[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Internet Kill Switch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1e1716e0-trump-4x3.jpg (87KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1e1716e0-trump-4x3.jpg
87KB, 800x600px
If the government hit an internet kill switch, what would that look like?

And is there any kind of preemptive measure we can take to set up a separate internet?
>>
You have to go back
>>
a gorillion tons of C4 in each internet exchange
>>
they would kill the DNS database followed by the transcontinental ocean cables. that's the lowest hanging fruit.
>>
File: 1474267153157.jpg (511KB, 800x1290px) Image search: [Google]
1474267153157.jpg
511KB, 800x1290px
>>58730151
>an internet kill switch
WRONG!
>>
>>58730151

>government
>having any power over the internet

It's the corporations that have the power, not the governments. If you wanted a kill switch, just shut down AWS.
>>
They already have a kill switch for domains. It was in one of the leaked documents. Forget if it was 5 or 15 minutes before death. They do, and it happenings.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (21KB, 490x184px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
21KB, 490x184px
We'll find out tomorrow, stay tuned.
>>
>>58730151
Government owns the cables and the satellites. Radio signals can be traced and shut down.

If you wanted an internet that couldn't be killed by anyone externally, there's no such thing. Check back in a thousand years and maybe we'll have some kind of quantum entanglement modem.
>>
>>58730288
>Jim Acosta

You are fake news.
>>
>>58730188
I don't think DNS would even work that well. You'd just have a bunch of mildly pissed DNS operators having to point their DNS servers to a different root sever outside the country. I think the only real way would be to physically destroy the connections going outside the country which still wouldn't be easy.
>>
I'm worried Trump will create an internet kill switch with support from both parties in the event of terrorist attack.

With enough preparation though, I think local communities would be able to set up LANs that would be available in the event of the eventual use of this switch that would allow them to communicate with each other and help to organize.
>>
File: internet.jpg (34KB, 425x336px) Image search: [Google]
internet.jpg
34KB, 425x336px
>>58730151
>what would that look like?
like waking up after a very long nightmare.

The Internet was the worst thing to happen to Human civilization.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.