[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there an easy way to make RJ45 cables? I am trying to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (98KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
98KB, 1920x1080px
Is there an easy way to make RJ45 cables?

I am trying to make some, but I always fuck it up when I need to shove the wires in.
>>
>>58763704
there are self-crimping rj45 connectors somewhere but I think they might be cat-6
Just git gud and press them real tight like when shovin it in, ya know, like a penis
>>
They are by their very nature easy to prepare. It's like asking if there's an easy way to make instant coffee.

Just be patient and maybe get some new glasses.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>58763704
You need to splurge on the crimping tool that squeezes the pins. Otherwise you will fail. The connector package should have the wiring color order.. After you do 10 or so an expert you will be desu.
>>
>>58763704
i line them up then put a dab of superclue to hold them when i put it on the clip.
>>
>>58763704
just practice and good crimping pliers, all you need
>>
>>58763704
That's the only hard part. What I do is line them up, square off the lengths with a cutter. Insert into the jack and wiggle around a bit. Remove and clip the lengths to even AGAIN, because the center wires always poke out a bit more. Then insert into the jack, maintain that insertion pressure while crimping the fuck out of it.
>>
Just practice.

Buy rj-45 plugs with load bars if you want to make it easier.
>>
>>58763704
Yes, you need a crimping tool and not to be an autist.
>>
The easiest way is to use Platinum Tools 'EZ-Crimp' w/ their ratcheting crimper.

Instead of the pairs bottoming out in the cat5 plug - the wires feed through the end allowing you a chance to double check your wiring and gives you something to grab to ensure the load bars are super tight against the twisted pairs.

Downside is the slightly increased cost of each connector and the need to use their crimper (or use flush cutters post crimp).

Cat6 is such a pita to get a certified crimp out of that you might as well use these.
>>
tl;dr No, you need to fuck around getting those wires in the right order and it will take you five tries every time. It's a bit easier if you pay for overly-expensive connectors like >>58764406.
>>
>>58763704
Practice took me doing like 20 cables and fucking up 6 times that before I got the hang of it.
>>
Not OP but this thread reminds me I think I have the oldest RJ45 crimper known to man. It appears to have been made in a small machine shop.

Can get pics if anyone's curious.
>>
>>58763704
get a couple of meters of ethernet cable, 10-20 RJ45 connectors and practice. It will take a couple of tries but eventually you'll get it.
It's the simplest way.
>>
>>58763704
As long as both sides are the same it will work. Admittedly standards exist for a reason and you will get better performance that way. Not hard to learn, you really only need to learn one of two.You don't need to worry about crossover/rolled or any of that shit. Most devices use auto-mdix now anyway.
>>
Not op, but I've been running trouble when making cables with cat6 wire with the separator running down the length of the wire. Is there a conforming method of chopping that off or is my stanley knife enough?
>>
>>58763704
>Is there an easy way to make RJ45 cables?
Yea, the right way. What are you even talking about? Stripping and crimping cables is retardedly simple.
>>
what a coincidence, today I was making some.

You have to bend the cables a little bit until you can keep them in position. Shit's a bit finicky because some of them will return to a different position.

It's not hard, it's just somewhat tedious. Big hands are a bitch too. Keep practicing though, those rj45 plugs are cheap.
>>
>>58766943
Please do. I wanna see.
>>
>>58766943
Curious here
>>
>>58763704
no
you just buy machined ones off monoprice and save yourself the hassle

trust that the factory robot is better than what you can do by hand, because it is
>>
>>58769289
Are you some kind of retard?

You're not performing microsurgery. You're pushing fucking wires into a plastic thing and pressing it.

You can't do that? Are you legitimately a fucking retard?
>>
>>58767668
>ethernet cable
>>
it's literally the easiest part of networking how do you fuck it up
>>
File: ethcable568a.gif (12KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
ethcable568a.gif
12KB, 400x250px
>>58763704
>strip the outer jacket, if you see a white plastic string inside the cable, cut it
>untwist the pairs and flatten each one of them
>arrange the wires like the picture
>using a cutter, cut the wires to make them the same size
>insert the wires into RJ45 connector and crimp ir with the tool
>>
If a retard like me can do it, you can do it motherfucker
>>
I crimped my first RJ45 yesterday. What's so hard about it? Worked on the first try.

Had to keep double-checking every wire since green/brown look the same to me though.
>>
>>58763704
Use Cat5e, Cat6 uses thicker gauge wires which makes shoving them into the connector a pain in the ass
>>
>>58763704
just looked up how to make your own cables as I honestly thought you had to expose wire and slide it in just right...

motherfucker the wires separate themselves, and connect themselves once you place it in. looking at what a crimper does, you could get by with a flat head screwdriver and a hammer, but 5$ buys you a purpose made tool, get the fucking tool.
>>
>>58769882
You probably already know.
Get some colored lenses, or even some cellophane.
>>
>>58763704
>I always fuck it up when I need to shove the wires in.

Is this the new /g/?
>>
>>58771754
Is this the new shitposting meme?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.