[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HDMI SWITCH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: USB SWITCH.jpg (350KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
USB SWITCH.jpg
350KB, 1200x900px
hello,

i dont usually ask /g/ much but..

I am looking for a HDMI or maybe Displayport Switch that is like the one in my picture, but obviously not a USB.

Ive searched and searched for one and not been able to find one.

Im looking for a HDMI with a switch on it so it switches off completely.

ive tried a switch box but it dosen't work when i try and switch it off it dosen't work unless there is another hdmi source plugged in.

would I have to make one by cutting a hdmi cable in half and adding a switch?

if so which pins would I have to switch off would it be all of them or just the power wire.

thanks in advance
>>
>>58709778
Why do you need it
>>
If you could find one with a knob it will probably do what you want.

I'd suggest just using an hdmi extension cable and just pull them apart and put them back together as needed.
>>
>>58710041

I use a monitor and a TV connected to my computer, whenever I play games on the TV i have to unplug the monitor each time because the games wont display to the 2nd monitor without messing around. the tv is always connected with the monitor.

the easiest way of displaying the games to the tv is to unplug the monitor so that the picture is a one display.

I dont want to potentially break my graphics card by keep unpluging and replugging the cable each time.

I am aware you can display games to the 2nd monitor but I dont want to have to keep configuring the settings.

the only thing that would sort the problem is a cable that can be switched on or off.
>>
>>58710059

ok thanks I will try looking for one with a knob on, didn't realise this.
>>
>>58709778

if i cut a cable in half and put a switch on the power wire would that work?
>>
File: 09.jpg (8KB, 315x207px) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
8KB, 315x207px
>>58710059
Yeah I'd say the same about the extension.
Could tie them like this so the cables don't fall down the back of your desk when separated.
>>
File: ab switch.jpg (60KB, 1192x1124px) Image search: [Google]
ab switch.jpg
60KB, 1192x1124px
>>58710426

thats a great idea, I will use this method for now.

and I have a non auto switch I will get from amazon. if the switch ends up not working or interference I will use your method.

many thanks!!! (from OP)
>>
>>58710506
>digital connection
>interference
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.