[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best mitx case /g/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0408.png (323KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0408.png
323KB, 900x900px
What's the best mitx case /g/
>>
not that one
>>
Zalman M1, hands down.
>>
Ncase M1
>>
>>58727939
All the overpriced crowdfunded ones.
>>
yes

because it has no downsides other than price

even then it includes a fan hub which would cost you at least $20 normally
>>
>>58727939
N200
>>
File: 01.jpg (77KB, 700x293px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
77KB, 700x293px
>>58727939
:
>>
>>58727939
Basically, it's like this.

Manta - Really solid build quality, get a ton of room, great cable management, easy watercooling options, great noise suppression (Which is a problem for mITX cases) and solid air flow. It lacks a lot of drive options though, it only has one 3.5" drive bay in the back and of course two SSD mounts.

It's a great case if you're willing to spend the money. I'd recommend it if you're paying $1000+ and don't care too much about prices.

Ncase M1 - Literally a meme. It looks really nice. It's made solidly. It lacks a lot of airflow options though. You can't fit a good sized GPU or CPU cooler. It's $180 too. While the Manta is a bit overpriced, the Ncase is super overpriced and lacks a lot of things that make modern ITX cases great.

If you live in an apartment in Tokyo and have little space but a lot of money, then get the Ncase. If not just get the Manta if you want to overspend on an ITX case.

Define Nano S - This is probably the most low key non-gaymer ITX case out there. It seems like a case a lot of /g/eniuses would buy due to it's minimalist look. It's basically a scaled down Define R5, but it's a really nice case.

I'd say it's probably the best buy overall. The air flow is superior to that of the Manta, but it lacks a lot of features the Manta has. That said if you're just looking for a performance case and like a basic look, then I'd get the Define Nano S.

Phantek Enthoo Evolv ITX - It's super popular because it's so cheap. I hear good and bad things about this case. I hear from some people the air flow is really good but read reviews, people are constantly complaining about overheating problems. It's a shame because in my opinion it's the best looking ITX case out there.

The price of the case has also climbed with the recent success of Phanteks. I personally would get the Define S Nano over this case due to the inconsistency of reviews.
>>
>>58729582
Zalman M1: Manta + great drive options and still smaller.
>>
File: _DSC0917.jpg (927KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC0917.jpg
927KB, 1500x1000px
>>58729582
The NCase isn't a meme;

Only when you try to watercool actual high end hardware like I did. The air temperatures were a bit worse for CPU and GPU, but the drives and board had healthier temperatures.

Manta is a meme, because it's basically a compact ATX or mATX case.

Nano S is a good case. Evolv ITX is a good case.
>>
>>58729567
: |
>>
>>58729582

Full size cards definetly fit in the Ncase, I have an evga 1080 ftw in mine, and running a 4690k at 4.6ghz without any thermal throttling. The Ncase is a premium case though so it is expensive. If on a budget I guess other options like nzxt, phanteks, or fractal design are okay, but those might as well be matx considering how big they are.
>>
>>58729582
>>58729878
The issue with the Define Nano S is the GPU is cucked by the PSU. Look up pictures of finished builds, there's like a quarter inch of clearance.

At least NZXT added a vented shroud.
>>
>>58729567
I actually have this case.
>>
>>58732327
pic?
>>
File: Lian Li PC-Y6.jpg (145KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Lian Li PC-Y6.jpg
145KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>58734010
My uncle who works for a company making boats gave him this PC case when he got his promotion.
he had no idea how to assemble anything so i had to do it, did not look good.
>>
>>58734029
Mine doesn't look too great right now either, have to get a modular PSU and work on the cable management
>>
>>58734060
A modular PSU is the only thing he didnt get... looks like a spider nest coverd with sawdust last time i saw it, dusted it off and made god damn sure it wouldnt start a fire
>>
>>58727939
fractal define r5
>>
>>58727939
What's the point of white cases when most hardware is black
>>
>>58735744
For people who just want a white case or also have white peripherals.
>>
>>58735758
But it wouldn't match
>>
>>58735843
Not everyone gives a damn. I've got a black monitor next to an aluminium case right now.
>>
Manta, Nano S or Evolv?
>>
File: CA025PT_108372_800x800.jpg (116KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
CA025PT_108372_800x800.jpg
116KB, 800x800px
>>58729878
>Evolv ITX is a good case

good taste anon
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.