[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the point of open headphones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: ADZ_Product_Shots_LCD-XC_0.jpg (412KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ADZ_Product_Shots_LCD-XC_0.jpg
412KB, 1000x1000px
what's the point of open headphones
>>
>>58724574
broadcasting your terrible taste in music to those around you
>>
better sound stage
>>
>>58724574
It's easier to get accurate reproduction and high sound quality if you don't have the drivers in a sealed chamber. The same way better speakers will have ports on them - it's so the drivers don't have to compress the air inside the box. More of the energy goes into moving the air in front of the drivers (i.e., creating the sound they're playing).

The downside, of course, is that they leak sound to the surroundings, and avoiding this is in many cases why people are wearing headphones to begin with.
>>
>>58724709

This.

Also sometimes I want to block outside noises. I have my Fidelio X2s at home, and (used to have) M40Xs when I'm out.
>>
Idk, but my $59 SPH9500s shit on my $150 M50s.
>>
>>58724766

Uh.. No they don't...
>>
>>58724574
To get retards to pay more than $50 on audio listening equipment
>>
I think It produces a better listening experience. not so claustrophobic

I like to monitor instruments with open back headphones because you can still hear everything thats not your instrument.
>>
>>58724670
>my DT770s have better sound stage than my SR60es

what believe now??
>>
>>58725095

>falling for the m50 meme

M50s are horse shit mate, sorry to break it to you.

M40s are god tier however.
>>
Closed headphones like that create annoying pressure in the ear
>>
>>58724574
>what's the point of open headphones
...he says posting a pretentious, disappointing-performing 40lb pair of LCD-XC
>>
>>58725292
>pressure in the ear
you mean sound? lmao
>>
>>58725350
>hes a fostex cuck
>>
>>58725250
I have the m40x but don't really enjoy it, are the shp-9500 better or is it because i use a shitty jack in plug?
>>
>>58725411
Mr Speakers, so yeah, sort of.
Compared side by side, the Alpha Primes were way more open-sounding and balanced than the LCD-XC. It wasn't close.
>>
apart from sound preference - better ventilation
>>
>>58725164
>a better listening experience. not so claustrophobic
Probably this. I have a closed one but I can almost hear my own heartbeats when there isn't anything playing.
>>
situational awareness crossing the road

all I got
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.