[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kindle QA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (7KB, 292x172px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 292x172px
Well, I just got this device as a gift from a close friend of mine. Since I'm very paranoid about financial stability I'm afraid that I probably won't BUY any kind of literature.
Following this conclusion I have some questions concerning on "How to set up this device to comfortably read externally obtained ePubs,PDFs etc."

First of all:
Does this device permanently sync to my Amazon Account?
Should I create a second Amazon account only to connect it to this device?
Should I connect it to the internet?
Where can I obtain those dictionaries already preinstalled on this device (sadly my friend reset it completely)?
Should I maybe create a second Amazonn account and use Giftcards to buy those eBooks,therefore i dont have to connect it to my bankaccount...
What happens if I connect my main account to this device and afterwards download externally obtainend books? Does Amazon prescan my device?

There is also this option to create a second Amazon account, connect it to the internet and only read official scripts...

Thank you for your help.
I'm not english btw so sorry for bad grammar.
>>
>>58719057
Just don't connect it to the internet and put pirated mobi's on there
>>
>>58719057
Amazon doesn't give a fuck about the .01% with pirated books. It makes money off of the 99.99% that can afford to pay $10 for a book.
>>
>>58719082
Yeah but what if I want to use this dictionary feature which i can use to quickly define words

I know its possible to use it offline. But firstly I need to get them somehow and set it up to be seen as a dic by my kindle
>>
Calibre can convert pirated epubs etc into mobis for your device to use.
Never connect it to the internet and it can't do shit.

Or perhaps sell/refund it and get a kobo where you don't have to do this shit to read pirated books.
>>
>>58719099
Yeah but i come from an eastern european country and basically need english literature for some of my studies.... those are very expensive when I try to get them officially in my country.
>>
>>58719112
>>58719099
>>58719082
What if my device is 50% pirated ebooks and 50% official amazon books

Like Im willingly to pay 3-5$ for a book but 30$ for a book is certainly to much
>>
>>58719159
They don't care, sideloading books has always been a feature.
>>
>>58719109
I never payed for ebooks on my kindle, dictionary works with no problem. For a time i even used to email books to the kindle and worked fine.
>>
>>58719082
You can connect it to the internet and sideload anything you want while buying or not any book. What's the best feature you can sideload using Amazon @kindle email.
>>
There is no need to connect your Kindle to the internets. Preferable that you don't, actually. Install Calibre and hook up your reader with USB. Add acquired books, mobi or epub to your library, then instruct Calibre to send them to Kindle memory. It works great and is very comfy. Calibre keeps track of everything for you. I use an old Kindle DX which is yuuuge and have read many imported books. Retail epubs are my preference.
>>
Is the kobo one aura really worth or should I just get the kindle
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.