[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to get started on learning Python since I already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1479684052337.jpg (170KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1479684052337.jpg
170KB, 900x900px
I'm trying to get started on learning Python since I already know c++,c, c# and Lua. I was thinking about learning java but i find that only mac faggots enjoy coding in java. What are some good Python IDE's with build in debugger and compiler?
>>
PyCharm
>>
>>58752267
seconded
>>
>>58752255
Vim + CPython interpreter + pen and paper to prove that your algorithms are mathematically correct.
>>
>python
>ide

???
just use vim you fag
>>
Use any word Editor
Read the official Python docs from Start to end
Also:
>Python
>Compiler
>>
>>58752306
this
>>
>>58752255
You know c++ and still asking this question ?
>compiler
Learn c or C++/
>>
>>58753760
python does or doesnt use a compiler
>>
>>58754155
what does knowing c++ have to do with his question? he wants to know whats the best ide for python, c++ has codelite code blocks and VS... in my opinion VS is better than the other 2, so whats bad about asking
>>
>>58755799
Because someone that would actually know those languages would already know the answer.
>>
>>58756250
so knowing c++ means I will know the best IDE/editor for all programming languages

yeah ok
>>
>>58756341
No he knows C,C++,C#,lua that would make u think that he knows how to search for a IDE that works for python.
It's the same as a sysadmin asking "how do i boot this computer"
>>
>python
Why not learn something like ocaml, f# or haskell? Python will only teach you bad habits.
>>
>>58756507
just to learn a new language, also cause i hear python is good for machine learning, AI and automating things in your computer. Whats good about the languages you propose? Are there any other you recommend to learn
>>
>>58756507
>Python will only teach you bad habits

(reference needed)
>>
>>58757675
Maybe you should learn Lisp since it is objectively the best, and stop playing around with kiddie languages like Python.
>>
>>58757675
IMO learning a language for the sake of learning a language is totally pointless. You need to familiarize yourself with new programming paradigms and learn to apply them on different platforms. Multi paradigm languages like f# or ocaml can help you with this because they allow you to use whatever paradigm you need to solve a problem. If you learn python, you'll be learning new syntax for shit you already know how to do in better languages. Haskell is good for diving straight into pure functional if you don't want to fuck around with writing multi paradigm code. The best thing about these languages is that they make it easy to express complicated ideas in simple form with mimimal debugging required.
>>
>>58758710
Pretentious LARPer who actually doesn't know shit spotted
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.