[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ is full of hipsters who actually know little to jack shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1484616413644.jpg (128KB, 561x476px) Image search: [Google]
1484616413644.jpg
128KB, 561x476px
/g/ is full of hipsters who actually know little to jack shit nothing about Linux. Prove me wrong?
>>
meh
>>
But I've installed Gentoo and use it everyday!
>>
>>58723951
>he spends his life "ricing"
>>
>>58723951
I only know about cli desu, which is to Linux what English language is to political sciences.
>>
>>58724011
* T B H
fuck off
>>
Only thing that ever changes in the tech world now is linux. It's only natural to be attracted to it.
>>
>>58723973

That was the best meme ever. On one hand you could troll some novice into it. But on the other, there were legitimate users that actually believed in it.

It is the worst idea for a distribution ever. OK, not entirely, but certainly stupid for the masses of the Desktop. We're talking that the best boost was +1%.

And the main problem is that when you run 64bit binaries nowadays, the compilers automatically always force SSE instructions so little use of compiling.
>>
>>58724225
>the compilers automatically always force SSE instructions

PS. This is because there is no x86_64 processor that doesn't support them so they are always safe to be compiled in, so the point of recompilation drops enormously since it was the main boost you can achieve compared to a plain vanilla binary.
>>
Can confirm. I use Windows 10, Chrome, gmail, play video games and work in a field unrelated to technology

Best part? There is nothing you can do about it
>>
>>58724257
Oh, almost forgot. Anime is stupid
>>
>>58723951
Most of us aren't old enough to have mastered Linux but I will say, there ARE a few of you faggots lurking out there, who really know your shit. I'd like to thank you, you're all that this place has going for it.
>>
>>58723951
There's more to technology than just linux. There's more to technology than just PCs. There's more to technology than just electronic devices. It's sad that people like you can't see that.
>>
>>58723951
I was alreadyusinglinux in 94 kiddo
>>
>>58724346
So?
>>
>>58724346
Yep, dragon dildo is technology too.
>>
>>58723951
I know ls
>>
>>58724225
>>58724255
>using gentoo for performance
>using gentoo on your desktop
that's the meme.
gentoo gives the possibility of directly interacting with your system's code and very deeply customising it to the point of choosing different variants of the X Server.

that makes no sense on a desktop machine and is indeed a huge waste of time, unless you do it to learn about the GNU/Linux ecosystem, in which case you're forced to at least have seen every component once and have a name you can look up when necessary, or it might be useful in large-scale computation, where setting up a server for a week is not so bad if it lets you check any installed software for holes and gives you stuff like a hardened kernel as options.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.