[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/irgin here in need of advice. Is it worth buying a second

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 001.jpg (190KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
190KB, 900x1200px
/v/irgin here in need of advice.

Is it worth buying a second hand i7 2600K for 110 Britbux, to replace my i5 2320?

Or would it be better to sink £320ish into a new motherboard, DDR4 RAM and a i5 6600K?
>>
>>58718926
Get the i7. It'll be a massive upgrade.
>>
The second hand i7 would be the better choice, by far.
Another alternative is not upgrading at all. Seriously, it's likely that you don't actually need an upgrade, for your CPU at least.

Why are you considering upgrading?
>>
>>58718926

It's a significant upgrade but 110 britbucks is a lot as well. If you're desperate for performance now, do it.
>>
If your going to go skylake you might as well go Kabylake and get a i7 7600k. Only a 10$ difference in price on newegg, and people are getting about 5-5.2ghz overclock.
>>
£110 is steep for an i7-2600k, you can get an i5-3570k for the same price and it'll perform slightly better

the 6600k will perform better still but it won't be a huge upgrade

an i7-3770k however will be better than the 6600k and will only cost about £200 for the cpu at most

don't bother if you have a gimped mobo, though
>>
ITS ONLY WORTH IT IF YOU HAVE AN OC CAPABLE MOTHERBOARD ALREADY

If you do it's a fine choice, especially in that neck of the global woods. Otherwise it's kind of a waste.
>>
>>58718970
Basically, because i haven't upgraded since 2012, apart from going from a 560Ti to a 1050Ti earlier this month as a holdover until i have more disposable income.

If i can get by spending less than 250 total on upgrading and get a few more years out of my current PC, I'd be pretty happy with that.
>>
>>58719008
I think it's overclockable. It's an MSI H61MU-E35(B3).
The back of the box states it comes with Overclock Genie for OC'ing the CPU, but I''ve never looked into it further since my current CPU isn't a K model.
>>
>>58719028
Unless your mobo can OC you wouldn't be gaining much in video games or really im general. They'd have the same ipc and most processers really don't benefit from the multithreading. So basically unless you can OC you're spending 110 Britbux for a 100mhz boost.
>>
>>58719095
See
>>58719069
>>
>>58719069
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/pc-components/motherboards/msi-h61mu-e35-935821/review/2

>While the H61 chipset doesn't allow for overclocking on the processing part of the Sandy Bridge CPUs, it does allow some overclocking on the integrated graphics core.

Sorry bud.
>>
File: 010.jpg (163KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
163KB, 900x1200px
>>58719146
Don't be sorry, you've helped me and I'm grateful.

I'll put off upgrading for now, but when I do I'll be sure to get a motherboard that I can overclock with and an i5 or i7.
>>
>>58719028
try to sell cpu,mbo,ram and add a little and go 6500,z170 and fastest ddr4 you can muster(im really long in this hwbullshit game yet i never saw that ram influence on system this much-up to ~15% depending on usage)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.