[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 Wireless Routers, 1 Cable Modem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Fuck Comcast, I plan to share my internet with neighbor, split the bill, get a high speed plan enough for the both of us to share.

Neighbor also wants the pure authentic experience so I need to get a longg ass LAN cable, drag it from my house to his, and hook it wireless router at their house. The problem is: Can I hook up another wireless router to my cable modem when the cable modem only has 1 WAN port? I don't need another WAN port to hook up another wireless router right?
He doesn't want wireless bridging.

How should I approach this?

STFU hax0rmans, there will be no problem with privacy
>>
>>58754427
You can bridge two separate routers with an ethernet cable
>>
>>58754427
Use a router/splitter.
>>
>>58754460
This will ensure that they will pretty much have the same quality of connection right? Their own wireless network and own lan?

So I basically plug another router into my routers ethernet jack, configure the thing and it's all good? They get same connection quality?
>>
>>58754427
>How should I approach this?

How about Google? User manuals? Common Sense 2k17?

/g/sus, read the fucking sticky. This isn't a tech support board.
>>
Hook WAN to one router plug other router into other router through the "LAN port". On the second router that you're feeding internet, plug the cable through LAN ports, not internet access port. This way it'll make a different subnet for your neighbor, unless you want him to be in your lan which in that case plug it into to the internet port. I may have them mixed up but just google it lmao
>>
>>58754427
Hey OP, I don't think you want to share local lan with your neighbor. Each of you should be on a different subnet with shared upstream interface. Openwrt routers are like $30 do don't skimp on this.
>>
>>58754610
U need to set up a vlan
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.