[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Apple coming out with a new Mac mini?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (213KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213KB, 1600x1200px
Is Apple coming out with a new Mac mini?
>>
>>58709167
probably not.
>>
>>58709167
The last time they "upgraded" the mini, they literally made it worse
>>
>>58709167
No, it's dead.

They'll probably just tell people to buy an iMac.

Just like they told people who used Xserve to switch to Mac Mini after they discontinued Xserve.
>>
>can't put marketting buzz words like '5K' or anything to do with touch
>sub $1000 and not a phone or tablet

lol
>>
Should I buy the 2014 version?
>>
Desktops are dying, specially all-in-ones because laptops now have desktop performance and are portable

Mac minis are popular because it's the cheapest way to get a working osX system, at around $600~ (other than Hackintosh)
compared to the cheapest macbook air for $900 which has less performance and is prone to damage

because of slower sales of mac minis, they still have plenty of leftovers available, so they don't have the need to release a newer one as people still buy them (albeit less than before)

just the garbage can mac, the problem with this one is that there exists high end pro users (video editing, 3D) that used the old mac desktops, but eventually had to settle for the shitty trash bins which have 0 upgradability,

nowadays they are becoming outdated and there's no replacement, so now editors are getting macbooks and using external render units which is a fuckign hassle
>>
>>58709348
No, get the 2012(?) version, the one that's actually quad-core. The 2014 version was downgraded to dual-core because Apple is genuinely retarded.
>>
i doubt it

there is supposed to be new or updated imacs this quarter, i would love to see a new mac pro or a mac mini in this presentation but there is no rumor circulating at all about this
>>
>>58709348
You should just build an ITX-system
>>
>>58709217
Nope. They don't want iMacs either. They want to eliminate everything but iOS devices. But since you need a mac to code for them, they want to eliminate everything but their laptops.
>>
>>58709589
iMacs are still going pretty strong, but they do want to replace anything that isn't MacBooks, MacBook Pros, iMacs, iPhones and iPads. Mac Pro and Mac Mini are almost guaranteed to be discountinued, with MacBook Airs not being far off. The budget-ish market just does not mesh with modern post-Jobs Apple.
>>
>>58709167
I hope so.
>Sick of Windows but don't want to Hackintosh
>Don't want to spend thousands on a Macbook as I have my own keyboard + mouse + display
>Current Mini only has DP 1.1
>I have a 4k 60Hz
C'mon Apple!
>>
File: 1482885386390.png (256KB, 407x557px) Image search: [Google]
1482885386390.png
256KB, 407x557px
>>58709167
>>
File: MacMiniRack500[1].jpg (73KB, 500x670px) Image search: [Google]
MacMiniRack500[1].jpg
73KB, 500x670px
>>58709167
No, with removing the mac pro Apple affirmed their plans to only sell "fashion" electronics, and even if they would it would be worse than it's predecessor.

Only desktop users and professionals that missed the Xserve used it, that's not a market Tim Cock wants to be associated with.
>>
>>58709655
>The budget-ish market just does not mesh with modern post-Jobs Apple.
It never did. Apple has never competed on price - that's the No1 meme on /g/.
>>
They're probably going to make the mac slice to replace the mini. It'll be their thinnest desktop ever!
>>
>>58709367
>laptops now have desktop performance

Desktops are dying since laptops are sufficient for most people but that's just not true
>>
>>58709367

Yeah, only if you buy xtreme gaymen models with desktop processors.
>>
>>58710682
obvious bait but actually we keep moving further away from this. laptops get weaker and weaker in comparison which is totally fine.
>>
reminder that the current mac mini is still slower than the 2012 one
>>
>>58710665
Tablets are sufficient for most people.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.