[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucking hate smartphones, what's the best dumbphone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: brick_phone.jpg (102KB, 342x351px) Image search: [Google]
brick_phone.jpg
102KB, 342x351px
I fucking hate smartphones, what's the best dumbphone
>>
>>58753735
Anything with a keyboard with actual buttons and no touchscreen
>>
>>58753735
ur mum
>>
>>58753735
NO kia N95 has a nice 5 megapixel camera
>>
File: Nokia_Asha_210_1.jpg (60KB, 351x355px) Image search: [Google]
Nokia_Asha_210_1.jpg
60KB, 351x355px
This one.
>>
>>58753829
>>58753868
OP here, thanks for the suggestions. I'd really like one with little social media integration but then I use spotify daily, is the phone I'm trying to find even in existence.
>>
>>58754034
>no smartphones
>need Spotify
>>
>>58754034
No

Spotify only runs on
>Android
>iOS
>Windows
>Adobe Flash

Without one of those you cannot run spotify
>>
>>58753735
>I fucking hate smartphones, what's the best dumbphone
Who the hell cares, get on with the times and get a cheap chink smartphone. You don't want to look like a fucking drug dealer.
>>
>>58754067
>>58754040
Thinking some sort of music player and dumbphone combo will work best
>>
>>58754113
ya, this is what I am hoping to possibly do; I hate having all my shit bound to the same ecosystem run by the same people

Though at some point it starts to seem ridiculous
>dumbphone
>music player
>laptop
>>
>>58754113
ipod touch + old phone, maybe? what's even your problem with smartphones if you use social media and spotify?
>>
>>58754238
A lot of useless apps wasting my time really, I need a long term solution. I'm trying to cut back on phone usage and replace it with increased reading and such.
>>
>>58754286
Then stop using cell phones at all?
or are you some normalfaggot with friends
>>
Imagine if there was some way you could read on a phone
>>
>>58754210
Just buy a music player and torrent the music you listen to on Spotify.

I am going to assume you use the playlists and want to discover new music but that's all I got
>>
>>58754034
What about any smartphone? Just deactivate/uninstall any social media integration app you wouldn't want on it.
>>
Do ipod shuffles work with spotify?
>>
>>58754785
No. Are you retarded?
>>
>>58754785
no.

refer to >>58754067
>>
>>58753735
>>58754034
What's your end game?

Are you trying to use a smartphone without a data plan?
Or are you trying to be a cheap ass, and not pay money for one?

Or do you really want a very basic phone that can only handle messaging, and voice calls?
>>
>>58755879
His end game is to send texts, occasionally phone calls, and maybe(maybe) play music; on a device that's not $200, doesn't require a fucking expensive plan just to get basic functionality, isn't designed from the ground up as a dedicated privacy raping tool…
you get the idea
>>
>>58755925
Yes yes we have this thread every week or so it's just hipsters refusing to admit they are hipsters. Don't make me break out the shit phone salesman character.
>>
>>58755925
Buy a cheap, used smartphone on eBay.
Install SlimRom, and then Gapp and decide exactly what you want on it
Put in your sim card, use wifi.

And hope that your provider wont notice, or care that you are using a smart phone without a data plan. If they even have contracts without dataplans these days.
>>
LG Phoenix II isn't a dumbphone, but it's a cheap smartphone (70 dollars) with decent performance and gets things done.
>>
Nobody has mentioned blackberry.

A q10, Classic, or Passport gives you smartphone functionality, while still having a function > form design.
You get a full QWERTY keyboard, touchscreen, dece camera, and android implementation allowing you to download .apks, sd card, removable battery.

Look into it, seems like the only REAL functional replacement for current smartphones.

CHEAP asf and seriously comfy
>>
What's with all the threads made just to mention Jewafiy lately? Are they planing to sell off soon?
>>
>>58754785
Yes
>>
File: IMG_0205.jpg (17KB, 220x309px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0205.jpg
17KB, 220x309px
This
>>
>>58755956
>Install SlimRom
Why not a custom ROM that people have actually heard of?

>and then Gapp
Why? That's just one of the privacy raping features that people would want to do without. Also, if someone doesn't want the extra features of smartphones (OP being an exception due to wanting Spotify), then why go through all the trouble of getting one that's supported by a custom ROM, installing that custom ROM, and ensuring you don't install any spyware (which most apps now days contain) when you can just get a dumbphone that doesn't have the problem of spyware being forced on you at every turn and still fulfills your needs? Dumbphones also have the added bonus of physical keyboards still being available for texting while those have been almost completely removed on smartphones.

>If they even have contracts without dataplans these days.
You can still get cell service without data.
>>
File: braum_nokia.jpg (47KB, 720x612px) Image search: [Google]
braum_nokia.jpg
47KB, 720x612px
>>58753735
>>
Telstra tough phone 3
It uses .mid files for ring tone as well, so got some 2hu ones loaded up :)
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.