[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HDMI to DVI-D adapter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 51PdaaTE3UL._SX355_.jpg (22KB, 355x305px) Image search: [Google]
51PdaaTE3UL._SX355_.jpg
22KB, 355x305px
Question about HDMI port, i was using a AMD 7950 with a vga cable and dvi adapter to connect to the GPU, now i upgraded to a gtx 1060, and connected via HDMI, but alt tabbing full screen games got slower, i read its because of the HDMI, that they dont like to switch resolutions or something, also that its supposed to be on GPU end.

So, would i benefit from this HDMI to DVI-D adapter? (since the 1060 has hdmi, display port and dvi-d ports) my monitor only has hdmi and vga.
>>
>>58750608
>So, would i benefit from this HDMI to DVI-D adapter?

No.
>>
>>58750638
good answer, why? i know the signal is the same, but i would be using a different port on the GPU, does the slow alt tab thing comes from the monitor port or the GPU one? i only found info about being on the GPU one.
>>
what if the refresh rate of windows is set to default to 59hz? would that cause a slow alt tab since the full screen aplication is running at 60hz? it seems to me that HDMI is shit when switching modes, is DVI or even display port the same?
>>
>>58751055
http://www.ghacks.net/2010/04/28/59-hertz-refresh-rate/
>>
Dvi is archaic technology that just needs to die
>>
>>58750608
just set scaling on the GPU and get over it.
>>
Use a the VGA to DVI connection again and report back.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.