[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fastest and best way to learn Java?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: java.jpg (36KB, 651x400px) Image search: [Google]
java.jpg
36KB, 651x400px
Fastest and best way to learn Java?
>>
travel to India and find a yogi employed at Infosys
>>
>>58723547
wtf dude
>>
I also want to know

I ordered that book by Liang a few days ago but it hasn't arrived yet.
>>
>>58723531
>>58723638
http://www.deitel.com/Books/Java/JavaHowtoProgram10eEarlyObjects/tabid/3656/Default.aspx
>>
>>58723531

you = (java && kys())?kys():kys().
>>
>>58723651
deitel books are useless they just got tons of unecessary info
>>
>>58723531
Derek Banas on youtube. He has a 30 minute video covering the basics of java. Way better than The New Boston
>>
start with javascript first.

it's easier to learn and java is based on it.
>>
>>58724262
>java is based off of JavaScript
You're retarded anon
>>
>>58724262
Low quality bait pls go
>>
>>58723671
Absolutely ebin.
>>
>>58724262
lol this is bs they are nothing alike
>>
>>58724035
Derek Banas is really bad, he just shits out videos about the basics of languages, without ever actually teaching any concepts or methods.

His videos are litereally like
>here's how you do comments
>here's how you do math
at like lightning speed, trying to get through as much of the language as possible.

But as a new programmer, or a returning programmer, they aren't that helpful.
>>
>>58724518
then which one you suggest
>>
>>58724675
Don't watch a shitty video series, textbooks and practical experience are the way to go.
>>
Intro to Java 9th edition is the best java book bar none.
>>
>>58724262
poor quality bait.
>>
http://openbook[dot]rheinwerk-verlag.de/javainsel/
if you happen to understand that meme language too
>>
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bypl-1jW2SWWZHVTRFV2RlEwR2c

one of those books should work
>>
>>58724675
literally any modern textbook, but you'll be best off if you can find some kind of uni course to follow along with.
>>
This is a good java book and goes indepth into the language https://www.amazon.com/OCA-Certified-Associate-Programmer-1Z0-808/dp/1118957407/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
>>
Oracle's Java tutorial, then read Bloch's Effective Java
>>
http://learn-hindi-online.com/
>>
>>58724730
wow nice dude you just gave me all amazon books lol thanks!
>>
>>58723531
Learn programming with C then learn bloat and >>58723547 is correct.
>>58724262
>bait.gif
>>58724800
yes
>>
>>58724812
sharing is caring
>>
>>58723671
>NO SEMI COLON
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>58723531
just watch a yt playlist and then try to code an autism text based game with classes and crap etc, then rewatch the tutorials and then code a loo, then travel to india
>>
File: xTNJ1RN.webm (153KB, 400x222px) Image search: [Google]
xTNJ1RN.webm
153KB, 400x222px
>>58724730
>a whole book on dependency injection
>>
>>58724730
Thank you for this. You Sir are a true gentleman.
>>
>>58724518
This desu. Often Derek Banas leaves out the fundamental principles or defining features of a language. He's good at teaching syntax like variables, loops, structures but you can literally learn those in a few minutes by looking it up.

I wouldn't recommend learning from him. Or skim through his videos at 1.5x speed just to get an initial feel for the language. As for learning Java, I would suggest picking up a textbook or doing a MOOC or Udacity or something like that.
>>
>>58723531
Read Head First Java
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.