[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monitor Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Clouded-Monitor-Lizard.jpg (198KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Clouded-Monitor-Lizard.jpg
198KB, 1024x768px
Looking for a monitor? here you go
Questions about monitors? here you go
Want to talk about monitors? here you go

Looking at getting a 24-26" 1440P IPS monitor.
Would be used for movies, games, photoediting etc.
Is the U2515H a good idea or would a cheaper QNIX be as good?
>>
File: 2017-01-12 10.36.48.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-12 10.36.48.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
For photo editing and movie watching you'll want the nicer dell/asus.

I have two PB258Q (the asus version of the dell U2515H).

Great monitors for color accuracy at this price point.

They aren't the best for fast paced games because of the 60hz refresh rate, but you wont find a good color quality IPS with 144hz refresh rate and 1440p resolution for under $600.
>>
>>58749759
That was the only thing about the dell that bothered me. I would be playing most things at 1080 until I upgrade my GPU, but I'm fine with that.

Also yea, fuck the pricing of the more expensive stuff.
>>
>>58749819
yeah the 60hz doesn't bother me for the games I play, and the games I do play i'm getting over 100fps so meh.

I've had these monitors almost a year now and would buy them again.
>>
File: 2016-12-24 10.58.06.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-24 10.58.06.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>58749865
oh yeah here is a picture with more vibrant colors just so you can get an idea.
>>
>>58749895
Ohh that looks nice. Can you share the wallpaper as well?
>>
>>58749921
>>
>>58749949
thanks, anon.
>>
Recommendation for a 1440p, 100hz+ monitor with Gsync?

I know there are only a few on the market right now but I'd love to hear what you guys think is the best.
>>
>>58750355
Acer Predator XB271HU
>>
>>58750373
It was likely between that and the Asus IPS equivalent. I've heard mixed things about the backlight bleed though, any elaborations on that?
>>
>>58750459
You're going to get backlight bleed on those monitors. The manufacturing processes simply aren't mature or advanced enough to avoid it currently.

You can hope you get one of the "good" ones, but you can't hold your breath.

My advice is to have a well lit room so it doesn't bother you.
>>
>>58750482
I see. Would you weight the benefits of an IPS over a TN as worth it even considering that?

It's tough to make a solid call as I'm going to be gayming and editing.
>>
>>58750577
TN has garbage color accuracy, if you need things to look like how they look on your monitor, you'll want IPS.

I refuse to go with TN panels because they're just so garbage when compared directly to an actually color accurate panel.

If you dont need color accuracy and don't have an IPS to compare it to, you probably wont mind the TN.
>>
>>58750577
There really is no comparison between the two if you want a good picture. Go to a store and look at the difference. Even a cheap IPS looks nicer than a TN.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.