[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: chromebook.jpg (176KB, 1000x606px) Image search: [Google]
chromebook.jpg
176KB, 1000x606px
Why haven't you fully embraced the Chromebook and what it represents, /g/?
Just bought myself and convinced 4 (four) extended family members to buy one.
I got my Acer Chromebook 11 a little too early and, while it has great speakers, it only has 2GB of Ram, a little short for a 3 digit tabber like me. Should have waited for the Samsung Chromebook 3 (4GB) like everyone else for the same price.

-Security
-Always connected connectivity and cloud computing
-Ease of use
-Fleshed out App store
-Futureproof as the landscape of web dev progresses
-free (free) Office software for productivity
-Lightweight hardware and software payload
-Huge homebrew scene

They were sold out at every Best Buy we went to around here. This things are flying off the shelf for some reason. Why even bother with these blue-shirted idiots when we ended up having to buy them on Amazon anyway.

And don't give me that joogle botnet bullshit. GoogleAI, release date 2028, will be the most intimate experience you've had in your life, botnet or not.
>>
>>58727300
Also post your Cog's if you're really not a dweeb and know your way around these baubles.
>>
I've had a Chromebook for just over 4 years now, one of the early Acer ones. ChromeOS did the job until the updates started lagging on it and when I realised the App Store wasn't coming to my model I wiped it all and installed xubuntu. Best decision ever. As machines (never mind ChromeOS) they're the best bang for your buck.
>>
I think on /pol/ they call this a... shill thread?
>>
>>58727300
Because I bought an XPS15 and installed Windows 7 on it, and it's working wonderfully (: Chromebooks are low-end shit for facebookers.
>>
>>58727300
>-gratis (proprietary) Office software for productivity if you like doing your work on someone else's computer
FTFY
>>
>>58727414
Cloud collaboration is 2017. I can't be sorry if Linux doesn't keep up.
>>
>>58727413
>Backdoors 7
Keep it in the classroom, kiddo. There's no enterprise application for that deprecated security risk.
>>
>>58727565
said raj..
>>
>>58727614
Is that the tech support guy you get at Dell when you have driver issues? Works fine on my machine.
>>
I really wanted to but they're retardly expensive in Brazil
>>
>>58727641
Works fine on mine as well, raj
>>
>>58727300

I'm glad you and your family members enjoy cheap pieces of shit. Thanks for sharing, douche.
>>
>>58727300
I have. Its great, runs perfect on old hardware. Boots in 4 seconds. Just perfect for interneting.
>>
>>58727434
Literally going backwards
"Cloud collaboration" is the modern term for "Mainframe computing"

Lots of small dummy computers that just let larger servers do all the real work
>>
>>58727300
Format it and install Debian.

>inb4 gentoo
>>
>>58727397
Yep, it's marketing to the high degree. Why don't these tards realize we won't buy this shit. We're all thinkpads and linux/win07.
>>
File: 1481852513214.jpg (42KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1481852513214.jpg
42KB, 604x453px
>>58727300
How is security if you don't have often system updates ?
And that someone get your Gmail Can know
Your locations , your agenda , your contacts and your visa mastercard ?
>>
I use a Chromebook and the Google ecosystem at my university, because everything at the uni is integrated with Google - even the university email is basically a reskin of Gmail. It's actually pretty nice if you don't mind the botnet, which I don't with school affairs. Privacy is a lost cause when your school email is your real name. But for personal affairs, I wouldn't use one because of the botnet and Peppermint OS/Apricity OS basically being Chrome OS but good.
>>
>>58729109
This

It's like going back to 80s hacker movies
>>
>>58729780
Get a USB with kali and have fun :3
>>
>>58727300

Google is watching everything you do.
>>
Because it's literally still just Chrome guised as a really shitty really dumbed-down web/cloud based operating-system. Trust me I have one it's nice and all but Chrome OS literally so fucking dumbed-down that it's useless and pointless and you're tied and weighed down on the ChromeBook and Chrome OS by a shitty FUCKING TINY eMMC drive anyway. The only good ones are the FHD 1080p ChromeBooks that have good Linux support and the ones that literally any distros will run just fine out of the box on them.
>>
>>58727300
>purchasing any Chromebook except the Pixel and flashing Coreboot on it
LMAOing at your life!
>>
>>58727300
>machine useless without internet

nah
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.