[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

windows phone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Lumia-950-XL.jpg (105KB, 780x494px) Image search: [Google]
Lumia-950-XL.jpg
105KB, 780x494px
how did it all went so wrong?
>>
No x86
>>
>>58738724
Just when Microsoft decided to break compatibility with WM6.
>>
Idk. As a mobile OS I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>58738744
How would that even matter for a completely locked down platform?
>>
shit UI, shit UX, shit apps, etc

M$ missed out on mobile. everyone knows this. move a long folks
>>
>windows

there's your answer
>>
>>58738724
>too late to the party
>by the time they did show up, Ballmer ended up going too far and affecting mainline Windows, see Win8/8.1
>shit apps, if you're going to upend 25 years of consumer-beloved design, at least make your apps easy to use
>bad design, fucking tiles
>not as easy to use as Google or Apple products
>no 3rd-part dev support
>only found on shitty low-end phones
>>
No apps.
>>
>>58738724
Microsoft. Same with the Zune...
>>
>>58739474
>not as easy to use as google
Compared to an android phone WP 8.1 was kindergarten tier to use. Bought a Lumia 640 for my 60yo dad and he gets along with it. Performance is also awesome on low ends

WP also had high-end phones.
>>
>>58738724
WinPhone 10 is awesome IF you look away from the lackluster gallery of apps.

Live tiles is just awesome.
>>
WP wass the only good Microsoft product since W7.

In fact, both WP and BB10 were far superior to whatever Google and Apple feel like crapping each year in performance, out of the box features, productivity and UX.

But normies, being the asswipes of corporations, fucked the mobile landscape by buying only Apple and Google products.

Fucking normies.
>>
File: wubba lubba dubdub.png (99KB, 1014x270px) Image search: [Google]
wubba lubba dubdub.png
99KB, 1014x270px
>>58738724
Too little, too late.
They could have kept running with windows mobile 6 and probably would still matter, but they broke compatibility all for a gimmick that, while novel, was rather useless.
>>
They killed Astoria.
The fucking only thing that could save them has been killed way back in 10460? because devs decided that two bridges were too much.

And islandwood requires access to the source code, so no portings because developers today are lazy fucks.

And xamarin... kek, no.

They either go full Centennial or the market is as good as dead

>t. two year windows phone user
and i would have continued if the OS didn't shit the bed
>>
>>58739099
>shit UI, shit UX, shit apps, etc

> "where's muh haamburger button"

Actually it has one of the best UIs ever designed for mobile. It was too different, tards like you couldn't handle it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.