[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best GUI in the world and why is it still WPF?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (413KB, 1517x851px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
413KB, 1517x851px
What is the best GUI in the world and why is it still WPF?
>>
>>58775383
terrible
>>
>windows only
>best at anything
lmao
>>
>>58775383
>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer
>>
Why is /g/ full of microsoft shills?
>>
>Terrible?
Design your own, show us what open source can do!
>>
>>58775530
>muh GTK cancer
>>
>>58776271
Probably just pajeet shilling for the last couple of days about WPF.
>>
>>58776271
Why wouldn't it be? You're the minority, not us.
>>
>>58776271
Yet you conveniently ignore all the "lol wincucks switch to linux, muh gnu is superior" threads. There's an active one right now with a bunch of freetard shills
>>
>>58775383
WPF is great but it has a serious problem
>you cannot reliably base styles on the default ones (no way to tell that I want this style to be based on whatever this control would've had otherwise)
It's also EXTREMELY verbose.
>>
>>58775383
looks like a website, aka shit, to be sincere
>>
Man I'm a dotnet dev and this shilling of wpf is doing my nut in. There's a thread everyday about it
>>
>>58775383
>windows only
>probably will be deprecated out of nowhere like winforms
>good

ok buddy. here's your (You)
>>
>>58777357

You are talking about a detail that is easily rectified with simple resources usage.

WPF is just amazing compared to knockoffs like Qt.

Qt honest gives the impression of being developed by 10 neckbears that used decades for a product Microsoft could have done in 2 months.

I literally tried Qt Creator yesterday, on it's latest stable version and it hanged its taskbar when I used full screen mode.

HAHAHYHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you can't make this shit up. a GUI editor for a GUI framework and it crashes on an empty project. jesus fucking christ.

I've only seen Visual Studio crashing when it is pounded for hours with random bloated shit from the user and even then it usually offers to debug its own self.
>>
>>58780388

WPF is basically the premiere framework for anything that is purely desktop on Windows, and that includes Windows 10 and the future, at least in the medium term.

This is because it uses XAML and C# and both of those are not superseded by anything at all.

All the basic Microsoft Mobile frameworks you here about are still a subset of XAML only.
>>
>>58780606
>knockoffs like Qt
Regardless of how shit qt might be, it also came out almost 2 decades earlier than WPF. I don't see any way that it could possible be a knockoff.
>>
>>58780630

It is recently. They try to copy XAML with something they call QML. I did tried it myself and we're talking about the first babby steps of a couple of freetards, the editor is totally shit, the features seem limited, etc.

To tell you the truth, I currently read a WPF book and that thing has so many features that you do NEED a Conglomerate of coders to do this multiplatform. It even has fucking spell checking for all things.
>>
>>58780661

I'm trying to say that Qt does something honorable and extensive but it a victim of its own ambition. Having to be 100% multiplatform, you walk baby steps all along the way. It can never compete that easily against Microsoft if we are comparing one OS alone.

I mean I try to imagine Microsoft open sourcing their stuff like they did with the core of .NET and it would be an extreme undertaking.

The mere features alone, the exceptions, the abstractions, without even going to the high level multimedia stuff.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.