[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

server question?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1483822449131.jpg (30KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483822449131.jpg
30KB, 640x640px
is it possible to have 1 server (probably at your backyard or basement) and that would provide your website to whole world. . . i cannot afford to have servers on another country, and can somebody also reccomend a good server with at least 8gb ram. more man 4gb/s speed and storage of at least 500gb. . .
and how much will this whole cost me,.
if you have books on this topic pls include . i am just new to this server management and programming world, (you might have figured it out, i donot have money to pay for my college)
thankyou
>>
>>58752567
You bring yourself great shame
>>
>>58752591
why?
how?
>>
>recommend me a good server
are you retarded?
>>
>>58752567
>provide your website to whole world
That's kind of the point of a server.

Anyway, most ISP's prohibit you from running servers from home. If it's low traffic they probably won't care though. Most ISP's dont give you much upload speed anyway, so you'll have to limit the speeds users can download at to probably less than 100kb/s. 10 people downloading @ 100k/b = 1MB's of upload already.

>reccomend a good server with at least 8gb ram. more man 4gb/s speed and storage of at least 500gb
Why not just build it yourself. The only difference is the OS you're using. Buy 8gb of ram. Buy a 500gb HDD. No clue what you mean by "4gb/s speed".
>>
>>58753351
i am not sure if every server will be able to hold the traffic ,that users might generate. if the hdd cannot be read at that speed , it might cause problems. . .
not in networking layer but at mu own server, i checked that some servers come with the max speed at which they can serve the "get" request
>>
Since Op seems to be away I'd like to ask if it's even possible to access Op server. From what I know isp are giving dynamic ip and static ip as a paid feature.
How such server could be accessed from browsers? Domain name should be registered before It can be accessed. Or is it just "name" that's being registered and such server can still be accessed without registration by using its ip Adress.
>>
>>58752567
ISPs dont like it, residential internet is shit, you dont want your home systems exposed so you have to do proper networking

just get a cheap VPS, they're not as expensive as you think. You can find deals at sites like https://lowendbox.com/ or forums like webhostingtalk. You probably really don't need 8GB ram, 4Gb/s internet or 500GB.

Do you want something to store files? Something to pirate with? Something to run a game server? Websites? This isn't a one size fits all thing.

I can recommend lowendbox when they have promos, they let you use any iso you want for your server. Be aware openvz machines are going to be stuck on an old linux kernel, that isn't necessarily always a problem though, they're cheap and a dime a dozen for cheap basic servers.
>>
>>58752567
Just buy an ODROID C2.
>>
>>58754047
if your router supports a dynamic dns you can use that, if not run it on some device you have to autoupdate their records. Don't pay to use your own domain with them just add their shitty one as a cname on dns for your own domain. That's how I connect through to my home machine. Naturally firewalls and port forwarding are present as well.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.