[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Linux problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1485991123001.jpg (70KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
1485991123001.jpg
70KB, 604x603px
When I experience any kind of problem with Linux, and specially when even numerous forum threads cannot solve it, I get angry. I am mad at this half-working, problems-ridden, apps-lacking piece of shit.
But then I realize Linux is absolutely free and incredible amount of work has been put into it by volunteers and I kind of start appreciating all of the aspects of it. We have a decently working office suite ffs! And that's something we couldn't have imagined in 2003, for example. And the amount of adequate games has increased sufficiently. Thank you all who contributed to the development of that system.
>>
>>58763625
Linux is still a piece of shit.
>>
>>58763640
Yes, but not as smelly as it was 5 years ago.
>>
The thing that buggs me about Linux is the notion that if you need something to work properly, you must pay. Communism won't get you anywhere. And the mire you pay, the more quality product you will have. Yes I am talking about apple.
>>
>>58763734
>due to low level education i can't recognize what is communism and free software development
>Yes I am talking about apple.
All hail the b8!
>>
>>58763625
>I am mad at this half-working, problems-ridden, apps-lacking piece of shit.

Imagine how angry you would be in PAY2PLAY windows or apple, sure they have apps but the rest is the same.
>>
>>58764067
Free software development bears the same result as communism.
>>
>>58764188
>tfw my website runs on communism
Thanks Stalin.
>>
>>58763625
>tries to use an os that doesn't do everything for him
>it doesn't do everything for him
I don't see what the problem here is.
>apps-lacking
Oh, you're retarded. Go back to windows then? It makes using facebook easier.
>>
>>58764180
Really? My touchpad gestures work perfectly on mac book. Try to adjust touchegg on cinnamon for example.
>>
>>58764214
Facebook? What the fuck are you talking about? Are you retarded?
I am talking about video, photo, and audio editing, for example.
>>
Just fucking stop talking about this parody of OS
>>
>>58764227
Easystroke works fine {Though I've never worked with cinnamon}.
But hey, if you like gestures and maybe easystroke still doesn't work nice for you, it's an expensive feature.

>Folder merging wasn't on my wishlist anyway
>>
>>58763625
>When I experience any kind of problem with Linux, and specially when even numerous forum threads cannot solve it, I get angry. I am mad at this half-working, problems-ridden, apps-lacking piece of shit.

You tried to explain your problem to the so helpful comunity? Usually idiots like you search for a "solution" and in reality what they are doing is "solution inceptions" searching for a solution of a solution of a solution, just tell us your problem and we help you.
>>
>>58764894
Ok. The problem is touchpad gestures don't work on cinnamon desktops(tried mint and antergos). How to enable and configure touchpad gestures(pinches, drags and swipes) on cinnamon.
A dude had the same problem and had no answer.
https://forum.antergos.com/topic/3989/touchpad-configuration-with-touchegg-not-working
>>
>>58764282
>calling video, photo, and audio editing software apps
>trying to claim he's not retarded

I don't need to edit any sort of multimedia for my work, so I can't speak to the professional viability of software like gimp, audacity, and kdenlive; however, I have used all three of these programs extensively and they've never caused me any problems.

I'm not trying to say they're just as good as their windows counterparts, because in truth I haven't used their windows counterparts; but to insinuate that linux has no software that can adequately manipulate video/audio/photo data is frankly, retarded.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.