[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are computers so unfriendly towards southpaws?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

Why are computers so unfriendly towards southpaws?
>>
File: 1458564607578.png (137KB, 441x462px) Image search: [Google]
1458564607578.png
137KB, 441x462px
>>58700602
>have a best friend
>he's left handed
>plays games with his right hand on the mouse
>plays a normal guitar

It's all about muscle memory, not what hand you use to do what. Quit being a bitch and learn it like the rest of us.
>>
>>58700623
According to studies at Harvard medical school forcing yourself to learn tasks with your right hand when you are left handed causes anxiety and depression.
>>
>>58700640
become right handed then
>>
there are far more right handed people
idk about others, but if i made something, i couldn't accommodate for left handed users if i tried, as i can't wrap my mind around using things left handed
>>
>>58700640
Fuck the norm, faggot.

Do what you want to do. Studies suggest that I'll be awesome at everything, so I am. Go be awesome, faggot.
>>
>>58700640
According to studies at 4chan technology board, you are a stupid tripcode abusing faggot
>>
>>58700678
show me a single fucking study that says that, faggot
>>
>>58700695
The study I made when I was born. Why do you want others dicate what you can or cannot do?

Go do whatever, man. Manifest destiny.
>>
>>58700640
Living away from the bahamas causes anxiety and depression
>>
File: OP walks into a bar.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
OP walks into a bar.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>58700602
>Why are computers so unfriendly towards southpaws.

I'm left handed.

I have absolutely no problems using a mouse and keyboard traditionally.

What are you on about, faggot?
>>
>>58700640
I bet you cause anxiety and depression to your parents
>>
I'm lefty

Using the mouse with right hand, but playing righthand guitar is a big uncomfortable no-no
>>
>>58700874
same. I dont think I've seen a person use a mouse left handed, regardless if they're a southpaw or not.

though I use the trackpad on my laptop with my left hand..
>>
>>58700602
How so? Mice are symmetrical so you can use them on either hand. Keyboard is mostly symmetrical too.

If it's about the arrow keys, let me remind you every modern game uses wasd for movement so arrow keys don't matter.

And keys can be remapped anyway.

I don't see the problem.
>>
>>58701078
>Mice are symmetrical
not all of them are
>>
Left handed people need to be culled and euthanized.

>>58700640

How about posting the actual study instead of being a humongous faggot?
>>
>>58701078
i only use the arrow keys with my right hand

i'd imagine a left handed person would prefer the arrow keys over wasd for games
>>
>>58701136
Numpad would make more sense since there are more keys around
>>
>>58700692
>using something is abuse

really made me think
>>
>>58701142
true
>>
>>58700712
/thread
>>
I'm a lefty and never had any problems with PCs

I also know many lefty people, some prefer a hand over the other in doing certain tasks but the 100% of them use the mouse in the right hand, me included, and don't fucking know why
>>
>>58700640
Fucking everything causes anxiety and depression
>>
>>58701149
>drops trip to reply
Tripcodes are made to be used when the identity of the poster is critical, so not only is it bad etiquette to constantly identify yourself (when in rome..) but it also shows how fragile your ego is that you can't contribute to something without being """credited"""
Eat shit and die tripfag
>>
>>58701355
Also of note: These rules are literally all conjecture made up by butthurt fuckfaces
>>
>>58701367
Also of note: this isn't anything new.
>>
>>58700602

Because it is the Devils hand OP. It is unholy, and must be broken from you.
>>
What makes them so unfriendly? I use the mouse right handed no problem. It's just how I learned to use it. When it's just the keyboard then I don't what the difference would be.
>>
>>58700640
According to studies at Harvard medical school being named Kevin leads to homosexuality, depression and suicide.

Now be a good boy, Kevin, and kys by chocking on a BBC.
>>
>>58701007
I'm right-handed and I use my trackball with my left hand.
>>
>>58700602
How? Qwerty keyboards have a huge left hand bias!
>>
>>58701885
BBC, Big Black Cunt?
>>
>>58700623
that's me

>>58700640
that's also me
>>
>>58700640
It was the study that caused the anxiety and depresson.
>>
>>58700982
have fun not being able to have fun with guitar consumerism

fun fact: Billy Corgan is left handed and plays right. Jimi Hendrix was right handed and plays left
>>
>>58701136
>>58701249
>>58701142
I'm left handed and use the mouse with my left hand (never had a problem with that until I had to find a ambidextrous gaymen mouse).
I also play with the arrow keys in most games.
>>
>Mouse is by my non-dominant hand
>Dominant hand always stays on the keyboard
>Exactly as things should be

Why are computers so unfriendly towards righties?
>>
>>58700640
that explains a lot
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.