[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was the point of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (4KB, 345x171px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4KB, 345x171px
What the fuck was the point of this?
>>
>>58745070
>informing users that the site they are about to enter will use a secure connection

GEE ANON I DON'T FUCKING KNOW WHY THIS WOULD EVER BE A THING OR BE USEFUL THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS THREAD.
>>
>>58745114
But why would you inform them that they're using a *secure* connection? You should be informing them when they're using an *insecure* connection
>>
>in the future, do not show this warning
>warning
>>
>>58745070
This means you found the holy grail of secure communications

Russian hackers will be powerless after this
>>
encryption is against the law in some countries
rather than falsely detect your country and not be up to date on the laws, they warned everyone and gave the option to ignore
>>
>>58745753
I like how Windows questions every command. It's like "Are you 100% percent sure you're in control anon?"
Just do the damn thing already.
>>
>>58745798
>blink twice if you're in distress
>>
WARNING: This website is secure
>>
I think it's actually kind of cute how Windows warns you about the most trivial things.
>>
>>58746863
WARNING: The Government cannot keep you safe and secure.
>>
WARNING: Do not read this post!
>>
>>58745798
it would be technological rape otherwise. consent is fun
>>
>>58747342
I don't have a problem with an OS giving info on what's going on.
Heck, I think it's good that you can see what the OS thinks its doing.

But it doesn't need to stop everything you're doing. That's the problem.
>>
>>58745259
This.
Even then Microsoft hated your privacy. Good thing they can see everything you do now though.
>>
>>58745125
Because they didn't have an inline UI to notify users that their connections were secure, so they made a popup instead of doing it properly.

Your (modern) browser does this better with a cute green padlock.
>>
>>58745125
>>58748042

The real reason is that back in those days it was very rare. Also it was rare for the browser itself to support it, or support it on the latest version. So it was also bragging rights for the site or the browser or the company to say "see? unlike others we are secure my mang".
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.