[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 8211e5008ae3449b336d.jpg (33KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
8211e5008ae3449b336d.jpg
33KB, 680x453px
what happened?
>>
someone got threw out of a bar wearing google glass in SF and thus it was exiled
>>
they couldn't un-invent the term "glassholes".
>>
Minorities bitched about white people having nice things.

Its a total tragedy...
>>
>>58702719
Everybody who saw it thought, "oh that would be cool for AR!"

All of the """"journalists"""" reported "GOOGLE RELEASES NEW VIRTUAL REALITY HEADSET!!!! when that's not even remotely what it was

All of the developers... hahahahah oh wait nobody actually developed anything for it, including augmented reality which was the only reason anyone was interested in it

Thus... the net userbase outside of the wealthy early adopters, who already got their boner from buying the devkit, was about 0
>>
like all failed inventions:

poorfags
>>
>>58702970
It's a shame this was canceled by Google , but VR headsets somehow succeeded. Google Glass actually looked good and people wouldn't be embarrassed to wear it.
>>
>>58703099
>Google Glass actually looked good and people wouldn't be embarrassed to wear it.

It makes you look like the biggest douche in the room. People were attacked for wearing it in public.
>>
>>58702719
Bad industrial design and (possibly) ahead of its time. The unfamiliar design was strange/unfashionable and they came out with a product before there were any really compelling reasons for the average person to own one. Sort of like smartwatches but to an even greater extent.
I can definitely see smart glasses coming back someday. I've used the Hololens quite a bit and once they figure out the terrible letterboxing issue the applications for work environments seem numerous.
>>
Can't trust people with glasses. Too elitist.
>>
File: 0068991435.webm (2MB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
0068991435.webm
2MB, 480x640px
>>58703118
Haven't heard of that. It's possible I guess. But in all seriousness, exactly no one looks like anything other than a loser with a VR headset on.
>>
https://9to5mac.com/2017/01/09/apple-digital-glasses-carl-zeiss/
>>
File: images-3.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
>>58702719
Yes White bitch
I want my Chinese clone of that shit that will look like from sayans fighters
You bitch ass slut
>>
>>58703153
>>58703118

People get really pissy when they think they are being recorded, when they are in public, with no right to privacy.

Personally, I want one to record 24/7 when i'm outside, I don't trust people and know that video may be the only evidence to get me off any kind of accusation.

>>58702719
shit cost 1500$ and never came down in price so no one developed for it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.