[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn to program

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: cumulus1108_neumuenster04.jpg (160KB, 880x580px) Image search: [Google]
cumulus1108_neumuenster04.jpg
160KB, 880x580px
Hey how should i start the best with programming i have an apple macbook. Thx
>>
>>58723474
install gentoo
>>
>>58723474
program some normie cringe failing startup lang like python ruby on rails or go
>>
and then ? is there any kind of tutorial in there ?
>>
and then ? is there any kind of tutorial in there ???
>>
File: 1453134874676.jpg (35KB, 468x456px) Image search: [Google]
1453134874676.jpg
35KB, 468x456px
>>58725362
tits or gtfo
>>
>>58723474
pick C or Pyhon to learn (if you pick python don't use OOP yet). Procced to learn about algorithms with the Cormen or Skiena book. Then learn another language this time OOP like java, C# or C++. If you want to learn about theory too, read the hopcroft book also.

Do all this and exercise alot and with hope you will know how to be a good programmer. I hope.
>>
where the fucking tutorial is ??
>>
thanks man !
So i just have to look for the Cormen or Siena book and study it.
>>
>>58725671
step back braathaaa
>>
>>58725681
the cormen has almost 1000 pages. there might be sections you want to pass. of maybe not. its up to you :^)
>>
>>58725739
haha, okay i'll take a look.
is there a version in german?
>>
>>58725817
i really don't know. sorry :( try searching amazon
>>
>>58725919
np senpai.
Thank you. Are you good in programming and what do you say study it in the university ?
>>
>>58725919
wth he corrected senpai into senpai hahaha
>>
>>58723474
punish yourself, then open automate boring stuff whit python
>>
>>58725940
i study computer engineering. I really don't know if I am good or not, although I had never been troubled about programming in my university.
>>
>>58723474
i'm a girl btw
>>
>>58726023
Ah, cool.
I'm right now in Economics but this is just fucking boring man. It's like these profs are trying to fill as much shit as they can inside this toilet named students and then get the hell out of there. we are like over 1000 students in the room when the prof starts. So i'm about to switch it all up.
>>
>>58726057
Oh, im sorry Miss Lady Mc HammerGeil
>>
>>58723474
>Thx

leave fgt
>>
>>58726113
hehehehe
>>
>>58726067
change to cs, you won't regret :^) or maybe you will, i dunno. some people that do like to program don't like to study its theory (which you would need to learn there)
>>
As someone who taught myself programming it's a very hard path (guessing I'm a retard),

start with setting up a programs to write C++ and build the code

Try hello world program, (may need to add pause in it to keep the window up) follow YouTube tutorial.

If success then try setting target applications, basic ones at first, e.g. print back what you just typed, calculations, basic display, basic games, a good source for examples is Google's programming competition thing,

When your code doesn't work, Google the error and find out what's wrong

All this while simultaneously browsing the web learning the basics of c++ language, e.g data types, operators, functions, structures,

If you get curious, follow inquisition in Google to learn how code is compiled into binary numbers and how it is processed in the CPU, and underlying architecture/operating system,

I have a very good understanding but it probably would have been easier to read a book but due to my underlying desires to train my brain for pattern matching I try to avoid sources that are easy to understand
>>
>>58723474
you need a thinkpad if you want to program
>>
>>58726162
>I try to avoid sources that are easy to understand
>>
>>58726162
i disagree with most of it (specially starting with C++) but a good C++ book would be Lipmann's C++ Primer. just saying.
>>
If you have a problem Google or YouTube it, learn how to use Google/YouTube effectively by only using keywords and imagining what types of keywords will be present in the results that you want, plainly typing the question you want the answer to is being retarded,

Instead of "what types of data types are there in C++?", "C++ data types"
>>
>>58726162
Use a book, don't use shitty YouTube video's.
Usually they are packed with bad habits / outdated info or worse disinfo.
>>
>>58726214
I took a hard path, I program nearly every day in a research position and I still haven't read a book, it depends what kind of learner you are, I really need to read a book soon though, I want to learn about performance considerations when coding to compare with my own assumptions incorporating my knowledge of how the code is executing
>>
>>58726217
for me it's the exact opposite, google went 100% broken for me the moment they changed it like that

It's the reason why I started using ixquick. When you search for chan 4 you will get presented with chan 4. Google would give chan 4 but other users also searched for chan 4.1 and chan 2 so here's their results. It literally broke debugging because of no quotation marks and womanized style of search.
>>
>>58726247
I don't recommend learning how I did
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.