-seekers in computer ecosystem.
>>
>>58787182
This is so fucking stupid.
>>
>>58787890
>>58788819
Fuck off numale cuck shills.
>>
>>58788676

It will not contain 4chan.
>>
>>58787182
>Voting for tramp
Americans are dumb, aren't they?
>>
>>58787890
>>58787952
>>58787182
>>58788676
>>58789987

ANNOUNCEMENT: You are delusional if you actually believe ISPs will charge for different websites through packages.
>>
>>58789987
I'm Britbong and I'd vote for him.
>>
Swedens "FCC" gave a major telecom provider a notice to cease for doing this. If we, of all places, can do it, so can you.

Those of you over there right now need to start writing letters.
>>
>>58790090
Exactly. American telecoms have a long and proud history of putting the welfare of their consumers above just trying to make a quick buck. They wouldn't tarnish their pristine reputation by doing that, even though the cable companies are feeling pressured by internet streaming services of their competitors and they're already using data caps and they have regional monopolies so they can just do whatever they want anyway and they have no reason not to anymore. The Invisible Hand will sort this out like it always does.
>>
File: 1388144136534.jpg (55KB, 358x469px) Image search: [Google]
1388144136534.jpg
55KB, 358x469px
>>58787182
Its fine guys, Trump knows best! He has the people's interest in mind because he's draining the swamp!
>>
>>58787890
Trump shitters control the legislative and the executive branch. They now want to control the judicial branch as well.

It won't matter what nay-sayers have to say.
>>
File: ajit_pai.jpg (19KB, 990x400px) Image search: [Google]
ajit_pai.jpg
19KB, 990x400px
You guys were wrong about Wheeler. Give Ajit a chance.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.