[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HP 200LX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 200lx.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
200lx.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>handheld x86
>full physical QWERTY with numpad
>full desktop DOS
>40 hour battery life
>PCMIA, IR, serial
What is the modern equivalent to this?
>>
killing yourself
>>
File: 1478479960873.jpg (2MB, 2078x2092px) Image search: [Google]
1478479960873.jpg
2MB, 2078x2092px
>>58730266
>modern
>equivalent
There are none
>>
>>58730270
Try not to cut yourself on that edge bruh
>>
>>58730266
But how the hell do you type on that thing?

It sucks, but due to the size of the standard keyboard you will not find a full-fledged laptop that is under 11 inches in screen size.

UMPC is an incredible idea in theory but does not work in practice.
>>
Sony Vaio had a few many circo 2002-2010 (guessing the dates)
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=VAIO+UX&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBAU718AU718&oq=VAIO+UX&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Sony%E2%80%99s+VAIO+P&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBAU718AU718&oq=Sony%E2%80%99s+VAIO+P&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Nothing recent comes to mind
>>
>>58730358
Blackberry keyboards (and similar, I loved my E63) are way smaller than that and are far nicer to use than touchscreen soft keyboard are.
>>
>>58730398
Thanks for the links anon. I think the battery life would be a big issue- the VAIOs seem to be 2-4hr machines.
>>
File: jornada680.jpg (427KB, 2091x1391px) Image search: [Google]
jornada680.jpg
427KB, 2091x1391px
>>58730266
There is none, really. If you're willing to forego AA compatibility you can go with the HP Jornada line that comes with a decent suite of applications under its native Windows CE or can also run GNU/Linux.

>>58730358
It's not really that bad. You'll obviously never be as fast with it as you will on a more full-sized keyboard, but it's still a decently fluid experience once you get used to the odd key placement that I find a lot nicer to use for data processing stuff than a phone keyboard, touch or otherwise.

>>58730398
The problem with these newer systems compared to a 95LX/100LX/200LX is that they need expensive non-standard batteries and get shittier battery life on them too.
>>
File: 12-inch-retina-macbook.jpg (167KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
12-inch-retina-macbook.jpg
167KB, 1600x900px
>>58730266
>underpowered shit intel processor
>rubber chiclet keyboard
>ibm/pc compatible
>can not run anything more complicated than spreadsheet or calculator
>needs proprietary dongles to connect anything
>no SD slot
>screen is too small to see anything
hmmm lemme guess...
>>
>>58730266
A smart phone

it has
>superior ARM CPU
>software keyboard for saving space
>more useful android or ios operating system
>50 hours battery life
>usb, bluetooth, wifi, ir
>>
>>58730703
>superior ARM CPU
No, stop sucking '90s marketer cock
>software keyboard for saving space
Touch keyboards are garbage that take up half of your dwindling screen real estate and can't function without predictive typing algorithms. Have you ever tried actually doing something productive on a phone? Autocorrect fucks you every step of the way and it's a generally poor experience.
>more useful android or ios operating system
Uni-tasking toys with application bases of 90% web front-end shovelware and terribly wasteful touch-driven interfaces.
>50 hours battery life
No phone worth a shit in 2017 gets that much battery life, and that thing did it on standard AAs.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.